Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Vita thread

Go down 
+9
The_Jaster
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Xelviar
shanks
fronkhead
Admin
Silver light
Fancy Fancy
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Vita thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 5 Sep 2013 - 17:55

Just been looking at reviews for killzone which is out tomorrow, seems good but a few bring up about how close it is to a FPS on a console and seem to think that's a good thing. To me that's bad thing as if i want to play a full on FPS that's of console quality I want to play it on a console not on a handheld. That's VITA's problem it's a minny console, i want to play console games on my 47inch TV not on VITA's screen, I know it has great indie games but that's not a system seller.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Sep 2013 - 12:42

So what do you all make of that announced vita TV? Personally it won't make me budge with my stance on vita in fact each thing they announce for pushes me further away from a purchase.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Sep 2013 - 16:00

Just watched Sony's showing, I thought what was shown for the VITA was good. I kinda like the VITA TV as lot of games I want to play on a VITA are console quality and I soon play on a big screen and online at home then on the go. but thing I wouldn't use that VITA TV can do is the PS4 stuff as I only play in my room and sooner have the 2nd screen off a VITA for some games. So I'm just hoping the slim comes out here drives the price of the current model down under £99 used then I will buy for the PS4 conjunction and odd VITA game.
Back to top Go down
Rattlecat
Boo This Man .Gif
Rattlecat

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Nov 2013 - 14:50

Is anyone here addicted to Treasures of Montezuma Blitz ? It's my most played on Vita, not bad for a freebie.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Nov 2013 - 18:50

Can't say I've tried that, is it just your standard Bejeweled affair?
Back to top Go down
Rattlecat
Boo This Man .Gif
Rattlecat

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Nov 2013 - 13:10

Yes it's that style of game but i would say it's better although the last bejeweled i played was bejeweled 2.

Be careful not to waste your free allocation of crystals on leveling up your bonus powers because you need to crystals to activate them each time you play. You can play without bonus powers but that is pretty unproductive. Once you run out of crystals you can buy them from the store but you don't want to do that as they disappear quickly and it will seem a waste of money. However, each day you get a scratchcard and can win crystals to play with. You also get more crystals once you level up which is pretty easy if you get good at it.

Give it a try.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Nov 2013 - 21:14

I think I will, may need to free up some space for it first mind.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Nov 2013 - 1:34

As a free-to-play game, I'd be worried if it becomes a 'money game', where the balance is stacked against you in hope of you shelling out for some in-game purchase. I know nothing about this, though, other than it being a match-three puzzler.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Nov 2013 - 12:17

I'm playing Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back for the first time. I'd forgotten how freakin' wonderful the Vita is for PSOne emulation! These games look brand new on that screen, which is no small feat for a 32Bit game.

Also worth noting: the EU version of Crash 2 works perfectly. There's a glitch in the NTSC version of the PSN code that prevents the analogue controls from working, which I feel would significantly detract from the experience.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Nov 2013 - 13:16

I was enjoying Crash 2 when I started it but I've just not gone back to it for no real reason. I really should fire it up again soon, maybe when I'm done with Layton.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Nov 2013 - 15:32

It's one of those games I obviously don't have nostalgia for, but it makes me pine for a simpler time in gaming. They don't make games like this nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Nov 2013 - 15:45

They don't make enough 3D platformers at all these days! 2D ones are nice enough but aside from Mario the genre is sorely lacking...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Nov 2013 - 18:52

Does the VITA have Crash 3, that's the one to get.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Nov 2013 - 18:55

Crash Bandicoot is quite an odd series, really. The games have a very 2D design ethos when you think about it, as you're forced along a strictly linear path whether in 2D or 3D mode. They feel a bit like precursors to Super Mario 3D Land.
Back to top Go down
Rattlecat
Boo This Man .Gif
Rattlecat

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Nov 2013 - 18:29

fronkhead wrote:
As a free-to-play game, I'd be worried if it becomes a 'money game', where the balance is stacked against you in hope of you shelling out for some in-game purchase. I know nothing about this, though, other than it being a match-three puzzler.
The temptation is definitely there but like i said, it isn't worth it as your crystals disappear fast. You can get lucky on the scratchcard though. I won 100k crystals and will be set for life as long as i only play a few games a day Grin .
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 19:46

masofdas wrote:
Does the VITA have Crash 3, that's the one to get.
It does have Crash 3. I can't wait to play it and Crash Team Racing; I've never heard a bad word against CTR.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Nov 2013 - 10:28

So Tearaway has been getting great scores, but I just can't see this helping VITA sells. Especially as it's out same day as the Xbox One and Zelda on the 3DS.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2013 - 21:51

For £19, I truly couldn't resist this. Had the reviews not been so great, I probably wouldn't have bothered.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Nov 2013 - 10:20

I'm very tempted to pick up a VITA tonight with my PS4 if there's some deals like on GAME's website.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 29 Nov 2013 - 1:27

Hopefully there are some deals. Otherwise I hear HMV are doing Vitas for £99, so you could just pick one up and save £50.

I'd personally wait for the Vita-2000, though, it looks like an upgrade in every way really. And it seems like GAME are out of brand new Vita stock, so maybe Sony plans to bring the newer model here.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 29 Nov 2013 - 8:00

fronkhead wrote:
Otherwise I hear HMV are doing Vitas for £99, so you could just pick one up and save £50.
They are, but you'll have to be swift.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 29 Nov 2013 - 20:43

Game have VITA's on offer £129 for 3G model. Didn't go for one.
Back to top Go down
Fancy Fancy
FMK Tagline
Fancy Fancy

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Nov 2013 - 11:36

Everyone grabbed the freebies Passing Time & Rymdkapsel?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Nov 2013 - 14:52

I'm still on the fence about getting one but I think I might get one of these after Christmas instead of a xbox one and wait till titanfall is out for the xbone.

But I have this feeling we will get a Final Fantasy X & X-2 HD special edition console which be in march, so do I wait and see if we do.

FFX & X-2 HD is one of the main reasons I want a VITA as I never played them on PS2, I hear there good and know longer owning a PS3 makes sense to get HD versions on a VITA or a second hand PS2 with the games on PS2 but I will never play them if I did.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Nov 2013 - 14:58

I'm not so sure that we'll even be getting Final Fantasy X on Vita. Square Enix made no mention of the Vita version of the game in their latest press release for it. At the most I could see it getting a digital release here, but it's clear Vita's become extremely niche in the west. Perhaps the Vita version will follow the PS3 version like with what happened with Project Diva F.

Do think NIS America will give us boxed versions of Ys IV and Danganronpa (both of which I shall be buying) next year, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Vita thread   The Vita thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Vita thread
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next