Where we remember the Battle of the Alarmo

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse"

Go down 
+3
Jimbob
ZeroJones
beemoh
7 posters
AuthorMessage
beemoh
Koopaling

Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse" Empty
PostSubject: Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse"   Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse" EmptyWed 4 Sep 2013 - 21:13

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/04/shantae-half-genie-hero-announced-for-wii-u-360-ps3-and-next-gen-consoles/

So this is the Kickstarter we got all annoyed about in t'other thread: Half-Genie Hero is coming to all the platforms and is the subject of the Kickstarter, while and the Pirate's Curse is coming to 3DS in a less crowdfundy way.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse"   Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse" EmptyThu 5 Sep 2013 - 9:21

The game(s) will hopefully be good and I will no doubt buy them, but it still makes me slightly uncomfortable that WayForward have chosen to go down this route. Meh
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse"   Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse" EmptyThu 5 Sep 2013 - 23:10

Oh Wayforward! You and your cartoon boobs are so crazy!

Srs, this is a game series I think I like and am glad is continuing to thrive, despite having never played either of the original ones.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse"   Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse" EmptySun 15 Sep 2013 - 1:16

From gameplay footage alone, Pirate's Curse looks a *lot* more interesting than Half Genie Hero.

Also looks better (subjective, this), I've always preferred Wayforward's Pixel Art to their cel animated sprites, and Half Genie Hero seems to be using Ducktales' engine, not a fan of the 3D backgrounds.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse"   Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse" EmptySun 25 Jan 2015 - 8:18

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is coming out in the EU on February 5th. Anyone up for it?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse"   Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse" EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 10:38

ZeroJones wrote:
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is coming out in the EU on February 5th. Anyone up for it?

I wonder if it'll be as easy to get lost in this game? I wasn't expecting that in the DS outing.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse"   Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse" EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 13:31

Stu_the_great wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:

I wonder if it'll be as easy to get lost in this game? I wasn't expecting that in the DS outing.

That was ridiculous, having that area so early on. Very off-putting. Thumbs Down...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse"   Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse" EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 10:35

Why is this in news
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse"   Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse" EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 10:58

The original post contained a link to a news story. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse"   Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse" EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 11:03

Still doesn't make much sense as we've posted how much news posts in Xenoblade Chronicles X thread for instance.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse"   Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse" EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 15:50

The XCX thread is about one game, though: this thread is about two games coming out on a myriad of platforms, meaning a specific console forum would not be suitable. In addition, there was a difference in how the two were funded: that's news, in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse"   Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse" EmptyFri 13 Feb 2015 - 10:39

Yeah I guess it's just when the games are out well one is, surely we want to talk about the game not news. So general gaming would be better suited as the game is on more then one platform.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse"   Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse" EmptyThu 11 Jun 2015 - 12:11

We've got a new trailer for Half-Genie Hero. With that in mind, is it time for that game to get its own thread?

I'm a tad ambivalent about it, to be frank. Looks nice enough, and not being in 3D means we won't get 3D inyerface boobs, but I'm all Shantaed out from SatPC and this one doesn't look very different.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse"   Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse" EmptyThu 11 Jun 2015 - 18:28

Oh, boy. *strokes chin once* It looks like an expansion pack of Duck Tales Remastered with a lick of Shantae paint. Cautious waiting for review scores... ACTIVATE!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse"   Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse" Empty

Back to top Go down

Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "and the Pirate's Curse"
Page 1 of 1