Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread

Go down 
+13
Treesmurf
Muss
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
EofGizmo
Buskalilly
fronkhead
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 EmptyFri 13 Apr 2018 - 23:41

ZeroJones wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
Graceful explosion machine is only a fiver as well.

May have taken advantage of that one, Jas. More on that story later! Grin

Nice! I hope you enjoy it. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 EmptySat 14 Apr 2018 - 4:47

I played through the Deep Ones demo in bed last night.

It has a really different visual style. I've seen lots of Indy games ape the NES and SNES but this is the first one I've seen imitate that microcomputer look with the hollow sprites and the neon colours. It doesn't look like an actual Spectrum game, it moves much more smoothly and has small details and dynamic lighting and things, but it uses the aesthetic really well. It gives the game an unusual feeling, like something from a forgotten time.

Although it is far smoother than any actual game from the era, it is still stiff and awkward compared to a modern 2D platformer. It doesn't demand anything like a Celeste, but there was one challenge which involved jumping on bubbles which required me to master the rhythm of landing and jumping again. For the most part, though, the obstacles and challenges required deliberate, slow movement rather than lightning reflexes.

What I played mostly consisted of exploring basic underwater caverns with natural enemies like fish, crabs and so on. Apart from the opening cinematic featuring a terrifying kraken face, there wasn't much to hint at a supernatural or horror element. Despite this, it did a tremendous job of capturing the dread of the bottom of the sea. Mostly this was down to the soundtrack.

Where the visuals and gameplay pay homage to retro games, the soundtrack is more like a classic sci-fi or horror game. Deep, bassy synths growing more and more ominous, with electro beats. It was like Blade Runner or John Carpenter. Really interesting stuff.

I can see myself purchasing this eventually, I really can!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 EmptySat 14 Apr 2018 - 10:01

I genuinely tried to look up whether there was a controversial cutscene in the game! Damnit Balla! Laughing But if it looks like an old thing, it automatically has me a bit interested.
Speaking of which... having not bought one since 2008, I'm having a Football Manager Touch panic attack. Given that it's not as full-blown, do I get the Switch version. Or is that a good thing in fact?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 EmptySat 14 Apr 2018 - 10:54

I managed to get a review code for FMT18 yesterday and started a game unemployed, took the Southampton job and then went to bed.

I've been playing a lot of FM17 on PC and lot's of differences standout right away like only able to have 3 nations running at a time, where on FM17 I've got all the European leagues top flight and second tier at least running.

I went for England, Scotland and Germany and could have 14 (?) League's running between them, and you get a star rating on how well the game will run that I can't see why I can't just pick leagues and have Premiership, SPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Championship, Eredevise running instead for instance.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon 16 Apr 2018 - 20:22

I caved in and bought it! The three leagues thing is the only limitation I've seen so far. It's more complex than I remember, but simpler too - it's a bit more logical in terms of explaining what its options mean (looking at you, PES). Already at work I was subconsciously thinking about fullbacks...
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon 16 Apr 2018 - 22:13

Football Manager Touch is tempting, but I'd be too hooked on it. Good to see it on Nintendo though, as it's bound to be a big hit - I always thought they should have ported it to Wii and DS back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 EmptyWed 18 Apr 2018 - 22:11

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Football Manager Touch is tempting, but I'd be too hooked on it.
Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 Bc3
Tring to finish Mario... by lumping the ball forward for Ighalo to run onto... *passes out*
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 EmptySun 22 Apr 2018 - 22:00

Football Manager Touch is a great get for Nintendo - I've already heard some of the folks at work talking about it and showing an interest on picking up a Switch. If Nintendo or any big games stores had a lick of sense, I'd get FIFA and FM bundled together with a Switch, pronto.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 EmptySun 22 Apr 2018 - 22:05

GAME has got a big display of FMT2018 eShop cards in both stores near me, almost soon as you walk, so someone has thought about promoting it.

They said it would never come to a Nintendo system but finally, after 25 years it arrives this year on Switch:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 EmptySun 22 Apr 2018 - 22:08

I've never played Night Trap so I could be talking out my arse here, but I was under the impression that the game still maintains cult status as it's a bit shite but generated heaps of controversy back in the 90s. If I'm right, then fair enough if you want to buy a copy as a curio if you're into it, but I can't say it'll entice me or any other newcomers to the game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 EmptySun 22 Apr 2018 - 22:18

Part of the controversy back in the day was why it wasn't ever going to be on a Nintendo system when the ESRB was being set up etc as Nintendo didn't want those sort of games on their system (now you can have meme runner on a Nintendo system). It is awful in it's so bad it's good way, you just need to watch the video to see that.

I'm yet to pick it up on anything as I wanted a physical version but missed out on the PS4 run and Limited Run are going to do a Switch version.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 EmptySun 22 Apr 2018 - 22:23

Aye, saw Scullion tweeting about that.

Ach, not for me in the least but more power to you if you pick up a copy. I like Limited Run for what they do for indie devs, so if it's supporting them then fair enough!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon 23 Apr 2018 - 19:38

Scullion loves it because it's bad, I think. It's the game equivalent of an entertaining B-movie for those who enjoy it.

I won't be touching it with a barge pole, but it's nice to have the option, hey!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon 23 Apr 2018 - 19:46

I love it as well and thinking about it, be like watching something on a portable DVD player back in day.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu 26 Apr 2018 - 20:46

This might be a moderately good week for me. I'm tentatively interested in Saturday Morning RPG, and Jotun was one I always meant to look into on the Wii U but never got around to it. Meanwhile Light Fall also looked moderately interesting in the Nindies Showcase.

Anyone else keen? Full list of games is here.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu 26 Apr 2018 - 21:17

I'd say go for SMRPG if you'll get a kick out of the references - that seems to be a big part of its appeal.

I'd say go for Jotun if you'll get a kick out of Frost Giants - that seems to be a big part of its appeal over SMRPG as it looks like the safer bet. That art is lush, too!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu 26 Apr 2018 - 21:21

JayMoyles wrote:
I'd say go for SMRPG...

Aw mate, don't do that. You got me excited. Sad

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 Maxresdefault
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu 26 Apr 2018 - 21:24

You'll get this and you'll like it. Twisted Evil

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 Latest?cb=20161214221445
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu 26 Apr 2018 - 21:25

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 Latest?cb=20120916184143
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu 26 Apr 2018 - 21:55

What's that now 120 games in April for Switch?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu 26 Apr 2018 - 21:58

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 636288873652385216-AP-Texas-Lingering-Drought
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu 26 Apr 2018 - 22:51

Balladeer wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
I'd say go for SMRPG...

Aw mate, don't do that.  You got me excited. Sad

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 Giphy

SMRG.....I mean SMRPG.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 EmptyFri 27 Apr 2018 - 16:48

Got on the Football Manager train too and I'm glad it's not the full version, I'm already struggling to keep track of it as it is, took me about 10 games to realise how to promote players from my reserves.

Started unemployed as well and eventually took charge of Bognor Regis (no idea how Mas has gone straight in to the Premier League) and managed to remain unbeaten so far, not sure what I'm doing right to be honest but I'll take it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 EmptySat 28 Apr 2018 - 10:09

I only set the 4 professional leagues for England but still, you think I'd would have to take a League 2 job but don't worry too much as I got sacked at Saints and restarted and same happened with Gladbach.

Clearly, my skills with FM17 on PC haven't transferred over.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu 3 May 2018 - 20:17

Oh dear. I can only suggest starting with no-hopers in an unbalanced league; in China, the few allowed foreigners are 100 times better than the majority of the locals. I'm mid-table currently, using the tactic of "hoof it up to Ighalo".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next