Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo

Go down 
+13
Jimbob
NintenDUCK
Athrun888
gjones
shanks
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
JayMoyles
Muss
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Balladeer
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 6 EmptySun 20 Nov 2016 - 16:03

I remember quite enjoying Super 8, as my friends and I did used to fancy ourselves filmmakers a bit like that. I think it has been thoroughly outdone in everything it attempted by Stranger Things now, though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 6 EmptyMon 21 Nov 2016 - 10:34

Watched Secret Life of Pets it was standard not quite pixar quality pixar like movie, which is fine for what it is.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 6 EmptyMon 21 Nov 2016 - 11:48

Drunkalilly wrote:
I remember quite enjoying Super 8, as my friends and I did used to fancy ourselves filmmakers a bit like that. I think it has been thoroughly outdone in everything it attempted by Stranger Things now, though.

I really should give Stranger things a watch at some point as I love Sci fi, horror/Supernatural & stuff from the 80's.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 6 EmptyWed 23 Nov 2016 - 22:38

Saw Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. It definitely had more than its fair share of issues - a dull as dishwater supporting cast bar one character, Eddie Redmayne feeling at points like he was auditioning for Doctor Who and another point I'll go into below in a spoiler box - but I came away from it feeling entertained. I enjoyed the expansion of the Wizarding World away from the UK, although the US Wizarding World is nowhere near as well built up and developed as the world shown in the main Harry Potter series, but I suppose they had eight films to do that.

I've heard that they're planning to turn this into a series of sorts, which I can get behind. Although...

End of Movie Spoilers:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 6 EmptyThu 24 Nov 2016 - 11:04

Spoiler:
I didn't hate the supporting cast. I thought the witch-hunters were brilliantly creepy and unpleasant, and Newt's little group of friends were likeable. I also made the Doctor Who connection. Eddie is a cracking doctor in some parallel dimension somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 6 EmptyThu 24 Nov 2016 - 12:50

Just finished my traditional watch of Die Hard 4. I watched the first half on Tuesday evening but then I stopped to podcast with the boys.

I've mentioned elsewhere how I picked up Pokémon Pearl on the way home from watching this film at the cinema and it's now become a big part of my ritual when a new Pokémon game launches.

It's also a fun film! The leads are likeable, the bad guys a dick and the action is silly and over-the-top but it doesn't have any robots or dragons or superheroes, just a tough cop and some explosions.

Plotwise, it's obviously really dumb. I think this film is where Donald Trump got all his information about "the cyber". The film knows it, though. Everything is from the point of view of McClane, to whom all this computer stuff is magic. He just knows how to punch and shoot and stop the baddies.

Naturally, it isn't even close to the original Die Hard. In that film, the reason it was hard to make him die is that he was smart and scrappy. The baddies talked the police out of leaving, so he threw a body of the roof. He's trapped on a roof, so he ties a hose round his waste and jumps off. It was a tightly made, incredibly tense action film with the best villain ever. This one had a bit of that, but by upping the scale the viewer isn't as along for the ride. There are a few moments where it feels more like John is just landing in the one spot to avoid some CGI nonsense.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 6 EmptyThu 24 Nov 2016 - 16:04

I watched the 2016 Ghostbusters yesterday, I was going in with low expectations and it turned to be alright.

Not a patch on the OG but still a good watch whilst playing Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 6 EmptyThu 24 Nov 2016 - 17:33

I really like the new Ghostbusters. It was definitely better than Ghostbusters 2 . . .
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 6 EmptyThu 24 Nov 2016 - 18:02

I really enjoyed it and I hated the original Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 6 EmptyThu 24 Nov 2016 - 20:10

Yup, I've asked for Ghostbusters (2016) for Christmas. It's got my favourite cinema moment of the year in it (when Holtzmann kicks ass - you know the bit I mean).
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 6 EmptyThu 24 Nov 2016 - 21:30

Drunkalilly wrote:
I thought the witch-hunters were brilliantly creepy and unpleasant

Really? I found them a bit hammy all told and...

Fantastic Beasts Spoilers:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 6 EmptyFri 25 Nov 2016 - 17:14

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I really enjoyed it and I hated the original Thumbs Up!

Ban him from the forum for ever
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 6 EmptyFri 25 Nov 2016 - 17:30

I can do you a seven second ban, but that's yer lot.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 6 EmptyFri 25 Nov 2016 - 17:36

It's a really badly dated film though, as someone who only watched it 2-3 years ago and didn't grow up in the 80s I really feel I missed out on anything that people like about the film.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 6 EmptyTue 29 Nov 2016 - 0:30

I can't wait for Andy in fifty years time:

Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 6 New-back-in-my-day-guy_fb_242044
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 6 EmptyFri 16 Dec 2016 - 16:44

I saw this little film called Rogue One last night and it was F'Ing brilliant

Deadpool
Zootopia
10 Cloverfield Lane
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Captain America: Civil War
X-Men: Apocalypse
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
Independence Day: Resurgence
The Secret Life of Pets
Ghostbusters
Star Trek Beyond
Suicide Squad
Doctor Strange
Rogue One

Those are all the films I saw that came out this and most are decent with only ID4: R being the only real bad one out of them as even the DC films are sort of enjoyable to watch once.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 6 EmptySat 17 Dec 2016 - 18:04

Yer man Zero is back in from Moana. It's undeniably beautiful - the water looks fabulous at every stage. The script can't quite keep up, though, and the leads can't carry it either. Shame - Disney were on a real hit-streak.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 6 EmptySun 18 Dec 2016 - 15:10

Rouge one, it 'twas alright I guess
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 6 EmptySun 18 Dec 2016 - 18:32

I watched Black Mass on sky go last night, Johnny Depp's performance was absolutely fantastic but the rest of it felt very by the numbers for a crime/gangster film.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 6 EmptyMon 19 Dec 2016 - 15:13

Watched Finding Dory last night and wasn't the impressed by it especially watching Zootopia this year.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 6 EmptyMon 19 Dec 2016 - 15:21

Aye, Finding Dory is a nice film, it is enjoyable but almost totally unexciting, much like most other Pixar sequels. It's quite sad when you think that their line up currently has a lot of sequels in it (Cars 3, Toy Story 4, Incredibles 2).

Not sure I've said anywhere, but I really liked Rogue One and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what other Star Wars Stories they decide to tell.

Moana was pretty great, though I thought the songs were somewhat lacking, often felt they were building to a climax that never came.

Fantastic Beasts was pretty good, looking forward to more from that world.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 6 EmptyMon 19 Dec 2016 - 23:07

I liked Rogue One - the first third wasn't fantastic, and concerned me with how much fanservice it was throwing at you. My fears was allayed with the remaining two thirds of the film, especially the mind-blowingly brilliant final act. Top stuff. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 6 EmptyTue 20 Dec 2016 - 20:48

I really enjoyed Rogue One.

Vague, but y'know:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 6 EmptyTue 27 Dec 2016 - 15:41

One of the presents I bought my sister was a copy of Nine Lives, which we watched on Christmas afternoon.
It was pretty good you know! Not the funniest film, and fairly predictable, but fun and watchable and surprisingly heartfelt and deep. Kevin Spacey is amazing even as a cat.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 6 EmptyTue 27 Dec 2016 - 15:43

We watched The Artist again over Christmas. Really good film. Dog is best character, natch. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo
Page 6 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next