Where we remember the Battle of the Alarmo

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We're half way there, woah

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

We're half way there, woah Empty
PostSubject: We're half way there, woah   We're half way there, woah EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013 - 9:24

With Admintendo (disappointed I’m busy) coming up very soon, it got me thinking were halfway through the year and have had some great games released in these 6 month’s with some Game of the Year candidates.  I don’t know if there is a GOTY award on here, I know the old site did do end year awards for things.

So what have been your favorites, is there anything else you are still looking forward to that could be worthy of GOTY, all I can think of is GTAV might be, even if it’s not my cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: We're half way there, woah   We're half way there, woah EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013 - 9:31

Me personally my top 5 games so far are,

Fire Emblem Awakening
Bioshock Infinite
Ni No Kuni
Tomb Raider
Last of Us

I can think off a few others like batman origins, pokemon x&y, beyond could sneak into my top 5 (which will be come a top 10).

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 19 Jun 2013 - 9:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: We're half way there, woah   We're half way there, woah EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013 - 9:33

Well there's Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3 for Nintendo systems.  And for non-Nintendo systems we have games like Disgaea D2 coming out later this year, along with the typical annual blockbuster titles.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: We're half way there, woah   We're half way there, woah EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013 - 10:53

I imagine we'll have an end of year awards, and I would enjoy a Game of the Year category in those.  Personally my current qualifiers are Luigi's Mansion 2 and Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: We're half way there, woah   We're half way there, woah EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013 - 15:04

It's hard to say until I've played most the games, but on 3DS I'm dead certain the big first party games released so far -- Luigi's Mansion 2, Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing -- will remain strong contenders for me at the year's end. Especially Luigi's Mansion 2.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: We're half way there, woah   We're half way there, woah EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013 - 11:52

It's coming up nearly 9months, only game that I've played that could make my top 10 since this was created is Pikmin 3.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: We're half way there, woah   We're half way there, woah EmptyThu 5 Jun 2014 - 9:49

Bringing this back, so last year my GOTY was in the first half Bioshock Infinite, we did get some good games in Q3 & Q4 but nothing to to top that.

On this year, so far I've played these to the end

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Titanfall
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Infamous Second Son
Child of Light
Transistor

And a lot of Mario Kart 8.

Out of that lot and almost at the half way point, I'm thinking that Child of Light is my GOTY with Mario Kart 8 in 2nd, 3rd is going to go to Danganronpa.

Of course we've got 6 months more gaming with Destiny, Dragon Age III, Sunset Overdrive, Danganronpa 2, Smash U,
Bayonetta 2, X if you trust Nintendo Financial Report. All Possible contenders and there could be a surprise from E3 or something turns better then I though it would.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We're half way there, woah   We're half way there, woah Empty

Back to top Go down

We're half way there, woah
Page 1 of 1