Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread II

Go down 
+10
gjones
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Slazo
Buskalilly
Dusty Knackers
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 35 EmptyWed 27 Jun 2018 - 18:07

Tbh was a bit gutted that Glasgow wasn't one of the places mentioned for the NXT UK shows, as the SSE Hydro is a great venue for wrestling.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 35 EmptyWed 27 Jun 2018 - 22:26

Maybe they don't want to encroach on ICW's turf considering their working agreement and all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 35 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2018 - 14:10

Yeah I guess that might come into it but it's just shite that there is no date for Scotland at all for the debut tour of NXT UK.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 35 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2018 - 15:17

I reckon it's because Triple H is a really big advocate for IndyRef2 and he doesn't want to saddle Scotland with the UK brand as we'll be getting NXT Scotland soon.

Either that or the ICW thing. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 35 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2018 - 18:10

Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 35 Hulkjjga
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 35 EmptyFri 13 Jul 2018 - 23:20

Is this the new High Flying Birds line-up?

Extreme Rules is coming up this Sunday - anyone giving a toss?

For me, it's all about the G1 Climax starting tomorrow. I am dead excited to see how that pans out as there's no clear cut winner with how things have been panning out lately. B Block is a nightmare to predict.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 35 EmptySat 14 Jul 2018 - 9:45

I'm excited about the G1, I might not watch all of it but some great matchups to come and hard to pick from the prediction table you sent me as so many you want to keep strong.

Extreme Rules (if you can call it that) looks okay but it's not going to make me go resub for the Network.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 35 EmptySat 14 Jul 2018 - 20:36

I'd hate to be the one booking the G1, especially that B Block.

I'm just about to sit down and watch Night 1. The next few weeks are going to be brilliant. I'd recommend skipping the tag matches unless there's anything that looks really interesting to you and just watch the singles matches as it's overwhelming otherwise.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 35 EmptyMon 3 Sep 2018 - 11:06

I watched All In, last night and the wrestling was top notch, along with the production.

From the big three show's I've watched this year, I'd put it above WrestleMania but below WrestleKingdom.

For the reason, that even though the wrestling was great, only really one match had consequences, that it might be better to compare to something like The Greatest Royal Rumble but a billion times better.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 35 EmptyMon 3 Sep 2018 - 23:26

Aye, it was definitely more in the vein of a supercard as opposed to a premier show with storyline implications like Wrestlemania, but that didn't stop me from enjoying it lots. I think it's brilliant that there's a growing alternative if you're sick of WWE - wrestling's sorely lacked that since WCW met its demise.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 35 EmptySun 14 Oct 2018 - 10:57

Myself, EofGiz and two mates went to Plymouth last night to watch a WWE NXT UK Taping.

The UK show starts this week on the network and from how it's been done much like NXT a load is recorded in one time, that the 3hrs we saw was 3 episodes and what we saw last night won't be on the network till January as it's likely episode 13, 14, 15 that when a faction came out and was talking about last week and how they've joined forces is a little weird, along with seeing the same guys wrestle in the same night.

The wrestling was good, some names we didn't know due to not having seen previous stuff but it was 3.5hrs (a little pre-show type match before what would be tapings and some stops that you could tell where and when the 3 episodes would take place) worth of decent wrestling for £50 for great seats as well, does seem decent value.

Some pictures, you might say are spoilers but more showing who was there like some guy called Paul :

Overall a great night, it was clear what the overall story was in a 3hrs along with the women's champ being there which I sort makes up for lack of the two bigger names which I'm guessing will be the big story in the next 3 episodes and people going tonight won't see the big names as part of the story we got.

The best chant was where's my car stereo aimed at Zack Gibson and take your shows off if you hate this guy, which did lead to people taking their shoes off.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 35 EmptySun 14 Oct 2018 - 15:53

Was it sold out? Looks like a good show, mind. I'd love to go to a TV taping like that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 35 EmptySun 14 Oct 2018 - 16:01

Some seats available at the show at the very back and seeing Toni, Pete etc were trying to flog tickets for Sunday (tonight). I would think it be similar as what we had, 50-100 spare seats.

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 14 Oct 2018 - 16:07; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 35 EmptySun 14 Oct 2018 - 16:03

It's a weird one - I want NXT UK to succeed on the basis of good wrestlers getting paid well and getting a global platform to shine on, but the fact that WWE are gobbling up indies all over the world is a bit concerning, as it's good to have an alternative out there.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 35 EmptySun 14 Oct 2018 - 16:15

Reports they might partner with wXw, at the moment what they're doing I think is fine as ICW, Progress still doing fine even if Pete Dunne never loses due to being WWE UK Champ on them and not having events in Scotland to trample on ICW.

Now I just hope we get a NXT UK Takeover and dates for show's beyond Liverpool ( Episodes 19-24) as be neat to go again locally (would travel for a takeover, with in reason).
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 35 EmptySun 14 Oct 2018 - 18:43

masofdas wrote:
Reports they might partner with wXw, at the moment what they're doing I think is fine as ICW, Progress still doing fine even if Pete Dunne never loses due to being WWE UK Champ on them and not having events in Scotland to trample on ICW.

I think they just worked out dates with ICW as their biggest event Fear & loathing was always usually in November but WWE live is due in the Hydro at that time so it was moved to the month after.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 35 EmptySun 14 Oct 2018 - 19:01

Ahh but I was talking WWE UK not tours of the main roster as it's different talent and would be unfair on Scotland not to get AJ Styles but WWE UK with Joe Coffey up there, might be taking the piss.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 35 EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 23:32

The_Jaster wrote:

I think they just worked out dates with ICW as their biggest event Fear & loathing was always usually in November but WWE live is due in the Hydro at that time so it was moved to the month after.

That's the show I'll be going to next month - it'll be my first wrasslin' show so I'm looking forward to it. Thumbs Up!

Talking about the UK indie scene - Rev Pro is going to be on TV this Friday on FreeSports. I think it's down as "World of Pro Wrestling" or something, which is obviously trying to evoke memories of World of Sport, but it looks like a solid hour long show with a few interesting matches. Rev Pro's affiliated with New Japan, so loads of their guys will be on that - case in point, as Zack Sabre Jr. vs. KUSHIDA seems to be the headline show for their inaugural episode.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 35 EmptyTue 16 Oct 2018 - 9:56

Didn't freesport used to have 5 Star, which I think was under the same name.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 35 EmptyTue 16 Oct 2018 - 21:59

I was looking up the tv schedule for that to see other matches that Jay hadn't mentioned and apparently JUSTIN Liger is going to be there. Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 35 EmptyTue 16 Oct 2018 - 22:31

Aye, that's his younger brother, of course. Laughing

Mas: I think they were at the very least affiliated. The only gutting thing is that there doesn't seem to be an HD broadcast of FreeSports from what I've seen, which is a wee bit disappointing.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 35 EmptyWed 17 Oct 2018 - 19:54

Jay wrote:
That's the show I'll be going to next month - it'll be my first wrasslin' show so I'm looking forward to it. Thumbs Up!

Nice! Also try not to turn yourself purple like Drunka did shouting for your favourite. Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 35 EmptyWed 17 Oct 2018 - 23:40

Seeing as it's a SD Live show and AJ Styles will be there, I can't promise anything. Laughing

Cracking card for it too:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 35 EmptyThu 18 Oct 2018 - 16:51

That is a great card and there's a few on there I haven't seen wrestle live yet either, shame it just popped up at the wrong time for me to get tickets.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 35 EmptyFri 19 Oct 2018 - 23:00

I'm so chuffed I'll get to see D-Bry wrestle as he was responsible - along with CM Punk - for keeping me interested in wrestling when I decided to watch the Rumble in 2013 on a whim with a few mates. AJ will be a treat to see live too as he's my current favourite in WWE. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread II
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next