Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts

Go down 
+21
Kriken
gjones
OrangeRakoon
oldschool
Cube
Admin
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
Axis1500
Rum
beemoh
fronkhead
2grundies
Crumpy Andy
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Dusty Knackers
JayMoyles
Jimbob
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 13 EmptySun 25 Feb 2018 - 18:41

Yeah my point totally that it hasn't grabbed me in 6 years, why would it now.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 13 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2018 - 10:13

Oh my god, Witcher 3 pisses all over Skyrim so badly it becomes a nautical adventure. Also, although it is open-world, it has phenomenal story and writing and you can follow quests easily, so I can actually see you liking it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 13 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2018 - 10:26

Exactly the option play a 6 year old fantasy game that's not grabbed me in that time or a couple of years old game which as you say likely pisses all over Skyrim.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 13 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2018 - 18:55

I don't have a Witcher 3 option, you're all rubbish. Sulk
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 13 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2018 - 21:07

Watching that Extra Credits video... yeah, it's true that, for both Skyrim and its predecessor, you're basically waiting to get out of the first bit and into the main world. By that time, in Oblivion, Patrick Stewart's already carked it. It's still a great game though.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 13 EmptyWed 28 Feb 2018 - 9:55

Jimbob wrote:
Watching that Extra Credits video... yeah, it's true that, for both Skyrim and its predecessor, you're basically waiting to get out of the first bit and into the main world. By that time, in Oblivion, Patrick Stewart's already carked it. It's still a great game though.

Spoilers Jim.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 13 EmptyThu 1 Mar 2018 - 18:41

masofdas wrote:
Jimbob wrote:

Spoilers Jim.

Your sister gets kidnapped in the first half an hour of Wind Waker.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 13 EmptyThu 1 Mar 2018 - 18:43

God damn all these Welsh people on the Internet, disseminating their leek culture...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 13 EmptyThu 1 Mar 2018 - 19:46

JayMoyles wrote:
masofdas wrote:
Jimbob wrote:

Spoilers Jim.

Bruce Willis is already dead in Sixth Sense.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 13 EmptyFri 2 Mar 2018 - 10:48

The_Jaster wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
masofdas wrote:
Jimbob wrote:

Spoilers Jim.

Bruce Willis is already dead in Sixth Sense.

Next you're going to tell me Aerith dies in FFVII.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 13 EmptyFri 2 Mar 2018 - 14:42

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 13 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3uo7Pd_YVC-abP_RlT-liGOf8YPADOb43T9rXnwgID3ylRrO3

I've been trying to enjoy Hey! Pikmin for a few weeks now, playing it on and off, but I'm about to pie it. Although it's always pleasant and has little pockets of cleverness, it's too slow and safe for me to want to press on with the remaining half of the game (four more worlds of it). I know that completing it would only take me another few hours, but it's been largely uninteresting thus far, and there's nothing to suggest that that'll change. I left it at the end of Sector 4, the 'metallic wasteland' zone, which - desert zone aside - is typically one of the very worst in a platformer. It sums Hey! Pikmin up to be honest: it's boring.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 13 EmptyFri 2 Mar 2018 - 17:45

I'm not surprised at all to read that. It never really looked like anything more than a half-hearted stop-gap. A shame: it feels like there's potential in the idea.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 13 EmptySat 21 Apr 2018 - 13:55

Nioh

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 13 9k=

I've come to the conclusion that I simply don't have the patience or time now to enjoy hard games. I struggled with Bloodborne, mostly because of the irritatingly long loading times after each death, but I bought Nioh in the hope that I'd prefer the quicker combat that Team Ninja are renowned for. I loved Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox, and while Nioh is definitely more satisfying to play than the slower FromSoftware games, it's punishing. Load times are fine, but it's a game that is very difficult to dip in and out of, which is what I tend to do these days. If I was a teenager and only had Nioh for my PS4, I'd be all up in it, but with 10 games on the go across multiple platforms, I fear it will never get priority.

If you are big on the Souls games I'd definitely recommend it, and even if you're not, and like hardcore action titles like Bayonetta, it's worth trying.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 13 EmptySun 22 Apr 2018 - 19:24

Nioh has always intrigued me more than DS because I'm a weeb. I'd be curious to see what Souls fans thought of it.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 13 EmptySun 22 Apr 2018 - 19:56

As far as Soulslikes go the combat is pretty solid, unfortunately the world is pretty bland, the mission design repetitive and the enemies all a bit samey. It's far too long for the lack of variety on offer.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 13 EmptySun 22 Apr 2018 - 22:48

I only played it during its alpha stage, so it is incredibly unfair to be drawing any major conclusions on it but I found it even tougher than Souls to the point of frustration. Maybe the main game is fairer - I've not a clue, after all.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 13 EmptyMon 23 Apr 2018 - 7:57

Yeah the difficulty felt significantly lower when I went back to it, though I think it was improvements such as staggering the enemy when you hit them and adding a few i-frames here and there.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 13 EmptyWed 25 Apr 2018 - 12:19

A few games which I traded in a while ago but not had much to say on them but have things say about another game that posting about all 3 of them as I don't like posting here unless I've sold the game or really don't like it or is an unbeatable game such as Overwatch.

Assassin's Creed: Origins
I bought this with my One X as it's one of the best games to show off the POWER! of the One X and like most AC games I do like the setting. From the 4K, side of things it looked great but didn't think it was oh my old good look at how great this is but I had been playing on my Pro for a year that I don't think the leap the from 1440p to 2160p is a big as 1080p to 2160p.

On the actual game, I didn't get far as I didn't even unlock achievements as I got to a point where my character got stuck on a rock span around and had the same voice lines playing over and over again.

I played after a update didn't fix it, I uninstalled the game and reinstalled and didn't fix it, that my option would be to restart the game and I wasn't doing that.

Monster Hunter: World
Yep sorry guys, I got about 15hrs in and I just stopped playing (shh Andy) and never felt like going back to it. I literary just stopped playing one day for no reason, I was enjoying what I played but as I say I sold this at the same time as AC and I was just looking at my shelf and at things like LA Noire which I'm also halfway through (I know MonHan is hundreds of hours, not just 30 odd hours but I would just do the story) which I will go back to at some point, just wasn't going to do that with World.

Metroid Prime
Talked about this one in the retro thread and I was playing for EofGiz Game a Month Podcast series, I will leave a link here on it.

The next game which we talk about at the end, is something one of you loves and I can't see my thoughts going here (link to podcast) but last game I've beaten thread instead.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 13 EmptyWed 25 Apr 2018 - 12:33

mas wrote:
(I know MonHan is hundreds of hours, not just 30 odd hours but I would just do the story)

The story is actually doable in 30 - 50 hours so it's quite easy to treat MH World like most other story driven games which is something you couldn't really do with the previous ones.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 13 EmptyWed 25 Apr 2018 - 12:42

That's what I'm saying, considering I was halfway in what I would on the game. I had no desire to do that, compared to other games I own and why I've not put in here such as LA Noire as a example as something I do have the desire to go back to, one day.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 13 EmptyWed 25 Apr 2018 - 13:51

Ahh I see.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 13 EmptyWed 25 Apr 2018 - 15:11

And conversely, I've started MHW again with another character because I'm digging it so much. Different strokes!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 13 EmptyWed 25 Apr 2018 - 16:23

Yup, I'm in pretty deep too (332 hours to be precise) but that's not really a surprise Laughing - the main thing I'm doing is giving each weapon type a proper go of over 100+ uses while making mixed sets that either pair well with these weapons or ones that I find fun, with the hunts being as fun as they are & the weapon variety I have plus the constant updates Capcom will be putting out, I can see this topping my most played MH game quite easily.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 13 EmptyWed 25 Apr 2018 - 16:27

I'm assuming 3 Ultimate is your most played... Or is it Tri?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 13 EmptyWed 25 Apr 2018 - 16:29

JayMoyles wrote:
I'm assuming 3 Ultimate is your most played... Or is it Tri?

Aye it was Tri at well over 800......I like hunting them monsters. Dead horse
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts
Page 13 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 39  Next