Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread

Go down 
+13
Treesmurf
Muss
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
EofGizmo
Buskalilly
fronkhead
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri 6 Apr 2018 - 21:30

I didn’t like Mutant Mudds either - in fact, it would feature in my Bottom 10 2D platformers. It had a sweet gimmick and did nothing with it, properly nothing. If I were feeling cruel, I would suggest that it’s been funded by the man’s friends and family. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 17 EmptySat 7 Apr 2018 - 2:04

Glad to see that there's a GNamer consensus about Chicken Wiggle/Mutant Mudds,/Xeodrifter. They're by-the-numbers bollocks right enough - there's no time for this riff-raff when there's so many other legitimately good games out there just begging to get played. If I were some sort of Careers Adviser ( 😉 ), I'd recommend that Jools Watsham does something else for a living.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 17 EmptySat 7 Apr 2018 - 12:19

People must like his games though to get backed and the comments on the NLife article seem fairly positive. I still disagree with Balla, on the 3DS sure he shouldn't have thrown a hissy fit but at the time and even now you look at Image & Form with SteamWorld Dig 2 is a viable platform, that is more likely what you guys are saying on here that it was a bad game and why it didn't sell.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 17 EmptySun 8 Apr 2018 - 10:44

I'd like to, like a 12 year old in the playground, commit to an opinion I already know is popular: I love me a retro platformer, but Mutant Mudds always looked dull as anything. Shovel Knight can be a retro platformer because the gameplay is very well designed - the movement etc; that chap with the glasses jumps in a very "basic" manner - it's a bit Amiga-y, if you know what I mean. But I remember the chap kicking up a fuss, as you mentioned, implying that it was Nintendo's fault that people preferred Super Mario Maker.
I look forward to him joining the forum in 3 months time, now that I've badmouthed him.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 17 EmptySun 8 Apr 2018 - 20:35

I'm pretty sure he'd take one look at this thread and try to have us all shut down or something.

I stand by what I said, Mas - it may not be a dead machine to Nintendo, but I reckon is to indies pretty much. SWD2 had two (I think?) predecessors on the machine, so it's building off those - it has that advantage.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 17 EmptyMon 9 Apr 2018 - 15:47

Nothing to add on the aforementioned games - I've not played them, but I'll be unlikely to ever play them if you guys are so scathing about them. It's rare that GNamer drops any level of vitriol on a game! Shocked

Jimbob wrote:
I look forward to him joining the forum in 3 months time, now that I've badmouthed him.

I enjoyed this. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 17 EmptyMon 9 Apr 2018 - 17:07

I've never even heard of those games, but it sounds like even if they cropped up for free with a psn sub, I'd not even bother to add them to my library. I don't have enough time to play all the good games I want to play, let alone stuff that doesn't hook me in fast!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 17 EmptyMon 9 Apr 2018 - 21:00

I'm in a position where I'm actively looking for stuff to play at the moment... but it still wouldn't be these games. Nah nah!

JayMoyles wrote:
Jimbob wrote:

I enjoyed this. Laughing

What's this a reference to? I remember this actually happening, but I can't remember who with. Eh?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 17 EmptyMon 9 Apr 2018 - 21:05

On the stuff to play, have you looked what was in the Top 50 or whatever it was of Switch games then had a look at what you've not played or metacritic at the top games of the couple hundred games on Switch.

Last edited by masofdas on Mon 9 Apr 2018 - 21:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 17 EmptyMon 9 Apr 2018 - 21:06

Balladeer wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
Jimbob wrote:

I enjoyed this. Laughing

What's this a reference to?  I remember this actually happening, but I can't remember who with. Eh?

Darren Kerwin, the Metroid man.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 17 EmptyMon 9 Apr 2018 - 21:20

Ah yes, I thought as much.  Thank you for the confirmations!

masofdas wrote:
On the stuff to play, have you looked what was in the Top 50 or whatever it was of Switch games then had a look at what you've not played or metacritic at the top games of the couple hundred games on Switch?

That's probably where I'll go to if I ever do hit rock bottom, but I know that your average gamer or critic's views are normally very different from my own.  Again: picky.  It is the option of last resort though.

Also, there's more community aspect to gaming if I pick something y'all enjoy.  I like that community aspect.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue 10 Apr 2018 - 16:40

I get that I've said it myself with likes of DOOM, Undertale, Dark Souls even though I may buy and play on something that isn't the Switch, I would play around the time (okay I didn't with DOOM) of the Switch release if that is when most people are going to play it.

I also think even though I can tell you 220 odd games have come out this year for Switch and you could do what I said about looking at Metacritic or something but should you have to? This is where the store needs to be curated in some way that you can find the games you would like be it suggestions or an editor choice section or something.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue 10 Apr 2018 - 20:27

The store definitely needs some form of curation, no doubt about that. I'd question how many of those 220 games are even slightly memorable. Probably half (give or take) are from RCMADIAX and the like.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed 11 Apr 2018 - 11:19

Even if 25% are 7+ out of 10 games and the rest is rubbish it's finding those 55 good games that might be worth playing and how many get lost in the 20+ releases some weeks.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed 11 Apr 2018 - 11:40

I'm less inclined to bother to find or find out about those 55 good games - they could do with calming down the eShop releases a bit. There's too much, all the time. I'm definitely wanting to see some form of curation.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed 11 Apr 2018 - 11:48

The eShop is definitely one of the more awkward stores to navigate, but what kind of curation do you expect? The PS Store has the star review system and that's totally useless. At the end of the day reviews & word of mouth are the only way you're ever going to get to the bottom of a digital shop, these are hundreds of individual game devs putting out their titles when they can, you can't restrict or police that without just blocking games which just costs them money.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed 11 Apr 2018 - 11:56

PSN does have the Just for You section and sure it's not great but it's something along with featured titles and another thing I thought about you've got things like PlayStation Access who have a out this week video but don't show everything, just what are meant to be the better or bigger games that week.

Xbox has similar with featured games on the store and Xbox On going through new titles, why can't Nintendo do this with Nintendo Minute or with someone from the Treehouse and go these are the 5 games to keep a eye on this week.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed 11 Apr 2018 - 12:47

I don't think they want to be seen as playing favourites too much maybe? Also on the PS store that's barely any better as a service that is comfortable to browse, lost count the number of times I've actually searched a game by name and it hasn't shown up.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed 11 Apr 2018 - 19:26

I'd like to see them playing favourites to an extent, to be honest - at least when it comes to games like that fecking meme runner, anyway. Nobody would have been worse off if they'd turned that away at the door.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri 13 Apr 2018 - 12:24

Spotted Oxenfree was £3.99 so I nabbed that with some gold points. I remember people, including our own Masofdas, raving about it on XBox a year or so ago.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri 13 Apr 2018 - 13:53

Graceful explosion machine is only a fiver as well.

---

Anyone on here took a punt on that Rogue Aces?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri 13 Apr 2018 - 15:00

I forgot to mention, I also downloaded the Demo for Deep Ones, a ZX-Spectrum style game inspired by the works of Lovecraft.

The_Jaster wrote:
Anyone on here took a punt on that Rogue Aces?

No, the name rings a bell though. I must have seen/ heard someone mention it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri 13 Apr 2018 - 18:53

The_Jaster wrote:
Graceful explosion machine is only a fiver as well.

May have taken advantage of that one, Jas. More on that story later! Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri 13 Apr 2018 - 20:07

Drunkalilly wrote:
I forgot to mention, I also downloaded the Demo for Deep Ones, a ZX-Spectrum style game inspired by the works of Lovecraft.

I've heard it's a great game, until you get to that awkward white supremacy cut-scene...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri 13 Apr 2018 - 20:27

Drunkalilly wrote:
Spotted Oxenfree was £3.99 so I nabbed that with some gold points. I remember people, including our own Masofdas, raving about it on XBox a year or so ago.

I'm surprised I've not played it on Xbox as well as my playthrough on PS4 and Switch, it was really high on my Top 10 Switch games and I think I gave it to number 1 eShop title.

It's an odd game as I've sort of reviewed twice and gone it's okay to play but after I play it and think about it, I'm super stoked to tell anyone that will listen to me to buy it.

I think you'll like the follow-up game in 2019 Afterparty which is set in hell and you have out drink the devil or something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next