Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

Go down 
+21
beemoh
Cube
Xelviar
Axis1500
NintenDUCK
masofdas
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Sentinator
Admin
nupkin
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
shanks
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
Dusty Knackers
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 13 EmptySun 9 Feb 2014 - 17:18

Stu_the_great wrote:
Double post!

I beat Bowser last night, and I thought it was the shittest showdown in the history of the series. Dress Bowser up to look like a bad face paint rendition of a cat, scale a building and smack a POW block, what, two times? Genius.  Rolling Eyes

I loved that fight. The way he used all Mario's power ups against him... genius!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 13 EmptySun 9 Feb 2014 - 17:35

Buskalilly wrote:
Stu_the_great wrote:
Double post!

I beat Bowser last night, and I thought it was the shittest showdown in the history of the series. Dress Bowser up to look like a bad face paint rendition of a cat, scale a building and smack a POW block, what, two times? Genius.  Rolling Eyes

I loved that fight. The way he used all Mario's power ups against him... genius!

I guess I really am all alone on this one.  Whistle 
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 13 EmptySun 9 Feb 2014 - 17:43

That being said, both the galaxies were better.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 13 EmptyMon 10 Feb 2014 - 2:26

I really should get on and finish this at least before DK comes out
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 13 EmptySat 15 Feb 2014 - 19:38

Out of curiosity, I thought I'd go back to my list of wants from the beginning of the thread, and see how many of them actually made it into SM3DW.

• SM64-style levels. By which I meant multiple routes to explore, and multiple stars to get. Incredibly, SM3DW did this worse than any other Mario game - not only did a timer curtail exploration possibilities, there weren't even any secret goals! Nope.
  • Something new for Mario.  If multiplayer wasn't a point I'd made elsewhere on the list, I'd have to give this one for that, even if it wasn't what I had in mind. As it was, nope.
  • Sensible power-up choices.  No flying, no fast movement. The cat power-up was fun but nothing on the Wing Cap/Ice Flower, and the Double Cherry was horribly underused. Nope.
  • Yoshi implemented well.  Yoshi? Who's he? Nope.
  • Good hub.  Hahahahaha. Nope.
  • A new antagonist.  Obviously not the case from the first cut-scene onwards. Nope.
  • Great bosses.  A load of steaming dung, featuring multiple Boom Boom battles. Nope.
  • Galaxy 1-level soundtrack.  Robbing, then mutilating Gusty Garden does not a great soundtrack make. Worse than SMG2, although better than the NSMBs. Nope.
  • Galaxy 2-level postgame.  I'll give it this one. It may not have had the Green Star Hunt, but it did re-jig a lot of the old levels in interesting ways, and had a final level that made Grandmaster Galaxy look pathetically simple. Yep.
  • Multiplayer.  Oh sweet God yes. Although I did say, "Absolutely don't sacrifice the single player for this"... Anyway, a big yep.

2/10 overall. Sad, but with the game going so far back to basics, not surprising. Hopefully we'll get another "proper" 3D Mario before the Wii U's time is up, that will answer more of these. Although next time, multiplayer is staying far away from my "most wanted" list, for fear that Nintendo will sacrifice the single-player again.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 13 EmptySat 15 Feb 2014 - 19:47

I found it to be a top single player experience. If anything, it felt like the multiplayer was the side that got short changed.
EDIT: played a bit more of this tonight, only to discover I wasn't as close to the end as I thought. Yay! More Mario!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 13 EmptySun 16 Feb 2014 - 2:16

As much as I liked Super Mario 3D World, I must admit I want Nintendo to surprise me again with the next 3D Mario.

There's always been two 3D Mario games within the same series, 64/Sunshine being the open exploration type, Galaxy1/2 trading off the open bit for new ideas that could only work by upping the number of levels, and 3D Land/World being 2D Mario in a 3D World.

What next? I don't want Nintendo to give me what I want. Nintendo are best when they make games I didn't even know we wanted. A Link Between Worlds is the latest example of this.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 13 EmptySun 16 Feb 2014 - 10:08

Buskalilly wrote:
I found it to be a top single player experience. If anything, it felt like the multiplayer was the side that got short changed.

It was the more-or-less fixed camera what done it. Would that have been necessary without the multiplayer mode? I really don't think so, and the levels would have benefited from it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 13 EmptySun 16 Feb 2014 - 11:49

I think the fixed camera was also part of their whole 3D Land "anyone can play!" thing. Agreeing with Fronky, though, I'm hoping for something completely out there from Nintendo next time.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 13 EmptySun 16 Feb 2014 - 12:06

I was thinking, "but what else can they possibly do?" before realising that that's exactly the point. Embarrassed 
Back to top Go down
Zaphod_B
Wonderful
Zaphod_B

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 13 EmptyMon 17 Feb 2014 - 11:10

Stu_the_great wrote:
Buskalilly wrote:
Stu_the_great wrote:
Double post!

I guess I really am all alone on this one.  Whistle 

I "finished" (beat Bowser) last night, and I have to say, you aren't entirely alone. I loved the idea of Bowser using Mario's power-ups, but the implementation left me cold. Felt like I was forever waiting for the stupid fixed scrolling camera to keep up or turn the corner so I could see what I was doing, and the POW block hammering ending was a let down for me.

I have enjoyed the game though, at least after the first 3 worlds were done. It hasn't grabbed me ala Galaxy(and 2) or 64, but I enjoyed the tight platforming and most of the neat ideas that crop up that the later areas had. Just didn't feel as cohesive, and that lead to the levels, while great to bound through, feeling a tad soulless, for me at least!

I am looking forward to the post-game, mind! Extra special world(s) funtimes ahoy!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 13 EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014 - 21:56

Just got to the actual final level.

FUUUUUUUUU
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 13 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2021 - 23:17

This thread is well worth rereading by the way. Also, bump time:

New characters, new power-ups and - squeal! - new levels means that I'm 100% double-dipping for this. I was 100% anyway to be fair, as it's a first-class Wii U game that I'll undoubtedly enjoy all over again.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 13 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2021 - 6:41

I'm in the exact same boat; I was looking forward to this as another Mario game for the playthrough I'm doing anyway, but now I'm looking forward to actual new, exciting content.

I'm also interested to give the thread another read. I'm amused that the top of this page features discussion about whether the game lacked good Bowser content, and now we have this . . .
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 13 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2021 - 14:21

I'll whack this over to the Switch forum - yet another Wii U thread to make the jump. Laughing

When the Mario 35 announcements came about, this was the game I was most interested in as it would be entirely new to me. The new content looks mental - Kaiju Bowser? - but it's the fact I've got an entire game to enjoy that's really sealing the deal for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 13 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2021 - 14:55

Blimey I was enthusiastic about this. I remember this being a strong outing, even if it fell short of topping other games in the series. It's like Nintendo in second or third gear, but they still manage to top all their rivals and pretenders. Definitely coming back for a second bite of this, the extra content is the cherry on the cake.

Update: it has 4 player online co-op! Ace!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 13 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2021 - 16:36

There's a new seven minute long trailer that shows you more of both Super Mario 3D World and Bowser's Fury:

I never had the chance to play this in multiplayer. I'm practically begging three of you to play this with me next month!
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 13 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2021 - 17:05

I may have misinterpreted whats on offer with online co-op. Seems to be four players playing across two consoles. Meh
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 13 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2021 - 21:19

Nah, it definitely says "play with up to four people by connecting with your friends online" & then that two players can play locally on one system.

The only question I have is can you just go straight on to playing Bowser's fury? As while 3D World was fun enough I don't think I'm up for replaying it.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 13 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2021 - 22:12

I hope you're right.

As for playing BF first, surely you can jump straight in to that.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 13 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2021 - 22:44

I got the impression that Bowser's Fury is a pretty standalone thing and that you'd be able to jump straight into it, but I don't think they've confirmed that anywhere yet.

I'm tempted to get this because even though I have it on Wii U, I might try and get my partner to play some co-op with me, and Bowser's Fury looks pretty fun! Plus online co-op might be a laugh.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 13 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2021 - 5:30

Online co-op with GNamerites sounds like a must!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 13 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2021 - 7:45

And that's me in now that you can go right into the Bowsers fury content. Thumbs Up!

https://gonintendo.com/stories/375320-super-mario-3d-world-bowser-s-fury-lets-you-choose-bowser-s-fur
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 13 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2021 - 8:50

For what it's worth I'm pretty sure playing 3D World Co-op left me pretty cold on the game. I'm actually looking forward to this so I can play it single player Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 13 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2021 - 15:52

Oh, I'll be absolutely rinsing it in singleplayer boy. But I might do some co-op shenanigans after the fact.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
Page 13 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next