Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread

Go down 
+17
JayMoyles
rlsniper789
ShadoWolf
AGuy
Snake14691
Slazo
masofdas
Treesmurf
Tokyo_Sonata
Solve My Maze
ScottGamer17
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Kyranitar
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Dusty Knackers
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptySat 11 May 2013 - 10:23

Love these things, so, how many double champions can you name in 7 minutes? http://m.sporcle.com/games/Zohar/doublechamp

My score: 12/28 (I missed some real obvious ones)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptySat 11 May 2013 - 16:25

I managed 22/28, due to not watching between 2003-recently, there were a few names there that I didn't get through guessing.

This one is tough. I managed 12.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptySun 12 May 2013 - 10:17

Kenta Kobashi retired yesterday. Legend. Before injuries left him with a repertoire as predictable as Ric Flair's, I'd have said he was perhaps the greatest heavyweight wrestler of my lifetime.

I could link you to dozens of classic matches from Japan, but here's his match with Samoa Joe in 2005 - his last visit west. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3KYsHPDmzU

EDIT: I just tried Jay's unsuccessful challengers quiz. Bit too easy for me seeing as it gives you a list of the events that those matches took place, but I still only got 30/39. The later Elimination Chamber matches humped me (though I'm disappointed that I forgot the Royal Rumble 2007 answer, seeing as that's one of my favourite title matches)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptySun 12 May 2013 - 12:51

Thanks for that - brilliant match with a great crowd. I've never watched any of Kobashi's stuff before.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 13 May 2013 - 16:16

26/28 on Jaster's Very Happy

18/39 on Jay's. Sad

Hall of Famers? Give it a whirl, I got 51/92 http://www.sporcle.com/games/g/wwehofinductees
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 13 May 2013 - 17:03

Jesus, 29. Aww!

Did a bit better on this one, 43/60.

In actual wrestling news, what do you guys think about Ziggler's concussion? Reckon he'll make Extreme Rules?

Also, on another hilarious note, JTG has been employed for six years now. Boggles the mind.

Last edited by JayMoyles on Mon 13 May 2013 - 17:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : chea dat money money)
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 14 May 2013 - 15:17

58/60 for me there, only
Spoiler:
stumped me.

I don't get the flack that JTG comes in for. He's got a cliched character, but he's an okayish performer, rather see him compete than say... Zack Ryder *raises shield*
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 14 May 2013 - 17:29

Put Seth Rollins down Dusty, I agree. Ryder is a moany wank with an awful gimmick.

Raw was pretty bad last night. A kayfabe injured Cena almost beating The Shield single-handedly clean was stupid. At least they're going to come out of Extreme Rules with plenty of titles.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 14 May 2013 - 21:31

It could've been worse though, only one was pinned cleanly & the others DQ'd and as soon as I seen their ppv title matches confirmed I knew they'd "lose" because of the whole opposite momentum thing.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 16:22

Hopefully WWE will be giving things a bit of a shake tonight, we've been suffering really badly from a WrestleMania hangover. I'm thinking it will be a night for the heels, wins for The Shield, Brock Lesnar and (in particular) Ryback all have to come later. Ryback will be a lame duck if he doesn't win the WWE Championship, there is nowhere else to go with him if he doesn't win the belt tonight.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 17:28

Yep - all those heels you mentioned will look bad if beaten. The Shield with belts ascend to a new level, Brock needs a win if he is indeed staying on and Ryback needs a win for the reasons you mentioned.

However, I can see some faces coming out on top too, namely Sheamus, Orton and Jericho. Plus, if Ryback does win, I can't seem holding the belt for longer than a month. Cena and Punk will be feuding soon, or perhaps Cena and Lesnar.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 20 May 2013 - 17:42

Thoughts on Extreme Rules chaps?

I thought The Shield's ascent to title glory was cracking. Jericho/Fandango was pretty average. Sheamus/Henry was alright. Orton/Show was better than it had any right to be. Del Rio/Swagger has killed heel wrestling if WWE sticks to this instant replay idea. The two main events, pretty good. PPV would get a solid 7.5/10 from me.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 20 May 2013 - 20:11

Aye it was alright, the pacing was just all wrong for me & ending with brock/HHH was odd, but that was due to the no contest between cena & ryback and also no Ziggler.

....but aye enjoyable ppv even more so with a few beers.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 May 2013 - 3:16

Good article on a proposed card for Payback in June.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 28 May 2013 - 4:34

They're coming...

Last edited by JayMoyles on Tue 28 May 2013 - 12:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 28 May 2013 - 9:38

I don't think I've ever caught more than ten minutes of NXT, but I'm assuming something drastic must have changed for people to get such a rager at the prospect of TAFKA Husky Harris? When he was on RAW in his last run, I couldn't help but think that there was no chance in hell that he'd have a job in WWE if it weren't for his Dad.

p.s. A quick search on Wikipedia to check my facts has shown me that Bo Dallas is Bray Wyatt's brother and, more importantly, I.R.S.'s son. Dallas might be the blandest wrestler I've ever seen on WWE television. Yeah, same situation, nepotism prevails.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 28 May 2013 - 12:12

So you don't find his new character intriguing or captivating at all? I think he has that X factor like no one else has had in wwe for years, I think he can be really big if they handle it right but maybe it's just the fact (like I said before) you missed his initial NXT reveal?

Anyhow, with that said I actually wouldn't mind if they run these kind of promos for a few more weeks to build up more interest much like they did on NXT.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 28 May 2013 - 12:43

The guy's great on the mic and has a real energy in ring. I think he'll do great, and with a stable to back him he'll really make waves on the main roster.

But yeah, Bo Dallas... bland as hell. Glad the better Rotunda is hitting the main roster this time.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 28 May 2013 - 15:07

Thought this before, but I want a DNA test done in the Rotunda family, there is no way that IRS, Bray Wyatt and Bo Dallas are all related - three completely different looking people with no family resemblance whatsoever!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 28 May 2013 - 18:50

I can see it between Wyatt and Dallas. Wyatt just looks like Dallas if you stretched him out, removed the rattiness and added a bit of beef to him.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 28 May 2013 - 19:07

The_Jaster wrote:
So you don't find his new character intriguing or captivating at all? I think he has that X factor like no one else has had in wwe for years, I think he can be really big if they handle it right but maybe it's just the fact (like I said before) you missed his initial NXT reveal?

Beyond that RAW promo and some random NXT match he had with Bo Dallas a few months ago, I've seen nothing of the Bray Wyatt character. I was basing my opinion of him on his first RAW run with the Nexus. I thought he had a crap look, worse tattoos and was rubbish to watch in the ring.

I know a lot of folk are raving about him, but I didn't see any promise in either his RAW run as Husky Harris or that really poor NXT match with Bo Dallas.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyWed 29 May 2013 - 2:05

JayMoyles wrote:
I can see it between Wyatt and Dallas. Wyatt just looks like Dallas if you stretched him out, removed the rattiness and added a bit of beef to him.

Wyatt looks more like his Granddad BlackJack Mulligan

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 10 405466_513026468714223_2066693077_n

& I can see the similarity between Bo & IRS

@Phillips
To be fair that secondary nexus run was all poor along with the likes of Mcgillicutty (Axel) & Mason "vote for me" Ryan.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyWed 5 Jun 2013 - 19:00

So Daniel Bryan is in shit-hot form then.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyWed 5 Jun 2013 - 19:49

He feels like the top guy at the moment, even though in WWE's eyes he's not. The reaction he gets week in and week out dwarfs anything Cena's received in ages.

Hope they can work in a good singles feud for him.

Actual spoilers below.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyThu 6 Jun 2013 - 7:46

I think they'll innevitably start him off with one vs Kane & given how they worked together as a team I think it'll be cracking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next