Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!

Go down 
+9
masofdas
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
OrangeRakoon
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
Dead Lemon
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Dec 2015 - 11:48

I don't think you can ever have a go at Andy (who likely put Super Mario Maker as the worst crazy man) again about Infinite Space, Balla after those words.

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Dec 2015 - 11:54

What are you talking about Mas? Winky Face

I totally forgot about Trine 2, possibly because I did try it again in multiplayer when it came to PS4 and it was almost passable. The almost funw as ruined when my friends save wiped though, so there we go.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Dec 2015 - 12:08

Its "quality" will remain etched in my mind forever. Mas, I'm saying nothing...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Dec 2015 - 13:23

So shocked to see votes for Super Mario maker, Rayman Legends & even wonderful 101, now it's fair enough if you didn't enjoy these games but the most rubbish games on wii U? I'm calling bullshit on that one.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Dec 2015 - 14:13

TW101 is a bit of a mess though, whilst something like Bayonetta is tough, it's still playable if you're not so hot. TW101 has so many problems with the difficulty, accessibility of the combat system and the insane level lengths that feel like a slog. It could be a good game, but I'd never be able to recommend it and I don't look too fondly on it.

As for Mario Maker, it's just naff. The unlock system is poor and most of the modes are practically useless or you end up playing hordes of glitch/music/silly hard to the point of not being fun levels.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Dec 2015 - 14:16

And that, Mas, is why I'll still feel able to criticise Andy's take on Infinite Space.  Which I'll maintain is better than Infinitely Long Levels.

I don't entirely disagree with his SMM appraisal either, although the game is still very far from the grisly depths of Game & Wario, say. RLegends is a different kettle of fish, that game's great.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Dec 2015 - 16:32

I agree with Jas, that this is Bullshit. As yeah you may not like but there not rubbish like fast & furious, sport champions, game party, family arcade, frenchy bird etc there rubbish games.

I know you could argue that you may have only played 20 games on the Wii U and something like W101 is the worst you've played but still makes the Wii U look like shite that some Top games are also rubbish.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Dec 2015 - 16:48

We're not making a definitive list of a generic presences best/worst list. I voted for Mario Maker as the worst game I have played on the Wii U because it is. That's probably due to the games I have chosen to play, but I had a negative time and voted it down accordingly. I'm not gonna tell the person who voted Rayman down off because it's their opinion Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Dec 2015 - 16:50

First argument of the voting thread! Grin Every voting thread's got to have one.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Dec 2015 - 17:42

That's the problem with voting for worst games on a current machine. Nobody will have bought much crap on the cheap, so rather than the actual worst game (Frenchy Bird) winning, its just perfectly good games that aren't the voter's cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Dec 2015 - 17:42

I understand why these games are here the award even says worst game you've played but having some great games in Bottom 5 and some others in dishonourable mentions that IMO shouldn't.

But we will move on to more positive things.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Dec 2015 - 17:47

There are games in there which are bloody excellent, but I'm not about to start defending your opinions Mas. That's a slippery slope! Balladeer
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Dec 2015 - 20:58

andyman949 wrote:
TW101 is a bit of a mess though, whilst something like Bayonetta is tough, it's still playable if you're not so hot. TW101 has so many problems with the difficulty, accessibility of the combat system and the insane level lengths that feel like a slog. It could be a good game, but I'd never be able to recommend it and I don't look too fondly on it.

I only ever had issue with the combat as it didn't really teach you well enough about how it works, in fact I didn't click with the combat until watching a video that went into detail about it.

Still wouldn't say it was rubbish though.

andyman949 wrote:
As for Mario Maker, it's just naff. The unlock system is poor and most of the modes are practically useless or you end up playing hordes of glitch/music/silly hard to the point of not being fun levels.

I think this one was always going to be hard for you to like though since you aren't a fan of games that rely on user generated content, I'm not a fan of those music/don't move levels either but if I see those I just don't play them which allows me to get the all the great stuff that folk have created.

I personally didn't have a problem with the unlock system either but then I actually wanted to try my hand at making proper levels.  Razz
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Dec 2015 - 21:02

I actually enjoyed Trine 2 a reasonable amount. A reasonable slightly-below-average game; I've certainly played worse on the eShop.

DIGRESSION ALERT: Just remembered that there's at least one game that I should have given an eShop honourable mention to, at least, and I didn't. Bums. Duh!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Dec 2015 - 22:48

In short, we have the same problem as Metacritic. We haven't all played the actual worst games on the system. This is really the "most disappointing games".

Guys... it doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Dec 2015 - 23:04

Trine 2 was all right from what I played of it on 360. No criticisms of it from me.

I'm actually agreeing with andyman on the aspects of The Wonderful 101 that he critised - the difficulty spikes, accessibility and level length just about wrecked it. The controls were maddening too; there's no way it would have played as obtusely as that on any other console. The rest of it is grand though, and went a long way in concealing it's flaws. I'll have to return to it one day, as I felt that I abandoned it a bit too quickly after Rayman Legends came out a short while later.

Andyman should be flushed down a big, giant toilet for the way he's talking about Super Mario Maker though. Scandalous behaviour.

EDIT: I think my list was a fair reflection on rubbish games. I just checked it there - Chasing Aurora being the 'best' with a (far too generous) Metacritic of 64, and the four others having an average score of 50 or less.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 3 EmptyWed 9 Dec 2015 - 9:10

The Awesomedude Award for Best Character in a Wii U Game

In Fourth Place:

Joint Fourth Place:

Yet Another Fourth Place:

Third Place:

Second Place:

First Place:

Failed to Place:

My Own Thoughts:

Please vote in Stage 2.

Last edited by Balladeer on Wed 9 Dec 2015 - 15:09; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added the Honourable Mentions)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 3 EmptyWed 9 Dec 2015 - 10:06

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Trine 2 was all right from what I played of it on 360. No criticisms of it from me.

EDIT: I think my list was a fair reflection on rubbish games. I just checked it there - Chasing Aurora being the 'best' with a (far too generous) Metacritic of 64, and the four others having an average score of 50 or less.

My highest on Meta is Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark with 38, actual rubbish games like you list Cappa but then it's own fault that we've bought and played these rubbish games where the other's haven't.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 3 EmptyWed 9 Dec 2015 - 11:29

Good to see the factual best Link get some recognition (even if I'm the sole reason he got any)!  Grin
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 3 EmptyWed 9 Dec 2015 - 14:03

Some top choices in there & I love that Plague Knight has placed so high, the choices for Pikmin made me laugh too. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 3 EmptyWed 9 Dec 2015 - 14:16

None of my contributions got any other votes, sniff.  Of the ones I didn't vote for, Brittany, Croaker, and Cilia are ones I feel I want to get to know better.  Also, I've put in some honourable mentions, slightly late.

Jimbob wrote:
In short, we have the same problem as Metacritic. We haven't all played the actual worst games on the system. This is really the "most disappointing games".

If only someone had typed something like this in the OP... Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 3 EmptyWed 9 Dec 2015 - 15:29

Rock Pikmin was robbed!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 3 EmptyWed 9 Dec 2015 - 18:48

And which sexy, valiant and knowledgeable forumite was it that managed to vote for the top three? Hmmm? Hmmmmm? Very Happy For a company whose main characters are hardly characters at all, that's not a bad spread. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 3 EmptyWed 9 Dec 2015 - 20:49

A well deserved win for Bae there. I absolutely love her, she's what makes her games so good.

I'd disagree that Nintendo are poor at characters. They might not have lots of dialogue, but the likes of Mario, Samus and Olimar are overflowing with charisma compared to the generic gruff men in a lot of games.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 3 EmptyWed 9 Dec 2015 - 21:07

Not sure about Mario, but Luigi certainly fits the bill. Meanwhile, Samus is better the less she talks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next