Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread

Go down 
+17
JayMoyles
rlsniper789
ShadoWolf
AGuy
Snake14691
Slazo
masofdas
Treesmurf
Tokyo_Sonata
Solve My Maze
ScottGamer17
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Kyranitar
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Dusty Knackers
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 13 Apr 2013 - 16:28

"Bah-gawd King, Fandango's hit the top rope leg drop! Taker's broken in half! Somebody stop the damn match!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013 - 18:11

Zack Ryder's been posting pictures and videos of him ditching all the goofy ring gear and saying "he's done with all that"... jobber heel turn imminent?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2013 - 0:34

At least he's clever enough to realise his current gimmick isn't working any more.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2013 - 8:03

Not that it helped much...

That Taker match was brilliant. Although I hope he returns to being off our screens after this, because when he's used sparingly, he's the WWE's biggest asset.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2013 - 18:51

Aye it was great to see Ambrose get the majority of the ring time too.......on another note I hate what they're doing to Cesaro but as Dusty said on twitter hopefully its a deliberate move before he wins MiTB.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2013 - 20:11

It's got to be either MITB or waiting for Kassius Ohno to get called up and revive him and Cesaro's tag-team. If that's the case it'll hopefully lead to tag belts for them and bigger and better things for Daniel Bryan.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2013 - 23:06

Apologies for the double post, but holy shit, there's some amazing Smackdown spoilers going about today.

No results spoiled, but matchups definitely will be if you click this.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2013 - 20:51

Have a swatch at these WWF/E promo shots. Some of the captions are immense.

http://withleather.uproxx.com/2013/04/51-random-amazing-wwe-promo-photos?showall=true
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2013 - 21:36

I'd completely forgotten about Road Dogg's country gimmick. And John Cena's picture was just TERRIFYING.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2013 - 23:32

JayMoyles wrote:
It's got to be either MITB or waiting for Kassius Ohno to get called up and revive him and Cesaro's tag-team. If that's the case it'll hopefully lead to tag belts for them and bigger and better things for Daniel Bryan.

Tbh I think they'd be wasted in the tag team division (if ye can call it that) a better use of them would be to have them face each other.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 27 Apr 2013 - 20:20

Double post Razz

How good was Ambrose vs Taker? That was also the best overall smackdown in a while.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 27 Apr 2013 - 21:22

Ambrose and Taker was phenomenal. Very pleased to see they're pushing Ambrose as the singles competitor, and judging by Rollins's comments that Team Hell No won't be the tag champs for long, I'm figuring Rollins and Reigns will be pushed as the tag team which I'm all for as well. One big guy and one high-flyer, perfect tag team. The Shield are one of the best things, perhaps even the single best thing, in WWE right now.

Also, there's been a lot of hubbub on WWE.com about a brand draft coming back. Whether this is just because they've been forced into having a brand draft essentially for the Euro tour remains to be seen. Could be Smackdown becoming must-see telly once more though.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 4:59

Oh I don't know if it'd be Rollins & Reigns as the tag team, especially after the last six man tag match where the frequent tags & double team moves were from Ambrose & Rollins they also do it with such pace and ferocity I've noticed the camera cuts struggle to keep up. Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 14:46

The camera work when the Shield are on screen can be pretty appalling, especially when they do that zoom-in-zoom-out thing.

I just want Ambrose in singles action to be honest, I want him to be the breakout star from the Shield.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 15:00

JayMoyles wrote:
Also, there's been a lot of hubbub on WWE.com about a brand draft coming back. Whether this is just because they've been forced into having a brand draft essentially for the Euro tour remains to be seen. Could be Smackdown becoming must-see telly once more though.

Drafts are long dead. Brands are dead. Everyone is on both shows now.

Just heard that John Cena injured his achilles tendon while on the European tour. With CM Punk already out indefinitely, this could be a huge blow for WWE.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 16:10

JayMoyles wrote:
The camera work when the Shield are on screen can be pretty appalling, especially when they do that zoom-in-zoom-out thing.

I just want Ambrose in singles action to be honest, I want him to be the breakout star from the Shield.

Oh I'd love that too I just think they'll make him a multi tag team champ before doing so, not to mention WWE always push the big guy into singles action first & Reigns is actually a good singles competitior even though he's reigned (ahem!) in his more flashy moves.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 20:05

Dusty Knackers wrote:
Just heard that John Cena injured his achilles tendon while on the European tour. With CM Punk already out indefinitely, this could be a huge blow for WWE.

If he's out long-term, they're in real trouble. I reckon they'll put the strap on Ryback and give him a good run with it. Pull Orton or Sheamus from this mess they've got going on with Show and Henry and have them feud for a while, have him feud with The Shield, or Daniel Bryan and Kane, or even build up some new stars for a title push. If Punk's back before Cena, he can take the strap off Ryback and wait for Cena to return to feud with him, or vice versa.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed 1 May 2013 - 21:56

D-D-Double post.

What did everyone think of Raw on Monday then? Do you reckon Cena will take time out after seeing him on Monday? I thought it was a good Raw overall - the opening match was entertaining, and I really got into Orton/Rhodes, and the 6 man tag main event.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 May 2013 - 13:22

JayMoyles wrote:
strap on Ryback

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 9 2hyvxo8
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri 3 May 2013 - 0:35

The Orton/Rhodes match made me hopeful that Rhodes will be used properly soon, recently his matches have been filler but that was a good sign, he was close to winning money in the bank a number of times so this might be his year.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri 3 May 2013 - 15:32

John Cena's injury isn't as bad as first thought apparently. It's a severely bruised heel, and not an achilles tear as first thought. I'd say the belt has to go to Ryback at Extreme Rules, that's the only way to make his heel turn mean something.

Thought Raw this week was decent. I liked the format of having one stand-out match in each hour (hour one - Randy Orton VS Cody Rhodes, hour two - Kofi Kingston VS Dolph Ziggler, hour three - Alberto Del Rio VS Antonio Cesaro) with some shorter matches spread over the rest of the show. Couldn't care less about tug of wars, and dance-offs (people were actually angry that Fandango lost that Laughing) but I don't mind the novelty stuff being in there. Hope they keep to a similar format from now on. It's taking them a while to suss out how to use these three hours on Mondays, but I think they're finally starting to get it (even though I still believe WWE have too many TV shows, and the product hurts because if it)

Kofi Kingston VS Antonio Cesaro is a match that's apparently worth taking a look at from this week's Main Event, have to remind myself to do that. Cesaro apparently had a belting match with Sami Zayn (formerly El Generico) at last night's NXT TV tapings too, one to look out for in a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 5 May 2013 - 0:44

Dusty Knackers wrote:
Couldn't care less about tug of wars, and dance-offs (people were actually angry that Fandango lost that Laughing)
The crowd quite clearly voted for him over Khali though but I get that's not the intention with the bit though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 5 May 2013 - 16:00

Dusty Knackers wrote:
Kofi Kingston VS Antonio Cesaro is a match that's apparently worth taking a look at from this week's Main Event, have to remind myself to do that.

It was a fantastic match - the best Kofi's had in years. Highly recommended. Similarly, Bray Wyatt's bout with Jericho from this week's NXT is also worth a watch.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue 7 May 2013 - 15:18

Even though I fear Damien Sandow is turning in to a walking meme, this (enhanced) song made me chuckle...

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri 10 May 2013 - 16:13

I enjoy Sandow's comedy. Brilliant comedic timing and his gimmick is brilliant.

Speaking of funny wrestling related things... https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8GRt7irbtgA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next