Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949

Go down 
+15
Jimbob
fronkhead
The Cappuccino Kid
shanks
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Vidofnir
Athrun888
Cube
ZeroJones
Balladeer
masofdas
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Should there be a vote for both retail and overall 3DS game or just retail?
Just a retail top 10
The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 Vote_lcap36%The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 Vote_rcap
 36% [ 4 ]
Both retail and an overall top 10
The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 Vote_lcap18%The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Retail top 5 and an overall top 10
The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 Vote_lcap45%The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 Vote_rcap
 45% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 7:41

I've played Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Shadow Dragon and Sacred Stones and I'd say it was my favourite. I really liked the marriage/children mechanic and I didn't notice any issues with the AI. Victory conditions would've been nice but I don't think it was essential to my enjoyment of the game.

Working on the rest and Specul-o-tron now. Expect them up within the hour.

Edit: No standout winner so I'll post what I have recieved and comments.

The Specul-o-Tron Award for Most Wished for 3DS Game
Spoiler:

The Very Best 3DS Game as Voted for by the GNamer Forum on the 7th of April Excluding Anything That Came Out Over the Last Couple of Weeks Like Prof Vs Pheonix but Not Excluding New Yoshi's Island. (The best of the rest)
Spoiler:

The OMG What Did I Just Play? Award for the Worst Game on 3DS

Spoiler:
I'll gather the rest of the comments for a big comment splurge tomorrow morning to finish it off!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 9:59

Dark Souls  Laughing 

I actually really liked NSMB2...
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 12:24

Good show that man!  Glad to see KIU only getting one badvote - given the complaints about its controls, I thought it'd get more.

No prizes for guessing who gave MK7 three badvotes. Winky Face

Last edited by Balladeer on Tue 15 Apr 2014 - 13:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 12:47

There's subjectivity, but that's insanity.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 15:45

Eh, sorry about the Dark Souls most wished vote. In my defence I did write that before I knew it was all anyone ever talks about!

Now I think about it, maybe a Paper Luigi game would be more realistic.

Not to be a stick in the mud but I really must expand on how awful the Awakening AI is. Did they ever employ any other strategy than bumrush you with all units? Didn't you notice that enemy units spawn and can move on the same turn leading to unexpected deaths you could do nothing about unless you are some sort of seer?

Did you notice that the pairing system effectively removes all strategy, with there being no benefit whatsoever to leaving units solo? While fighting with pairs makes your units OP.

Help me understand.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 16:53

I find it quite surprising that mighty switch force isn't in that worst of list, I was going to vote in that category but I didn't have many I could mention & I wanted to focus on the positives of the system.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 16:56

Blimey, an apology?  Honestly, Vido, you're going to have to try and work harder on your reintegration here.  Everyone knows that the proper response to mentioning DS is to do the same for about five more posts to rub it in my face. Crying or Very sad 

That said, there's nothing wrong with actually wanting DS on the 3DS, but it's about as realistic as wanting Gears of War (more like Gears of Snore, amirite) on the Wii U.  Then again, I mentioned Meteos 2, so I'm hardly one to talk.

The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 Meteosds_005-large

GIVE ME MORE GODDAMNIT.  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEEEEEEEEEASE. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 17:00

The_Jaster wrote:
I find it quite surprising that mighty switch force isn't in that worst of list, I was going to vote in that category but I didn't have many I could mention & I wanted to focus on the positives of the system.

That's sort of the approach I took as well. I considered Mighty Switch Force for the worst game on 3DS, but - despite not finding it nearly as clever or addictive as the critics seemed to - I didn't feel that it was all that awful a game. I saved my votes for the two 3DS games I genuinely believe are indefensibly rubbish, which are 3D Game Collection and, true to form, Ghost Recon Shadow Wars.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 17:27

I can't say I've noticed being bumrushed or the spawn and take a turn truth be told but I disagree about the pair system. I've always partnered up my units for the support benefit and the only real difference sharing a space made was that you were less likely to lose your noobs.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 19:50

I see some funny funny person voted for activity log.
The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 928
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 19:53

I just noticed that Miracle Mask outranked Azran Legacy - how the heck did that happen?
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 20:29

Balladeer wrote:
That said, there's nothing wrong with actually wanting DS on the 3DS, but it's about as realistic as wanting Gears of War (more like Gears of Snore, amirite) on the Wii U.  Then again, I mentioned Meteos 2, so I'm hardly one to talk.

GIVE ME MORE GODDAMNIT.  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEEEEEEEEEASE. Crying or Very sad

But there was a second game and a console version
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 20:37

The second game spoiled the formula by (a) adding Disney characters and (b) allowing horizontal movement as well as vertical.  The home console version (a) lacked a touch screen and (b) was on the wrong damn console.

I don't care if it's actually Meteos 4 or whatever, but a 3DS non-Disney version of the game with vertical movement only is what I crave.  Or a Wii U version.  Heck, if they ported Meteos Wars to the Wii U that would benefit immensely from the touchscreen alone! Perhaps it could have an "anti-scrubbing mechanic" to prevent Drunka from cheating his way to victory too.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 21:01

Balladeer wrote:
The second game spoiled the formula by (a) adding Disney characters and (b) allowing horizontal movement as well as vertical.  

a) breathed new life into the Meteos template, and did so in a very charming way that could be enjoyed by adults and children alike.
b) didn't really change all that much, except make things a more accessible - arguably A Good Thing when considering the original's learning curve. I feel Meteos was too reliant on speed and reflexes for there ever to be too much strategy, and having horizontal movement didn't really alter or "spoil the formula" much whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 21:09

To be fair, I have never played Disney Meteos, so I'm going off NGamer's report for (b).  I can say that I mastered the original's learning curve and loved its challenging playstyle (unless you scrub), and it was immensely satisfying when I got it right.  (And my reflexes are snail-like, so if I can do it, anyone can.) And I loved the spacey aesthetic, with the charming little aliens bouncing around and the galactic battlefields and the peculiar ever-changing soundtrack and things: I can say for certain, despite never having played DM, that in my eyes (a) was sucking life out rather than breathing it in.

I probably should try and pick a copy up on the cheap, so that I can back up what I'm saying about the gameplay (or refute it).  But regardless of how I feel about the gameplay, I will eat my Mario baseball cap if I end up preferring the Disney style to the original's.

(In the interests of full disclosure, I haven't played Meteos Wars either, so maybe it works perfectly well without the touchscreen.  But I can't imagine it somehow.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 11:31

So Jas what was your wished for game as I can't figure out which was yours.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 11:53

3D Game Collection:

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars:

Star Fox 64 3D:

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure:

Steel Diver: Sub Wars:

Tokyo Crash Mobs:

Harmoknight:

Majora's Mask 3D:

Etrian Odyssey IV:

Super Mario 3D Land:

Resident Evil Revelations:

Bravely Default:

Streetpass:

Ridge Racer 3D:

Animal Crossing:

Donkey Kong '94:

Pokedex 3D:

Korg M01D:

Castlevania Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate:

Azure Striker Gunvolt :

Luigi's Mansion 2:

A Link Between Worlds:

Kid Icarus Uprising:

Metal Gear Solid 3:

Myst:

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate:

Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins:

Liberation Maiden:

2 Fast 4 Gnomes:

Attack of the Friday Monsters:

Ace Attorney 6:

Farming Simulator 3D 2013:

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy:

Mario Vs. Donkey Kong :

Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo:

Crimson Shroud:

Mario and Lugi: Dream Team Bros:

Nintendo Pocket Football Club:

Inazuma 11 GO!:

Puyo Puyo Tetris:

Angry Birds Trilogy:

Super Street Fighter 4 3D Edition:

Mutant Mudds:

Fire Emblem Awakening:

Tales of the Abyss:

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones:

Mario Picross:

Wario Land 4:

Mario Kart Super Circuit:

Hana Samurai:

There you go, I tried to keep it all fresh so apologies if I missed any that would've been. Thanks for taking part everyone and thanks for your patience with my terrible time keeping abilities. It has been a pleasure to run and I hope you've all had as much fun voting and reading as I have had running it!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 11:56

Sunset Wilds is still terrible Balla.  Razz 
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 12:24

LIES.

That's a heck of a lot of comments!  You did miss out a few of mine, but I can understand why when there are so many.  Some crackers in there too (e.g. Myst).  Thanks for another great voting thread, Andyman - the categories were the best thing to happen to voting threads since MANLY GAMESGrin 
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 13:16

I didn't know that anyone using this forum has Hana Samurai or Tokyo Crash Mobs - I'd be interested in finding out more about those two.

Thanks again andyman - nicely done!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 15:44

Hana Samurai would be me.  Enemies line up to hit you repeatedly, you have a couple of dodge moves to use on them, and then you slash 'em up until they turn into money.  That's most of the game, and it's satisfying enough, although there's not an awful lot of variety in the foes.

Then you reach a boss stage, of which there are three.  They're horrible: they pit you against a number of groups of foes, then a boss who is much harder to dodge, and if you die (and the boss will kill you first time around, as you learn its attacks), you have to go all the way back to the beginning of the stage.  That's why I never finished it. If you thought Skowl out of DKCTF was bad, it is as nothing compared to these.

It's a rather charming game, dressed up in Mystical Ninja-esque aesthetics to hide its blockyness, and it's this that I liked the most about it.  It's also rather short, clocking in at probably under three hours if you don't count retries of the bloody boss stages. Couple of cute minigames too, to pad it out.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 16:01

Cheers for that, Balladeer. It's one of many eShop games from back in it's infancy that I should go visit. It sounds pretty decent value for the six-or-so quid it costs.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 17:47

Balladeer wrote:
Perhaps it could have an "anti-scrubbing mechanic" to prevent Drunka from cheating his way to victory too.
Damnit, you brought it up before I could! But yeah, I'm sure it would be pretty easy for the game to tell the difference.

Might have to go back and finish that castlevania then. Because, y'know, the combat is supposed to be good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 20:22

masofdas wrote:
So Jas what was your wished for game as I can't figure out which was yours.

Fantasy Life, I think it's a real shame it didn't come out over here & would certainly be one that may fill up that RPG gap on 3ds that most of you want so much.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014 - 11:41

Massive thanks to our host, andyman949, for all his hard work for this thread! The category recategorisation worked really well; all in all, a great vote. Very Happy

Now get back to uni work! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next