Where we remember the Battle of the Alarmo

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Meet the Admin. Team

Go down 
+16
Katie Hopkins
Treesmurf
NintenDUCK
gjones
OrangeRakoon
Dead Lemon
Admin
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
masofdas
oldschool
JayMoyles
Balladeer
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

Meet the Admin. Team - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 16 EmptySat 3 Dec 2016 - 16:37

As ever, I'm writing mine before I read y'all's's.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 16 EmptySat 3 Dec 2016 - 18:06

That GBA Mini's a quality idea, and one I might actually shell out for. Thumbs Up! Never did get WWTwist!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 16 EmptySun 4 Dec 2016 - 12:01

Balladeer wrote:
I see what you guys have done there... but there are no questions actually about Pokémon the game!

That is a genuine oversight that probably occurred because both members of the admin team were thoroughly done in from overwork. However, I will stand by Watchogs 2, as it is a ruddy fantastic pun.

masofdas wrote:
@Zero you know their are like 500 Mini Mega Drives on the market and well cheap

I'd want an official, well-made one where all the profits go to SEGA.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 16 EmptySun 4 Dec 2016 - 18:24

They are all officially licensed by SEGA who I guess get some money from them all.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 16 EmptyMon 5 Dec 2016 - 11:30

Pokémon Black Friday happened last month. Did you bag any bargains?

In the words of Daniel Bryan - YES! YES! YES! Picked up a PS4 bundle with Uncharted 4 and FIFA 17, opened the box up and traded both games in immediately to get hold of PES 2017. A small part of me regrets it (given PES was only £30 anyway) but I don't plan on playing Uncharted 4 until I have played the first three. And FIFA is straight wackness yo.

The film Fantastic Beartics And Where To Find Them was released last month. What's the biggest animal you've ever come across in a non-zoo context?

Probably my dog's back (JEEZUS THAT'S DARK). I remember walking my dog (well my parent's dog - now deceased R.I.P. Maisy) in a field full of cows and occasionally there would be bulls in there. One time they charged us and thankfully we made it to the gate in time, but boy that was the closest I've ever been to having a heart attack. Except for last week when I necked a can of Relentless.

Tennisman Sandile Murray became ATP world number one last month. When did you last play tennis - real tennis, with a racquet, and that?

In the summer with my eldest daughter (in the garden, natch).

Let's address the big orange toxic elephant in the room - Donald Grumpig is going to be the next President of the United States. How is he inevitably going to cock it up?

Probably via Twitter. His tweets are so ludicrous sometimes, like the one where he wants to make burning a flag a crime that puts you in prison for a year.

Watchogs 2 showed us the power of the sequel by improving greatly over its somewhat average predecessor. What games come to mind when thinking about great sequels?

Burnout 2 was a great one, having played Burnout 1 recently. Man that game is drab. My favourite game with a 2 in it is Outrun 2 though, especially as it had to live up to such a classic first game, nearly 20 years later. So many others that come to mind: Power Stone 2, Streets of Rage 2 (I still maintain the first is more fun to play), Pikmin 2. SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2 (although that feels more like the best DLC ever).

The GeNESect Mini Classic launched last month and has taken the world by storm, which surely means we'll have more Mini consoles on their way. What Mini Classic do you want to see next and what games should feature on it?

My heart says N64 but my head says SNES. The N64 controller could be an issue (analogue stick make it more expensive?) and it may be nearer 20 games than 30. Also, they look like horse-arse. The SNES however, is inevitable and is a system I never fully explored outside of the Wii VC. To counteract Balla's view on the Classic Mini series, I think it's a fantastic idea. The amount of times I've bought a retro system to satisfy a short-term craving for nostalgic gaming, only to have the system sit there for months on end because I don't want to mess about with the wires and sit on the floor with a wired controller... The plug and play nature, as well as how small the thing is, is perfect. The short wires is the main problem though - make it wireless and I'll buy every single one. Well, if there were stock.

Last edited by gjones on Mon 5 Dec 2016 - 11:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 16 EmptyMon 5 Dec 2016 - 11:33

ZeroJones wrote:
That is a genuine oversight that probably occurred because both members of the admin team were thoroughly done in from overwork. However, I will stand by Watchogs 2, as it is a ruddy fantastic pun.

I completely missed that pun! Duh! That is indeed ruddy fantastic. Thumbs Up!

And the oversight can always be corrected next month: we'll all have played a bit more of it by then, and I think Picross 3D 2 is the only big Ninty game releasing in December...?

(That '...?' means 'correct me if I'm wrong'.)
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 16 EmptyMon 5 Dec 2016 - 19:18

Super Mario Maker For 3DS... Pale
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 16 EmptyMon 5 Dec 2016 - 19:23

...only big new Ninty game releasing in December...?

(Ha, I even saw a SMM43DS advert on the tube today! Which I guess shows how much I care about the game... Embarrassed )
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 16 EmptyMon 5 Dec 2016 - 21:27

From Nintendo themselves on a Nintendo console yes but I would say a Nintendo game on a Phone is a bigger release.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 16 EmptyTue 3 Jan 2017 - 17:52

It's a whole new year! It's time to meet your admins for the first time in 2017.

James "Jay" Moyles:

Simon "ZeroJones" Ball:

Questions:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 16 EmptyTue 3 Jan 2017 - 18:10

Super Mario Run became Nintendo's first proper mobile game last month. Is mobile gaming causing the death of the industry?
Obviously not, home consoles are thriving more than ever. But it is putting pressure on the handheld side of things, and it'd be a shame to see that side falter out because people who'd otherwise buy them are happy with friggin' Candy Crush Saga. And there are a couple of other things about MGing that I don't like: microtransactions, which I still feel are too prevalent, and the amount of microtransaction-peddling shite that does well.

Which games remind you of Christmas?
Banjo-Kazooie's Freezeezy Peak tops the table, without a doubt.

Tell us something good that happened to you in 2016.
Sickening:

Picross 3D Round 2 bamboozled us on 3DS last month - what's the toughest puzzle you've solved in a video game?
The final puzzle of its predecessor immediately springs to mind, actually. But the top puzzle I solved: what's the point of playing TotA? Answer: there isnae one. Tongue

2016 saw a lot of beloved celebrities pass away. Which celebrity would you bring back to us, if you could?
Harambe Satoru Iwata, and anyone who answers otherwise is wrong.jpg. Unless you cheat like Zero. Winky Face

It's time for 2017! Have you made any New Year's Resolutions?
Yes: it's another attempt to improve productivity at work, and another claim that I'll spend less time on the forum that probably won't arise. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 16 EmptyTue 3 Jan 2017 - 19:26

Some good questions there, and a lot of nice answers already. But Balladeer

Balladeer wrote:

sickening:

That's gross, get out of here man! Nah but well done

Questions:
[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 16 EmptyTue 3 Jan 2017 - 19:49

Spoiler:

Balladeer wrote:
Satoru Iwata, and anyone who answers otherwise is wrong.jpg.
I took it to mean only 2016 deaths. Satoru was 2015, was he not?
Quote :
I'll spend less time on the forum
Cheers mate.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 16 EmptyTue 3 Jan 2017 - 20:12

Jesus died in 2016? Tongue

Muss wrote:
LONG Real Talk, no really:

Aw sir: that's genuinely beautiful! Great stuff, hope 2017's a blinder for you. (As for the last line - yep, that sounds good in theory!)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 16 EmptyTue 3 Jan 2017 - 20:17

Balladeer wrote:
Jesus died in 2016? Tongue

I always write mine before I read anybody else. From a theological standpoint there are far more compelling reasons why Jesus as a pick doesn't make sense. You see, he already returned from death and then ascended to heaven, as he was God upon this Earth and not bound by mortal laws, so he isn't strictly speaking "dead" at this point in time.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 16 EmptyTue 3 Jan 2017 - 20:25

The question was 'Which celebrity would you bring back to us, if you could?' It doesn't mention that they have to be dead. Winky Face

@Muss: I have a friend who has Crohn's. It sounds awful, so I'm super glad to see your optimism for 2017. :manlyhugs:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 16 EmptyTue 3 Jan 2017 - 20:28

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Last edited by JayMoyles on Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 21:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Reduced the length of the hmmmm to save our poor formatting.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 16 EmptyTue 3 Jan 2017 - 23:11

Super Mario Run became Nintendo's first proper mobile game last month. Is mobile gaming causing the death of the industry?
No and like Balla says consoles have never done better part from in Japan where handhelds rule, only if you could make a system which is a handheld that will do well in Japan and in the west is used more as a console.

Nights into Dreams Christmas disc

Nothing really interesting happened

Picross 3D Round 2 bamboozled us on 3DS last month - what's the toughest puzzle you've solved in a video game?
More then likely something in the proper Resident Evils

2016 saw a lot of beloved celebrities pass away. Which celebrity would you bring back to us, if you could?
From 2016 it would be Carrie Fisher

Yeah 2160p
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 16 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2017 - 11:50

No although mobile gaming is ruining the "buy a system and it will last you 5 years" thing. People upgrade every, what, two years? That's a major concern for me.

Shenmue, given it was released late November in 2000, I got it for Christmas AND the game is set throughout December. Another one that I played more recently was Last Window on the DS. That is also set in December in the run up to Christmas and has a similar feel to Shenmue in that you’re part of this small group of people who you get to know well. It feels like a second family that you spend a second Christmas with, if that makes sense.

Well in January we welcomed our second daughter to the world (nearly 1 now which is the best age IMO Grin).

While I do love my music, Bowie and Prince were a bit before my time to really feel they were a part of what shaped me. George Michael was a shock, but I think Caroline Aherne was the biggest in terms of how much time I spent watching shows like The Fast Show and Royle Family growing up. Those were (and probably still are) my family's favourite shows.

To focus a bit more on my career and learn something, ANYTHING. Been in a dreary 9-5 for five years now and doesn't feel like I've gained any skills for the CV. VBA Macros would be nice (Ed: BORING).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 16 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2017 - 12:06

gjones wrote:

No although mobile gaming is ruining the "buy a system and it will last you 5 years" thing. People upgrade every, what, two years? That's a major concern for me.

That is Microsoft's plan now it seems and the Xbox gang at work which none of them own a 4KTV or planning to get one but all are considering getting a Scorpio depending on the price, and I can't really say much as I bought a Pro (for a £115 mind in the end) but as you said once I buy everything and I'm planning to buy a 4KTV soon as I can.

I'll more then likely get a Scorpio especially if it has UHD player built in like the One S, but I know we will get a upgrade of that in 2019/20 for instance.

The thing is I do think its also a good that Nintendo are going this hybrid route, Xbox is going this sort of platform route and PlayStation even though we've had the Pro have talked about PS5 which seems to be the more traditional way of doing it.

Why not have three companies in gaming all doing something different otherwise you get three systems basically doing the same thing every five years or so.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 16 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2017 - 12:40

Gjones wrote:

Shenmue, given it was released late November in 2000, I got it for Christmas AND the game is set throughout December. Another one that I played more recently was Last Window on the DS. That is also set in December in the run up to Christmas and has a similar feel to Shenmue in that you’re part of this small group of people who you get to know well. It feels like a second family that you spend a second Christmas with, if that makes sense.

"On that day where the snow changed to rain, did you see a black car?"

Shenmue is a great pick. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 16 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2017 - 12:42

Can you tell me about the three blades?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 16 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2017 - 12:46

The_Jaster wrote:
Shenmue is a great pick. Thumbs Up!

As is Last Window!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 16 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2017 - 12:50

Do you get to look for sailors though?
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 16 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2017 - 13:01

Those two games are very similar in many respects. Both set in the 1980s, both about a murder mystery and both set at Christmas. I feel a Gintendo article coming...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Meet the Admin. Team
Page 16 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next