Where we remember the Battle of the Alarmo

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)

Go down 
+15
fronkhead
gjones
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Solve My Maze
Buskalilly
EofGizmo
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
masofdas
Muss
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 EmptyFri 26 May 2017 - 23:51

I doubt I'll play as much as the rest of you so playing a support dude makes sense to me. Plus its the sort of barmy thing you just don't see on other games
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 EmptySat 27 May 2017 - 10:52

So we don't annoy Balla with this MonHan chat, I went a made a thread.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 EmptySat 27 May 2017 - 12:23

masofdas wrote:
So we don't annoy Balla with this MonHan chat, I went a made a thread.

Tbh I was going to hold off on a thread because of 2 reasons: 1. No EU release date yet & 2. Not all of the forum is into the series so MH threads don't always see a lot of discussion.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 EmptySat 27 May 2017 - 12:37

I guess but we have things like the Disgaea 5 thread which will never be used again at least this will be at some point, hopefully after E3 or we import it which I'm very much tempted to do.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 EmptySat 27 May 2017 - 20:49

The_Jaster wrote:
masofdas wrote:
I will charge in with my longsword (I won't actually use a longsword).

Using a longsword is a good way to annoy me, had to deal with all three of the monster mash lads using one at one point. Laughing  

When did I use one? Confused

I think I tried it in the demo, but I don't think I used it in the main game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 EmptySun 28 May 2017 - 18:33

JayMoyles wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
masofdas wrote:
I will charge in with my longsword (I won't actually use a longsword).

Using a longsword is a good way to annoy me, had to deal with all three of the monster mash lads using one at one point. Laughing  

When did I use one? Confused

I think I tried it in the demo, but I don't think I used it in the main game.

I think ye used one super early on (1 or 2 hunts) but changed when you seen both Andy & Luke were using them.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 EmptyMon 29 May 2017 - 19:30

The_Jaster wrote:
2. Not all of the forum is into the series so MH threads don't always see a lot of discussion.

I made a post!  It might not be the only one I make!

In other news, I had a weekend with the girlfriend, two randomers, and four almost-randomers over the last four days.  Mario Kart 8 Deluxe got its first outing Saturday evening.  We tottered down Sunday morning and people were playing; we tottered up Sunday evening and people were playing.  Local multiplayer is not dead, and I reckon the Switch could really help keep it that way.

The only thing was that I forgot two of the things that slide onto the Joy-Cons for sideways play, so two people were always having the tiny irritating shoulder buttons. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 EmptyMon 29 May 2017 - 21:32

I read a post on Twitter about somebody who brought the Switch to a social gathering with USFII and people were genuinely into the Switch. Crazy stuff - Nintendo might just have revived the ailing local multiplayer scene.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 EmptyMon 29 May 2017 - 21:40

I'd hope to see that Nintendo do. Just three months in, the Switch already hosts versions of some of the best local multiplayer games ever, like Street Fighter II, Bomberman, Mario Kart and Metal Slug. They'll always be good in local multiplayer, they're timeless with other folk playing.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 20:27

I reckon it could do well at that, simply because (even with the dock) it's small, the Joy-Cons are small, and it's just easy to lug about.

I think it probably needs a few more four-player games though. Cappa, I thought you had impolite words to say about Bombers on Switch?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 21:08

By all accounts, they've patched it to a reasonable level of play now. I'd still be loathe to recommend it though, especially at anything more than £15.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 21:09

Not that they should be selling USFII for more than that either. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 21:10

Welcome to Nintendo Switch, where the classics cost more than they did when they rolled around the first time. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 21:11

Well if the cheapest carts cost $10 like rumors have said, you can sort of understand paying a bit of premium but not not as much as were seeing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 23:05

I had some quality multiplayer sessions in the work canteen. Mario Kart two-player, any time, anywhere, is priceless.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 19:35

Now imagine that x2. Very Happy (Or x4 if the damn signal works...)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 20:16

SPEAKING OF WHICH
Anyone seen that Nintendo competition where you can win some Joy Con and that by sending in a picture playing in tabletop mode?
All up in here
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 EmptyThu 1 Jun 2017 - 18:00

Very Nintendo, I think as not all of us will get these headphones or a adapter and seeing we don't even use the chat on PS4 for likes Overwatch, we will be keeping Skype in business.
A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 Large
A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 DBObG3lUIAAucVI

Some news that Lost Sphear a JRPG from Tokyo Factory (I Am Setsuna) will be coming to Switch and getting a physical version and so will the indiegogo funded Invisible.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 EmptyThu 1 Jun 2017 - 19:09

I'd like to point out that these are made by Hori & only licensed by Nintendo so the whole "Nintendo don't get it" reason is ridiculous in my opinion. Yes it isn't the most ideal set up but again it seems as if folk are out to complain like they don't have other alternatives.
One more thing - I don't think it's going to as unwieldy as some people think it is either, look at how much space a Switch takes up on a desk/entertainment unit there's more than enough room to lay your phone & that splitter next to it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 EmptyThu 1 Jun 2017 - 19:16

Yeah they are from Hori like the Micro SD cards but seems that's who Nintendo have partnered with on these things. These images I posted are from Nintendo accounts and the headphones will be a item in Splatoon 2, seems rather official to me and we knew we were going to have use a App on a phone.

We will likely use a alternative method then this, though.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 EmptyThu 1 Jun 2017 - 19:19

Yeah I just don't get the uproar over it tbh as it's literally one extra step compared to plugging in a usb headset.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 EmptyThu 1 Jun 2017 - 20:29

ONE EXTRA STEP?! Hissy fit But my busy lifestyle...! DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 7:42

Indeed, friends, it is a DoPo - but I bring this news to the forum. More details on Nintendo's paid online service are waiting for you behind that link (no, not that Link), including the news that it will launch in 2018 instead of this autumn.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 7:56

That's good news & shows they are listening, I especially like this part:

Quote :
Subscribers will get to download a compilation of classic titles with added online play, such as Super Mario Bros. 3, Balloon Fight and Dr. Mario.

Quote :
Balloon Fight

Quote :
online play

Quote :
classic titles with added online play, such as Balloon Fight

Also this:

Quote :
Nintendo confirmed that this monthly plan has indeed changed, telling Kotaku: “Nintendo Switch Online subscribers will have ongoing access to a library of classic games with added online play. Users can play as many of the games as they want, as often as they like, as long as they have an active subscription.”
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 8:22

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 Tenor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next