Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts

Go down 
+21
Kriken
gjones
OrangeRakoon
oldschool
Cube
Admin
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
Axis1500
Rum
beemoh
fronkhead
2grundies
Crumpy Andy
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Dusty Knackers
JayMoyles
Jimbob
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 EmptyWed 25 Apr 2018 - 19:16

Poor horse. Gone but never ever forgotten.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 EmptySat 26 May 2018 - 17:29

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 0ed47aec-dcf5-43f5-8ced-b3a3bdec1bf8.jpg?n=SoD2_GLP-Hero-1084_1920x1080

SoD2 came out Tuesday, EofGiz was done with it that evening and me Wednesday afternoon. Now SoD2 is a budget title and I played via Game Pass but it is buggy as all hell and feels old plus the gameplay loop is just so boring.

It's basically drive the car to get wood, drive back, go out and find fuel, build something with the wood like an infirmary, go find medical supplies, go get fuel and so on.

That's it, and it's fine playing CO-OP as you're going around with mates killing zeds but single player it's just a bad version of the sims wrapped up an in a 3rd person survival shooter thing.

I can see why I've seen 4/10's etc for it that I honestly reckon you should only play it with mates and then you only help one world or to get some achievements without having the likes of Hannah Montana on your profile.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 EmptyMon 28 May 2018 - 17:04

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 3fb53515466d9814bbcd4275b42bd880403f03b9

This is part the game's fault, and part mine. It's true that I thought the game had auto-saved when it hadn't, re-started to find a chunk of my progress wiped, and was put off by that. However, this was partly due to the unclear nature of the things the game throws at you first up, and thinking, 'Surely I must have found a save point by now?' It's also true that I found the main character slow, especially her branch-removing strong attack, and that I was sick of wading through mud long before I put the game down. I didn't even find the game's much-lauded art style much to my tastes, but it's more the pacing and my foolishness that killed this for me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 EmptyFri 1 Jun 2018 - 22:41

One to upset Andy
Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 Yakuza-2-3

Unlike Metroid Prime for theBook Club (Yakuza) which I could see a good game underneath the controls and would have played more if it handled better.

Where Yakuza I just found laborious and really couldn't be bothered with and since sold 0 & Kiwami as could not see me going back.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 11:44

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 Fm_touch_match_screenshot_on_switch_-_available_on_eshop_-_image_post

I do have a video review up but this isn't a game you can really finish that it would also go here, however, going through my backlog thanks to Drunka, I just can't see me going back to this I just prefer playing it on a PC as I didn't like playing it on a TV as I like to play it whilst watching something else and I find the Switch screen to small to read things and to select things be it with cursor or touch also hard to see and do.

It's also overpriced being double the iPad version which has more content and has no retail version to justify the Switch Tax either.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 EmptyWed 11 Jul 2018 - 19:14

It's a completely unrelated double-bill!

LOST SPHEAR:

LUMINES:
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 EmptyWed 11 Jul 2018 - 19:58

Get Lost Sphere to Falkirk by all means, but if it's anything like the PSP ones, Lumines deserves more than five minutes. Five minutes is almost pointless with a game like that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 EmptyWed 11 Jul 2018 - 20:06

Unfortunately at the moment I've got so many games to try and get through before the next big one arrives that five minutes is all I'm willing to give a game that looks so utterly not my thing. So kudos to you for sticking with XC2 for as long as you did, I suppose. (Also it was probably slightly longer than that, to be fair.)

I'm not saying I won't go back to it ever, I suppose; but it's fallen behind Hollow Knight, Yoku, Golf Story, probably Yooka-Laylee, and anything else that takes my fancy in the meantime. It probably doesn't help that the last game I got properly into (which did grab me from the word go) was also a puzzler.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 EmptyWed 11 Jul 2018 - 22:26

You don't deserve Meteos on Switch now.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 EmptyThu 12 Jul 2018 - 10:29

Only liking puzzle games where you are head to head against an opponent baffles me

I didn't know if was possible to not like Tetris!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 EmptyThu 12 Jul 2018 - 10:32

To be fair Tetris is better when it's head to head anyway.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 EmptyThu 12 Jul 2018 - 12:25

Nah Tetris is best when it's 3am and you're lying awake petrified by the idea that death is the end, and the only way you can find escape from the realisation of existential finality is in the all consuming arranging of falling blocks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 EmptyThu 12 Jul 2018 - 18:54

I'm sure I'd get on with some of Tetris' bonus modes, but I find the chasing high scores for the sake of chasing high scores excruciatingly dull. 🤷
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 EmptyThu 12 Jul 2018 - 19:18

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Nah Tetris is best when it's 3am and you're lying awake petrified by the idea that death is the end, and the only way you can find escape from the realisation of existential finality is in the all consuming arranging of falling blocks.

Stop recording my nighttime routine, thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 EmptySun 5 Aug 2018 - 14:37

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 6019d396-233c-4e1e-9b6a-11d8e1639fa5.jpg?n=ReCore-MWF_GLP-Page-Hero-1084_1920x600_02

This did start the last have you ever thread with the rage quit theme. Since then we did record the game a month podcast for Recore.

If you don't want to listen to that then basically I got 16hrs into the game at the very end and I got a game breaking bug me where the enemies wouldn't spawn in. That is why it is here and not in the last game I have beaten thread as I can't seem to move and I'm not going back over 16hrs worth of game which is average at best as it just seems rushed and feels like a launch title in a Knack sort of way.

I would recommend it if you see cheaper like £8 or less or sub to Game Pass for a month and play this along with 100+ other games for £8 which can be done on PC as well as Xbox.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 EmptySat 11 Aug 2018 - 18:32

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 220px-Mafia_III_cover_art

Think I'm done with this one. It was free on PSN, as are almost all the games I've played recently. It's ok. A really cool setting in New Orleans Bordeux, which brought back some nostalgia for living in the Deep South with all the architecture. But it doesn't really do anything interesting aside from the narrative, which ultimately I found myself skipping since I knew each character was ultimately nothing but a soulless husk chaperoning me to the next mission - which perfectly mirrors the prior 9 million missions.

I wish they'd been given more time to come up with more variety, or that a more talented studio had been given the keys to this idea.

5/10
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 EmptyFri 17 Aug 2018 - 1:32

I downloaded Mafia III as I liked the look of it, but this kinda confirms why I never wanted to put money down for it.

I've been playing Heavy Rain, but it's a game I have beaten before and it's not fun to play IN THE SLIGHTEST. Promptly deleted.

I have however, started Metal Gear Solid 5, which I can see myself sticking with. The start is absolutely bonkers.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 EmptyFri 17 Aug 2018 - 21:28

Muss wrote:
A really cool setting in New Orleans Bordeux, which brought back some nostalgia for living in the Deep South with all the architecture.

I didn't know you'd lived in the Deep South! Whereabouts?

gjones wrote:

I have however, started Metal Gear Solid 5, which I can see myself sticking with. The start is absolutely bonkers.

Have you played any of the older MGS games? This is easily the pinnacle of the series from a gameplay perspective so it's a blast to play, but it's nowhere near as strong with its storytelling - opening aside - as the older games, so it's a bit disappointing from that perspective.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 EmptySat 18 Aug 2018 - 14:53

Probably won't ever happen but I'd love it if they put MGS ground zeroes on Switch.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 EmptySun 19 Aug 2018 - 20:57

JayMoyles wrote:
Muss wrote:
A really cool setting in New Orleans Bordeux, which brought back some nostalgia for living in the Deep South with all the architecture.

I didn't know you'd lived in the Deep South! Whereabouts?

gjones wrote:

Have you played any of the older MGS games? This is easily the pinnacle of the series from a gameplay perspective so it's a blast to play, but it's nowhere near as strong with its storytelling - opening aside - as the older games, so it's a bit disappointing from that perspective.

I played through the first disc of Twin Snakes on the Cube (I guess that's half of the game), and played MGS2 at the time on PS2 to see what the hype was. It's a series that has never clicked with me - too many cut scenes and the gameplay has always felt less "tight" than Splinter Cell. Just in the first open area bit at the moment but it feels great - I just have little to no interest in the storyline.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 EmptySun 19 Aug 2018 - 21:15

I never get why people compare Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Solid, I find them completely different.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 EmptySun 19 Aug 2018 - 21:18

gjones wrote:
It's a series that has never clicked with me - too many cut scenes and the gameplay has always felt less "tight" than Splinter Cell. Just in the first open area bit at the moment but it feels great - I just have little to no interest in the storyline.

This'll be the perfect MGS game for you then - the storyline takes a clear back-seat to the gameplay in MGSV. Let us know how you get on!
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 EmptySun 19 Aug 2018 - 22:28

masofdas wrote:
I never get why people compare Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Solid, I find them completely different.

Because they are the two big budget stealth series.

JayMoyles wrote:
This'll be the perfect MGS game for you then - the storyline takes a clear back-seat to the gameplay in MGSV. Let us know how you get on!

Will do!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 EmptySun 19 Aug 2018 - 23:39

I've got a contribution for this thread!

Runbow

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 GDC-2015-Screenshot_0000_Volcano

Well, specifically its single player content. I enjoyed clearing out the first few levels worth of single player action, but as I've mentioned elsewhere in the forum, I really don't find the gimmick substantial enough to continue to hold my interest across as many stages as are present in the single player adventure. Couple that with some iffy hitbox issues - I find my character not climbing onto ledges if they were being blocked by a colour wall or having issues in hitting the colour shielded enemies - and I packed it in after a little over half of the levels in the campaign. I was getting bored and frustrated, and that's not a good look when there's so many other games vying for my attention.

I'll still join in for any multiplayer sessions as that's obviously where the game shines, but I'm not playing anymore of the single player content.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 EmptyMon 20 Aug 2018 - 12:14

Runbow worked best when I *absolutely destroyed* youse all at it in Manchester. I vividly recall wiping the floor with andyman in particular.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts
Page 14 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 39  Next