Where we remember the Battle of the Alarmo

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
masofdas
Muss
Crumpy Andy
gjones
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
Rum
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
Jimbob
The_Jaster
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 9 EmptyThu 4 Oct 2018 - 19:34

Luckily if we're saying post-GC generation I can still count all the HD remakes on PS e.g. Jak and Daxter, Sly Raccoon, Ratchet and Clank Razz

If we're talking Nintendo only, Poi is the most recent I had lots of fun with
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 9 EmptyThu 4 Oct 2018 - 20:54

I've not played Sly, but out of the Jak/Ratchet games, I think I could honestly only count the first Jak games as a 3D platformer in the vein of Mario, Banjo and chums as the Ratchet series plus the latter two Jak games lean too much towards an action game in my books. But that's getting into genre semantics, I suppose, which is never fun! So let's just leave it at "I agree". Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 9 EmptyThu 4 Oct 2018 - 20:59

Genuinely not sure why I wasn't aware of Poi, that looks class! They still feel few and far between, though - and I'm not sure I count ports. Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 9 EmptyFri 5 Oct 2018 - 3:32

Sly, Ratchet and Jak are all fun games, but the fun is rarely in the platforming. Stealth and punching and shooting aplenty, but never that phenomenal Mario movement.

Heck, I'll tell you what the best nontendo 3D platformer is: Titanfall 2.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 9 EmptyFri 5 Oct 2018 - 13:47

The first Jak and Daxter is pretty much a perfect 3D platformer. II and 3 as said branch out into a lot of other genres, but there are still platforming segments that are right up there in both. Daxter on the PSP is a return to classic 3D platforming and does it wonderfully, and The Lost Frontier definitely has more of a vibe of the original game too.

Sly is all about platforming and is wonderfully unique with it's tightrope walking and pole jumping. 4 is often overlooked I feel as a brilliant 3D platformer on the PS3/Vita.

Ratchet I'll give you is as much about the weapons as the jumping, but that doesn't mean there isn't fun platforming to be found within.

Titanfall 2 has wonderful traversal and I get your point, but it's obviously not the same kind of game Razz

@Balla, Poi is visually unpolished but the core gameplay they nailed. If you don't mind the rough looks (and for me it makes up for that immediately with the floating islands and airships aesthetic) there is a very good Mario 64 style courses game to be played.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 9 EmptyFri 5 Oct 2018 - 18:06

Clearly, you all need to get on Super Lucky's Tale.

I just think at a time we had lot's of 3D platformers, then FPS and now Open-World Action RPG type deal games, then it be (or kinda is) Battle Royales etc
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 9 EmptyFri 5 Oct 2018 - 21:52

I can't quite be as enthused about Jak and Daxter - it was good, but there were certain bits (vehicles) that were pad-snappingly frustrating.

Still better than Donkey Kong 64 though.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 9 EmptySun 7 Oct 2018 - 17:52

Waking up to find a dying pigeon on your front doorstep that's flapping around in its own moist droppings is better than DK64, let's be fair.

Okay, that's an exaggeration, but I still remember how DK64 was heralded (by N64 Magazine no less) as being better than Banjo, playing it, and finding a minigame-spewing hot mess as opposed to the world-beater I was hoping for. Plus: Candy Kong in 3D. No
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 9 EmptyMon 8 Oct 2018 - 12:50

Jimbob wrote:
I can't quite be as enthused about Jak and Daxter - it was good, but there were certain bits (vehicles) that were pad-snappingly frustrating.

aka the best parts B)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 9 EmptyFri 12 Oct 2018 - 20:46

Yo-Kai Watch 4: Xenoblade in a Small Village looks chuffing excellent.

Real-time battles! The last game's hero, grown up! Rip the heart out of the Colossal Titan! Localisation some time this century please? Skip YKW3, this is the one I need.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 9 EmptyWed 7 Nov 2018 - 21:19

GRcade recently asked what people wanted to see from the Switch in 2019, and I thought I'd bring that question here! Any big ideas? I've copy-pasted my list from GRcade below, should anybody care to read it:

List o' things:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 9 EmptyWed 7 Nov 2018 - 21:32

I think with the rumoured Pro Switch, will be no different to PS4 Pro or One X and not like the DSi or New 3DS which have exclusive games, Nintendo can't be that stupid to do it for a 3rd time.

On what I want, well as someone who's thought about flogging my Switch a few times in 2018 and maybe played it for 25hrs at the most, I just want games.

Nintendo looks like they'll have that with Travis Strikes Again, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing which I'd like to see get a decent online component, Pokémon Gen 8, Luigi's Mansion 3, hopefully Bayonetta 3, TOWN and so on

They just need dating
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 9 EmptyWed 7 Nov 2018 - 22:29

Balladeer wrote:
Metroid Prime 4 to come out next year, and to be more like MP1 than MP2 or (God forbid) MP3.  Loneliness, selectable beams, varied environments, and more loneliness.  If there must be the odd NPC, make them like Hollow Knight's - crucially, not fully voice-acted.  Gandrayda anyone? Rolling Eyes

This x 1000. I want an adventure like MP1 where there's little in the way of character interaction beyond a few bits of lore. Maybe tone it back on the scanning too, lads?

Balladeer wrote:
Daemon x Machina to be chuffing brilliant.  It looks like it could be.  I just hope it is.

I'll add to this and hope that it's the business in multiplayer too. I'd love for a co-op title like this to really take off.

Balladeer wrote:
No proper new Pokémon, not next year.  Let's Go! will have just arrived, and I for one would like them to space out the Poké-offerings.  I suspect they won't be able to resist the lure of money, but that's what I'd like.

I think you'll be out of luck for this one - we've had a new Pokémon game every single year for ages now, and I reckon next year's will be Gen VIII.

Balladeer wrote:
Smash season pass content fully out before year end.  I won't insist on any specific characters, but I do want to see them all!  Yes I'm greedy.

I think you're confirmed to be out of luck on this one too! I'm certain I spotted a bit of small print when they were chatting about the fighter pass that mentioned it'll be releasing throughout next year through to Spring 2020.

With Mas talking about Fire Emblem, I'll throw my hat in the ring to chat about that one and mention that I really hope they tone it down with the waifu plague that's been corrupting FE in recent years and remove child units entirely. It made Fates a slog to play through. Take FE in a new direction with its game mechanics while keeping the tone of FE prior to Awakening and I'll be a happy man.

I'd love to see AA7 announced too alongside a 2D Zelda. ALBW is so damn good and I want to get my hands on an adventure like that again.

Oh, and I feel I'd be letting you all down if I didn't mention that MOTHER 3 BETTER BLOODY COME TO THE WEST NEXT YEAR NINTENDO.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 9 EmptyThu 8 Nov 2018 - 0:37

More of the same, Switch is ace. I just want to sort out wi-fi and a TV in my place, and find the time to play more!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 9 EmptyThu 8 Nov 2018 - 11:24

Been chat elsewhere on what Nintendo are bringing out in 2019 and looking it's these:

Animal Crossing 2019
Daemon X Machina 2019
Fire Emblem: Three Houses Q2 2019
Luigi's Mansion 3 2019
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe January 11th
Pokémon 2019, it's on the financials sorry Balla
TOWN 2019
Yoshi's Crafted World Q1 2019

Decent few games and of course Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4 are both listed as TBA

That really it's just dates for me on those as I'd love Fire Emblem in March, Luigi in October and those are games I can't get elsewhere (well part from NSMBU) and sorry I'm one of those guys that plays Nintendo for Nintendo games but I am.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 9 EmptyThu 8 Nov 2018 - 21:18

I mean that's very far from bad, a couple of real killers there! And that's just what we know about. I'm not salty about Pokémon coming out in 2019 - oh no, more good games sooner! Drama queen I just think some spacing would have worked, but if Pokémon Sweet/Sour come out at the end of 2019 I'll probably have forgotten my fun adventures with Eevee.

JayMoyles wrote:
With Mas talking about Fire Emblem, I'll throw my hat in the ring to chat about that one and mention that I really hope they tone it down with the waifu plague that's been corrupting FE in recent years and remove child units entirely. It made Fates a slog to play through. Take FE in a new direction with its game mechanics while keeping the tone of FE prior to Awakening and I'll be a happy man.

masofdas wrote:
They just need dating

Two very different points of view there. Winky Face

Drunkailly wrote:
More of the same, Switch is ace. I just want to sort out wi-fi and a TV in my place, and find the time to play more!

I mean, this is very true. I'd like to not have to move around in the week and not have to devote my evenings to stuff, and just get more time to play games!

JayMoyles wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Smash season pass content fully out before year end. I won't insist on any specific characters, but I do want to see them all! Yes I'm greedy.

I think you're confirmed to be out of luck on this one too! I'm certain I spotted a bit of small print when they were chatting about the fighter pass that mentioned it'll be releasing throughout next year through to Spring 2020.

Aw what? Boo I think I find it quite hard to get into my head how much effort it takes to create and balance five characters, because it doesn't feel like it should take that long, but Sakurai's been utterly killing himself getting the game to this point so I'm sure it does.

JayMoyles wrote:
I'd love to see AA7 announced too alongside a 2D Zelda. ALBW is so damn good and I want to get my hands on an adventure like that again.

Apparently they're hiring more people for a new 3D Zelda. While it's obviously right at the start of that process, hopefully we'll get a 2D one to 'fill the gap'?

JayMoyles wrote:
Oh, and I feel I'd be letting you all down if I didn't mention that MOTHER 3 BETTER BLOODY COME TO THE WEST NEXT YEAR NINTENDO.

Okay, I'm going to regret this, but - how would that happen now? Don't forget, we don't have a VC any more, and the nearest thing we do have is a way off GBA titles. There's no 'arcade series' equivalent, and bigger game ports on Switch thus far have all been GC or later. Perhaps a Mother series collection?

Oh also the Switch has YouTube now.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 9 EmptyFri 9 Nov 2018 - 1:55

Balla wrote:
Aw what? Boo I think I find it quite hard to get into my head how much effort it takes to create and balance five characters, because it doesn't feel like it should take that long, but Sakurai's been utterly killing himself getting the game to this point so I'm sure it does.

I imagine they might not even have pinned down who the characters are yet.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 9 EmptyFri 9 Nov 2018 - 21:12

Balladeer wrote:

Okay, I'm going to regret this, but - how would that happen now?  Don't forget, we don't have a VC any more, and the nearest thing we do have is a way off GBA titles.  There's no 'arcade series' equivalent, and bigger game ports on Switch thus far have all been GC or later.  Perhaps a Mother series collection?

I'd say a collection is the most likely, but my personal dream would be something with revamped visuals, perhaps closer to the clay model look they've used in promotional art across the years with the series. Don't get me wrong, it was mostly tongue-in-cheek and as the years go by I grow less and less hopeful of the game ever making its way West, but I'd still like to believe that they might do something with the Mother/Earthbound IP, someday.

The_Jaster wrote:

I imagine they might not even have pinned down who the characters are yet.

Supposedly they have - there was an interview with Sakurai where he spoke about how Nintendo decided the line-up of DLC characters coupled with vetting by himself. As for Balla's bemusement as to why it takes so long, considering they've got to go through a planning stage of how the character actually works as a fighter, design and model the character, create the animations for each move, balance said moves, playtest the character to ensure there's no bugs or animation glitches, record audio for the character and its movesets coupled with recording new tracks for the character and go through the whole design process for a new stage per fighter as well, I think a 2-3 month window per fighter is actually pretty realistic!

I can't see them working with a full development crew either - they'll likely be working with reduced manpower compared to the full game's team.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 9 EmptyFri 9 Nov 2018 - 21:17

Well I suppose it seems reasonable enough when you put it like that... Sulk
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 9 EmptyFri 9 Nov 2018 - 21:21

I think it works out better than Smash 4's DLC timeline too.

We got Mewtwo announced as essentially Smash 4's Piranha Plant in that he's a freebie early into the cycle of the game if you owned both Wii U and 3DS versions. Then two months later we got Ryu, Lucas and Roy on the same day. Then, radio silence for six months until we got Cloud. And then two months later we got Corrin and Bayonetta. I think spreading it out will work a bit better.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 9 EmptyFri 9 Nov 2018 - 21:24

I'll be honest - I'm hoping for a second season pass in 2020. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 9 EmptyFri 9 Nov 2018 - 21:27

Do you want Sakurai to wither away?! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 9 EmptyFri 9 Nov 2018 - 21:34

I'm hoping Nintendo have learned from their mistake with Iwata and have stashed away several 1-Ups for use on Miyamoto and Sakurai.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 9 EmptyFri 9 Nov 2018 - 21:41

I'd quite like for Sakurai to take a break from Smash. This version of Smash is quite clearly going to have legs, and I don't think he's really taken a break between Smash 4 and SSBU. Let's see him tackle another franchise again - the man revived Kid Icarus from extinction, after all.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 9 EmptyFri 9 Nov 2018 - 21:51

METEO- (cut off)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other
Page 9 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 38  Next