Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!

Go down 
+9
masofdas
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
OrangeRakoon
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
Dead Lemon
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 0:43

I can see The Crumpster's

DIGRESSION ALERT: I could get used to this! Grin

point with game 6; the quality varies wildly from level to level... but I was happy with about two-thirds of what I played and really astounded - in a positive way! - by about ten per cent of it. That was far better than I was expecting. Thumbs Up!

Still not played game 5. One day I might even finish its predecessor on the Wii...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 10:05

Fourth Place

Fourth Place:

Last edited by Balladeer on Sun 20 Dec 2015 - 10:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 10:13

This is the thing as it is a remaster and if it was first you could be like well the Wii U's not great, as it's best game is a remaster but it doesn't take away how good the game is.

And to me your voting for the best game to play on the system, ala with the classic vote and all-stars if you were given a SNES you'd want the best games on it, be it a remaster or whatever.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 10:57

I see Balla's point though - as amazing as it is, there aren't enough differences between WWHD and its original version to make it a worthy winner. Great placing for it here, though.

I'd argue that HG/SS potentially winning the DS vote (I'm assuming that's what you were referring to, Balla) wouldn't have been the end of the world. It's more of a straight remake than a remaster.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 11:04

It wouldn't have been the end of the world, no! It was a very good remake and I gave it my first place. But I'm glad it didn't make it, and that a completely new game did instead (albeit the wrong completely new game Sulk ).
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 11:21

An honourable mention for me, game 4. I loved the original - like, properly - but grew bored of the Wii U remaster super quickly. Maybe it's because the world isn't new and exciting anymore? I have no more thoughts.

However, it's pretty much locked down the top three (order aside) in my head. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 13:01

I get why if it or any remaster on any system, might not be considered worthy as the very best game but if it's the best game, be it a remaster or not it shouldn't matter.

Like what you said in the XCX thread Jay, same applies here.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 14:42

Like it or not, Mas, remasters are treated differently. Especially for a game like WWHD, where the majority will have played the original, and so story moments like
Spoilers if you haven't:
or experiences like setting out onto the sea for the very first time, won't have anywhere near the same impact. The game will then be reviewed, voted for, and thought of with these things in mind.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 14:47

That's way too high for my tastes, albeit I've not been tempted to pick up this version. I enjoyed the original but I don't think I'll ever want to go back to it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 15:35

I know they are Balla but it's just a little weird to me as if we were doing counting classics or something you'd put something like Wind Waker or The Last of Us in no matter the format.

I said how I voted when I sent mine I've gone if I was given a Wii U tomorrow what would be the 10 games I would want to play the most.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 15:41

Onto the podium...

Third Place

Third Place:

Tomorrow: The Big Two!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 17:31

masofdas wrote:

Different situation though - I mentioned in the XCX thread that newer doesn't necessarily equal better, but in regards to remasters, a lot of that initial luster is lost by the fact that it's the same game at its core. You miss out on great moments of discovery, like the few Balla mentioned.

As to the vote, a worthy 3rd place! I figured it would place highly - I've had a blast with the 3DS version.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 17:44

It didn't make my list pretty much because of the 3DS version. I'd already played the game to death before it had come out. Can't really argue with it being there, but it doesn't hold much of a place in my heart.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 18:08

Crumpy said exactly what I was going to say. Thumbs Up! Think I gave it an honourable mention.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 18:23

On wind waker HD this pretty much covers it.

Crumpy Andy wrote:
That's way too high for my tastes, albeit I've not been tempted to pick up this version. I enjoyed the original but I don't think I'll ever want to go back to it.

This didn't even come to mind at all for me, I got it in one of those free wii U game deals a while back but have had no interest to play it again.

---

Smash just had to be on the podium, didn't it? For a fighting game it really is top top stuff.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 23:02

JayMoyles wrote:
masofdas wrote:

Different situation though - I mentioned in the XCX thread that newer doesn't necessarily equal better, but in regards to remasters, a lot of that initial luster is lost by the fact that it's the same game at its core. You miss out on great moments of discovery, like the few Balla mentioned.

As to the vote, a worthy 3rd place! I figured it would place highly - I've had a blast with the 3DS version.

You do of course but still doesn't mean it's one of the best games you can play on a system. If someone who has never played a console before and went I bought a Wii U and asked what's the best games on it, you would say WWHD not oh its remaster play this newer game made for Wii U but isn't as good instead.

On to the 3rd place, I also only gave it a honourable mention as it's good but just that. There's games I'd sooner play on the system and a SMASH I'd sooner play.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 1:01

Despite the high place of WWHD it seems a fair few of us wouldn't suggest it over a new game though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 7:57

So with both mine and Drunkas, PS4 & XBONE articles we bring up or mention Halo: MCC, RARE Replay, Gears of War Ultimate, The Last of Us Remastered, Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection for instance as there some of the best games to find on the systems.

And what lot of you are saying you wouldn't recommend them over a new game as there remasters or whatnot.

That I better tell the guy at work yesterday that asked me, if he should get The Last of Us on his PS4, not to get it but get The Order instead as it's a new game for PS4 & not a remaster.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 8:29

But Mas, we aren't making an article about games that are available for people who've never owned a console. We're voting for our favourite Wii U games and most of us have already played WW and don't want to play it again.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 8:42

I get that Andy, if you not played it as you played before and your favourite Wii U games.

I just found the statement that if a remaster or whatever it is wins one of these votes it be a travesty but my point is if that remaster is the best game on the system, then why would it be travesty if it is the best game on the system.

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 8:59

I guess it's because you'd hope a console that you had bought 10+ years later would have a few better games. Whilst there's no doubt that WWHD is one of the better ports, it's still a bit sad to think it has placed higher than a lot of the original games.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 9:04

The final two!  This is quite a long post, but it really has to be read top-to-bottom.  Wait for all the page/images to load fully as well.  It'll be worth it, promise.

Second Place

Second Place:

The Satoru Iwata Award for the Very Best Wii U Game as Voted for by the GNamer Forum That You've Actually Played

First Place:

Thanks for following this thread.  We're still not quite done - another two days, by my reckoning, of bits and bobs before we wrap up.  Hope you've enjoyed it so far!
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 9:44

Mario Kart 8 is the correct best game on the WiiU

Splatoon is fair enough too, I'd put it joint second with Super Mario Maker if I could but this is still acceptable.

Nothing wrong with a remaster of one of the best games ever made placing highly either. It should really be expected too, as Nintendo remasters are not that common, and only tend to be of genuinely brilliant games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 10:01

Top work on the They Said Balla, brilliant!

Can't argue with that, Mario Kart didn't make my list because similarly to Smash I lost my way with it way too soon. It is good stuff though. Splatoon is a pretty deserving winner, it's not Bayo 2 or Pikmin, but it is some fine piece of game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 10:08

Cheers Andy!  Took a bit of work, that did.

To go back a bit for a second, I'm surprised that some people felt worn out after SSB3D.  For me, SSBU showed its 3DS cousin up as the limited game it was.  Especially the course design, but the modes too, and especially the controls (the 3DS' pad is horrible for tap/tilt differentiation).  Not to mention 8-Player Smash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next