Where we remember the Battle of the Alarmo

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949

Go down 
+15
Jimbob
fronkhead
The Cappuccino Kid
shanks
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Vidofnir
Athrun888
Cube
ZeroJones
Balladeer
masofdas
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Should there be a vote for both retail and overall 3DS game or just retail?
Just a retail top 10
The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 Vote_lcap36%The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 Vote_rcap
 36% [ 4 ]
Both retail and an overall top 10
The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 Vote_lcap18%The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Retail top 5 and an overall top 10
The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 Vote_lcap45%The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 Vote_rcap
 45% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 1:30

That's a solid top ten with a lot of variety as well, might rebuy fire emblem sometime but I just didnt care for the characters which is a big part of that series.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 1:44

I really couldn't recommend FE more highly, as a fan of Ghost Recon I think you could enjoy it without the easily skippable story conversations.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 7:59

fronkhead wrote:

I'm really hoping you're trolling. To the contrary I personally didn't get on with Kid Icarus (not my kind of thing) but recognise it's a great game, I have no trouble with it being in the top 10.

It's mainly on the list because I really haven't played many bad games, so the fifth spot went to one that I really couldn't get into, even though I like the genre.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 8:01

That's a top three I can agree with! A Link Between Worlds is almost the perfect handheld adventure, and Animal Crossing is super-addictive. That Super Mario 3D Land made it in the top three surprises me but it deserves its spot: so much good stuff going on.

Can't wait for the hate!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 8:07

Travesty averted, by five points! Grin 

That said, I preferred the retail vote. While it's nice to see MK7 in the top eleven, and ACNL and X/Y both sneaked into my top ten, seeing SM3DL overtaking three much better (in my opinion) titles since the retail vote to sit cockily in third place is not nice. I presume it got a lot of lower-place points, to push it up the rankings since retail, but I didn't think it even deserved them. LM2 had better gameplay, KIU had more imagination, and OoT was just better altogether.

That said, it wasn't among my five worst on the console. Looking forward to those results. Twisted Evil Oh, and what's happened to the Specul-o-tron category?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 11:10

Yeah what's happened to Specul-o-tron category, really wanted to know what that game Jas want's to see.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 11:55

I kind of said about the Specul-o-tron yesterday. It'll be going up either today or tomorrow with the other comments (most likely tomorrow).

I'll type up worst game now.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 12:39

The OMG What Did I Just Play? Award for the Worst Game on 3DS

Fifth:

Fourth:

Third:

Second:

First:

Last edited by andyman949 on Mon 14 Apr 2014 - 12:46; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because I'm STILL a moron.)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 12:44

PMSS was so bad that it transcended the concept of points! Yep, deserved its shaming, as did NSMB2. Truly some of the worst and most disappointing games on the 3DS (that everyone played).
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 12:47

Shall we try that again...  Embarrassed 
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 12:48

As expected, it's the GNamer Forum taking a huff with what are two very, very adequate games. Disappointing that Sticker Star has been called the worst game on the 3DS. Is it really? A bit of perspective and sensibility folks!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 14:39

I don't tend to buy most games I think will be rubbish, so most of the games I own are pretty good!  So adequate (which I'd say is a tad too high for both of those Mario offerings) doesn't cut it regarding my collection.  More accurate to say that it's "one of the worst games everyone has played".
Back to top Go down
Cube

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 15:20

My worst 5 (that I've played) were

5. Super Mario 3D World
4. Pilotwings Resort
3. Steel Diver: Sub Wars
2. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D
1. Horrid Henry The Good The Bad & The Bugly

Paper Mario: Sticker Star actually made my top 10.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 15:20

Cube wrote:
1. Horrid Henry The Good The Bad & The Bugly

Laughing I have to ask: how and why did you acquire this?
Back to top Go down
Cube

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 15:27

Balladeer wrote:
 Laughing I have to ask: how and why did you acquire this?

From the publisher, to review. I know I gave it a 3/10, but I can't seem to locate the review.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 16:02

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
As expected, it's the GNamer Forum taking a huff with what are two very, very adequate games. Disappointing that Sticker Star has been called the worst game on the 3DS. Is it really? A bit of perspective and sensibility folks!

Neither are by any means bad, but Balla's point is a valid one, unfortunately. I love NSMB2 and keep championing it on the back of the brilliant Coin Rush mode (I voted it second best 3DS innovation). It forces you to change the way that you normally play Mario games, which I enjoyed immensely.

Sticker Star I liked less. It's a victim of its heritage: the first two Paper Mario games were fab but SPM and PM:SS tried things (which I normally love - see my comment on the Pokémon friends in X/Y for evidence!) that took away from the core and successful ideas in their predecessors. If it had been built around Mallo, say, and called 'Stickblox' (open to better suggestions), we'd not have voted it the worst 3DS game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 16:56

andyman949 wrote:
I really couldn't recommend FE more highly, as a fan of Ghost Recon I think you could enjoy it without the easily skippable story conversations.

Hmm....but then what would I be fighting for? I'll probably pick it up if I see it really cheap but I guess that won't be for a while.

---

Oh not liking that Ghost recon is in the worst list at all in fact I'd happily take out the likes of Starfox or OoT (ye know because they're ports) from the best list & put GR:SW in its place.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 17:19

ZeroJones wrote:

Neither are by any means bad, but Balla's point is a valid one, unfortunately. I love NSMB2 and keep championing it on the back of the brilliant Coin Rush mode (I voted it second best 3DS innovation). It forces you to change the way that you normally play Mario games, which I enjoyed immensely.

Sticker Star I liked less. It's a victim of its heritage: the first two Paper Mario games were fab but SPM and PM:SS tried things (which I normally love - see my comment on the Pokémon friends in X/Y for evidence!) that took away from the core and successful ideas in their predecessors. If it had been built around Mallo, say, and called 'Stickblox' (open to better suggestions), we'd not have voted it the worst 3DS game.

That still doesn't validate the notion that it's the worst game on the 3DS though. At an educated guess, I'd say it's position on our poll is entirely down to the disappointment induced by what it had to follow. I think this is akin to voting Super Mario Sunshine as the worst GameCube game, or Yoshi's Story as the worst N64 game. Just...naw.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 17:25

If only there were a way we could get our hands on some really awful games, even temporarily, without having to pay for the privilege, just so we could give an informed vote for this category.  If only there were a way...
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 17:40

The_Jaster wrote:
That's a solid top ten with a lot of variety as well, might rebuy fire emblem sometime but I just didnt care for the characters which is a big part of that series.

I wouldn't re-buy it, for someone who counts themselves as a fire emblem fan, Awakening was a massive disappointment. Bloody customization always ruining my favourite games!  DAMN YOU! 

If I cant dissuade you, might as well have my copy. I'm not going to play it again so I can send you it if you want?

Apart from that, the list is very solid. No idea how Link Between Worlds is better than Ocarina of Time though!
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 18:52

Did you vote for Shadow Wars? Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 19:51

Vidofnir wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

I wouldn't re-buy it, for someone who counts themselves as a fire emblem fan, Awakening was a massive disappointment. Bloody customization always ruining my favourite games!  DAMN YOU! 

If I cant dissuade you, might as well have my copy. I'm not going to play it again so I can send you it if want?

That's very kind of you but I'll pass, as I said it will be a while (years probably) before I get around to trying it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 22:06

Weird worst top 5 as I don't think you can call either the top two bad compared to other games on the system such as horrid henry CUBE brings up.

Also on FE:A i voted that Number 1 in both retail and overall (guess Andy did as well), it does everything excellently.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 23:33

masofdas wrote:
Also on FE:A i voted that Number 1 in both retail and overall (guess Andy did as well), it does everything excellently.

Did we play separate games? The story is far from excellent, enemy AI is worse than in Path of Radiance, the maps lack depth and victory conditions. I cannot see how anyone who has played a previous FE game can call Awakening good.

However if its your first time playing FE ignore everything I said.

I must admit that the streetpass function was excellently implemented though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 23:43

It is the 1st in the series I've played. I have tried picking up the others since playing this but there all silly prices.

I had no problem with the story, I liked the characters being able to customise them with weapons and my own character. I liked the world the game was set in. Just everything about it also DLC was done right. I couldn't recommend it enough and it's not just the best 3DS game but one of the best of last year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next