Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread

Go down 
+18
Vidofnir
Treesmurf
Solve My Maze
Athrun888
beemoh
Jimbob
fronkhead
Sentinator
Crumpy Andy
shanks
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Rum
masofdas
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu 11 Sep 2014 - 16:30

I remember 'the glory days' of NGamer, in which - after spending months trying to avoid roster leaks of the secret characters from Brawl - they put a big two-page spread SLAP BANG in the middle of the magazine.

At least that won't happen again.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu 11 Sep 2014 - 18:45

I take it you've managed to steer clear of the leaks then Cappa?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu 11 Sep 2014 - 19:18

Just heard about one through something mandlecreed retweeted. This one, if you're interested.

Spoiler:

It's not even though trying to avoid spoilers, I just don't follow many folk on social media who'd really talk about it (ibbsters aside, who is too funny to unfollow, even if he's spoiled surprises in loads of games for me lately).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu 11 Sep 2014 - 19:40

Well the fucking Escapist decided to put up a silhouette of one of the characters, and normally said character would be too obscure for me to get.  However, having seen a randomer post something earlier, that I assumed at the time was something they'd pulled out of their pustule-covered backside, and which happened to be the identity of said character, I now know who the game's equivalent of G&W or ROB is.

Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 4 1264013218737
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu 11 Sep 2014 - 20:16

That's unfortunate. But unless you're like me (in that you don't pay attention to games, mostly), then I don't see how you'd be able to escape such big news in the Nintendo community. They'll get their teeth into anything.

Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Sep 2014 - 8:34

Well I'm personally glad I spoiled the roster, but not for the reasons one might think.  

No actual names or franchises are revealed, but the tone of additions are so if you count that as a spoiler don't open:

As things stand all up I'm excited for the game, it looks like an absolute blast.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Sep 2014 - 13:11

Yeah, from the streams I've watched of this game on Twitch, it seems to be running like an absolute dream and looks very pretty to boot. Excited!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Sep 2014 - 14:54

So it seems:

And even then Japan is still an hour behind me
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Sep 2014 - 15:11

Oh come on, chaps. There are two different threads for a reason. Can't you put the stuff in spoilers in the other thread? I know that it's all hidden, but you're just tempting me that way. Aww!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Sep 2014 - 18:15

'Don't discuss Super Smash Bros. 3DS in a Super Smash Bros. 3DS thread': Balladeer.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Sep 2014 - 19:25

Balladeer wrote:
Anything up to and including the announcement of Robin, Captain Falcon and Lucina is fair game.   Any information revealed after that, but before the game's release (on the 3rd October), should stay in the general current-gen. SSB thread.

If you were going to complain about it, why not do so when the thread was first created?  Anyhoo, it's a polite request to compensate for my lack of willpower.  If you want to keep talking about it here in spoilers, I'll work around it.

(Obviously it may be really innocuous, what's in the spoilers, but I can't really check that.)

I will say that the demo. shows us the full starting roster, including at least one new character and one old revealed after Robin et al.  I have no qualms talking about anyone in that roster any more.

And many many thanks to Andyman for giving me a demo. code! Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Sep 2014 - 23:13

Can't think who the new character is but I've played demo and I can now say I will be getting SMASH on 3DS.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 13 Sep 2014 - 1:25

Balladeer wrote:
Oh come on, chaps.  There are two different threads for a reason.  Can't you put the stuff in spoilers in the other thread?  I know that it's all hidden, but you're just tempting me that way. Aww!

It's in spoiler tags, so I'd say it's fair game really, especially considering the game launched in Japan yesterday.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 13 Sep 2014 - 2:19

Quite surprised by how well it plays on 3ds (still miss my C-stick moves, natch) so I'll be buying it but I can see myself trading it in when the wii U version arrives.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 13 Sep 2014 - 7:17

As much as I enjoyed the demo I did find myself wishing for custom controls. B did not feel like a natural special move button, nor did x feel like jump so I'd like to swap them. I'd also like to swap the circle pad and d pad for more control.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 13 Sep 2014 - 8:48

My main problem was that I've used L to shield in Smash for ages (it was originally Z I think), and now they've swapped. I'm getting used to it slowly.

Also, Smash Potato.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 13 Sep 2014 - 11:13

andyman949 wrote:
As much as I enjoyed the demo I did find myself wishing for custom controls. B did not feel like a natural special move button, nor did x feel like jump so I'd like to swap them. I'd also like to swap the circle pad and d pad for more control.

I saw Nintendo Life tweeting that SSB 3DS was confirmed as having 'fully customisable controls' during the Treehouse event last night. I had the same problems as you, so if that's true then we'll both be happy. [/quote]

~

Aye, stuff in spoiler tags is fair game. All the suggestive stuff that surrounds them is a bit poor though. For example:

Quote :
I've seen the character roster and I'm very, very disappointed because, taking into account all the stuff I've said for the last year, the roster is

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 13 Sep 2014 - 11:24

Oops, don't remember that one. Ah well, 'twas a long time ago.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 13 Sep 2014 - 11:29

I take it the demo is out, maybe I should check to see if it's up on the aus e-shop. If I can bothered, and if my 3ds has any charge in it, I haven't touched the thing in months.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 13 Sep 2014 - 11:49

Thanks Cappa, that puts my mind at ease!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 13 Sep 2014 - 12:25

Andyman said in TreehouseSkype last night that Mega Man needs to be nerfed, and based on what I've played, he's dead right. That creep's down-smash is the bane of my vs.-four-CPUs life.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 13 Sep 2014 - 13:24

I'm currently running off BT Openzone Wifi until I get my own router in, which means I've yet to play the demo. Aww!

How's it looking? What stages and characters are present in it?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 13 Sep 2014 - 13:41

Yes! To what is being said about Megaman. Though Villager I find on the other hand is a sturdy little bugger
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 13 Sep 2014 - 14:12

Jay, it's just the one stage, Battlefield (although you can play For Fun or For Glory modes). All matches are 2 minutes, no other settings. Characters are Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager and Mega Man, and if I had to rank them in terms of power right now, it'd be like this:

Mega Man
Villager
Link
Mario
Pikachu

Mega Man doesn't have a "mash the A button" close range attack, and his horizontal recovery is a bit rubbish - in every other aspect, he's a monster. Meanwhile, Pikachu seems to have had its one real kill attack, forward-smash, nerfed. It's not very good.

As an aside, the latter three don't seem to have had any real changes, but they have been touched up. Link's dash attack is stronger, Mario seems more powerful all round, and Pikachu... is bad.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 13 Sep 2014 - 15:54

Balladeer wrote:
My main problem was that I've used L to shield in Smash for ages (it was originally Z I think), and now they've swapped.  I'm getting used to it slowly.

I just checked up on this & Z was grab and you could shield with L or R.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread
Page 4 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next