We've tried beers, they taste like beers.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)

Go down 
+11
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Treesmurf
Axis1500
shanks
fronkhead
Admin
ZeroJones
masofdas
oldschool
Balladeer
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 12 EmptyMon 4 May 2015 - 0:29

Stu_the_great wrote:
@OS: 1,000 coins per five turns with Meowth? Shocked I only seem to be able to chain one link ofthree coins per match. Am I missing a trick here?

You start with one in each corner, except the top left.  You seek to quickly get a double on the bottom left that matches one on the far right column, but also, if you can match 3 on the right column, do so, to bring down the top right coin, closer to the bottom one.  On the 3 or 4th turn, a fourth coin will turn up, hopefully you will have 2 coins together, a Pokemon then another coin, all on the right side bottom.  Then you drop the fourth coin in between them and try to clear it all by 8 turns.

Once you have mastered it, you will usually get at least 3 of them out of every 5 turns.  On a very rare occasion, you will get a 5 match, but that is so hard, it only seems to happen by chance, not by intent.

It is now halfway through the Banette Competition, and I am still on track to have my first attempt on all the consoles get through without me doing it again. The drop rate has been pretty consistent with my best dropping from 516 to 1579 and my worst dropping from 1289 to 4091, which a US one, so the 20,000 places make that a winner anyway. All my Pokemon I am using on this are at least level 6 now, so it might be time to go off and do other stuff and just keep a check on the numbers

How is everyone else doing on the competition at the halfway point?

Last edited by oldschool on Mon 4 May 2015 - 1:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 12 EmptyMon 4 May 2015 - 0:31

Yeah, if you're good/lucky enough, you can feasibly get over 500 coins from each try at Meowth. I aim for that, but usually end up getting the 330 coins from him instead.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 12 EmptyMon 4 May 2015 - 8:09

oldschool wrote:
How is everyone else doing on the competition at the halfway point?

This morning's check reveals that I am 2,502nd. There are enough Coins in the bank for a third attempt, if necessary. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 12 EmptyMon 4 May 2015 - 11:19

I'm like 13000 and something.. I may give it another couple of go's but like the others I'm not holding my breath for a mega stone
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 12 EmptyMon 4 May 2015 - 11:31

I'm sitting at 3225 right now. If I start to drastically tumble down the rankings, I've money in the bank for a cash-fuelled attempt. I'm chuffed that I've managed not to drop any coins on this event this time round.

Oh, the first batch of daily Pokemon (the Rotom forms) are up for grabs again for this daily Pokemon cycle. I've got them all already, but should be of some interest to Stu as a late comer, I'd imagine!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 12 EmptyMon 4 May 2015 - 16:12

And me - I somehow missed the Mower Rotom! Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 12 EmptyMon 4 May 2015 - 22:19

Thank you for the Meowth tip, OS! I've not quite grasped the gist of it yet, but I've only had one go of your method and I'm currently out of hearts. With time, I'm sure it'll be cool. Smile

I'm almost able to make a money attempt on Mega Banette, too.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 12 EmptyTue 5 May 2015 - 7:36

Stu_the_great wrote:
Thank you for the Meowth tip, OS! I've not quite grasped the gist of it yet, but I've only had one go of your method and I'm currently out of hearts. With time, I'm sure it'll be cool. Smile

I'm almost able to make a money attempt on Mega Banette, too.

I am sure you will have more misses than hits intitially.  Try using your optimised Pokemon on it for a while, as they will clear it quicker as you go.  Also, probably use Mega Gengar, as it comes in handy on the last 2 turns to clear a lot and hopefully get a combo going.  If I had decent internet I would show you a video of it, but alas, I don't.  I have less than dial-up right now, it is a nightmare and I don't know for how long.  I will try another explanation though, and this is when the Pokemon are largely in the right place:

Turn 1 - Right column: if you have two Pokemon the same next to each other, match them so your coins are closer together, usually 2 apart at the bottom. If you don't have a pair to clear, it is not impossible to win, but a lot more complicated.

Turn 2 - Left Column: if you have a pair of Pokemon on either side of the bottom left column coin, and it matches one of the top Pokemon above the 2 coins on the right, move it so all 3 coins are in the same column.  If you don't, try to get a pair that match one of the Pokemon on the right side.

Turn 3 - If you have successfully completed 1 & 2, that is the 3 coins are on the right side, two are together and a Pokemon separates it from the third, you have a free turn to match some Pokemon.  If not, use the turn to get them into that position if possible.

Turn 4 - the next coin will normally appear.  If you have the coins in the right place, finish it off and then use the rest of the turns to win.  If you haven't got them in place, use this turn to do so.

Turn 5 - This would normally be your last chance to get a 4 match of coins.  If you can't, generally speaking, give up, match 3 and get the best you can, 130 is better than 30 or none at all.

I hope that sounds logical.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 12 EmptyTue 5 May 2015 - 8:42

Three S-Ranks left to go on the main stages! EX 'Mon #21 is tantalisingly close...
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 12 EmptyTue 5 May 2015 - 9:26

JayMoyles wrote:
Three S-Ranks left to go on the main stages! EX 'Mon #21 is tantalisingly close...

This will be my next major task. I have about 4 Ex to go (up to 19) and then on to the S-Ranks. Come the next competition, we will be winning easily. Wave
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 12 EmptyTue 5 May 2015 - 9:44

JayMoyles wrote:
Oh, the first batch of daily Pokemon (the Rotom forms) are up for grabs again for this daily Pokemon cycle. I've got them all already, but should be of some interest to Stu as a late comer, I'd imagine!

I didn't realise they were repeats! I'm delighted to see any new Pokémon, but was most interested to see the Rotom forms making an appearance.

@olsdchool: Thanks for your revised assistance, and also apologies for being a bit dim! I get what you mean now, I just seem to be receiving a mysteriously rubbish hand with the Pokémon layouts at the moment.

As for Mega Banette: I've just put a score of 17,728 down to land me #3480 in the rankings. With two days to go, I'm hoping a repeat run won't be necessary. I'm very low on coins now. Sick
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 12 EmptyWed 6 May 2015 - 11:48

This morning I was still in the top 4,000 - now I've got enough Coins for two more attempts (and I'm only about 2 grand shy of enough for a third one!). Grin
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 12 EmptyWed 6 May 2015 - 11:56

ZeroJones wrote:
This morning I was still in the top 4,000 - now I've got enough Coins for two more attempts (and I'm only about 2 grand shy of enough for a third one!). Grin

I'm about 4,500 now. With way less than twenty-four hours to go, there can't be a problem with most of us here, can there? Grin

oldschool/Jay: The four coin trick is working a treat now, cheers! I'd say I can get it in 2-3 attempts out of five, with 130 coins in the remaining attempts, meaning that my coin stash is shooting up in no time! If I'm not required to make another Mega Banette run before tomorrow, I'll easily have enough coins to take on Mega Mewtwo Y properly for the first time!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 12 EmptyWed 6 May 2015 - 12:04

I'm trying my luck on my Jap 3ds where I might have a better chance even if I've only scratched the surface of the game
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 12 EmptyWed 6 May 2015 - 12:14

shanks wrote:
I'm trying my luck on my Jap 3ds where I might have a better chance even if I've only scratched the surface of the game

What are you having trouble with, shanks?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 12 EmptyWed 6 May 2015 - 12:52

Getting a decent score.. I'm currently 3000 spots over the 10k limit on my English one and with my Jap well I've only got the first 3 dark types to use on my jap so Jap wise I'm not ready. Though Jap's limit is 50k so I might have a better chance
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 12 EmptyWed 6 May 2015 - 12:56

Have you got enough to pay for the two items to try for a proper stab? I'm not much of a high scorer, but my one and only 'paid' attempt appears to have been sufficient to net me a decent score.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 12 EmptyWed 6 May 2015 - 14:20

Yeah I paid for one decent attempt and only got a 15000 odd score which in Japan seems to be not that great
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 12 EmptyWed 6 May 2015 - 14:24

Might be worth trying your English console out then if you've got far enough in. My 'paid' attempt was 17,000-odd and I'm still in the top 5,000.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 12 EmptyWed 6 May 2015 - 14:46

Yeah might give it another shot
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 12 EmptyWed 6 May 2015 - 14:49

Good luck! Fifteen hours to go in the UK, which means the results will be in while the majority of us are sleepin'.

Meanwhile, the coin grind continues.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 12 EmptyWed 6 May 2015 - 15:08

Cheers Smile

I had my last go as yeah have 15 hours as well and got down to 8070. So hopefully that will be enough as I can't afford another decent go unless I do some last minute grinding
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 12 EmptyWed 6 May 2015 - 15:19

Hopefully so!

Besides the daily Pokémon, which has been a doddle generally, the only thing I've done in the game this week is grind for coins as I can't go anywhere now until I beat Mega Mewtwo Y.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 12 EmptyWed 6 May 2015 - 16:12

On my jap I'm only as far as Snorunt
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 12 EmptyWed 6 May 2015 - 16:20

I'm a couple of Pokémon past Mega Sableye on my old XL. Not sure whether or not to continue my game there, really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)
Page 12 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next