Where we remember the Battle of the Alarmo

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion

Go down 
+28
gjones
Solve My Maze
Sentinator
Silver light
Zaphod_B
Vidofnir
Rum
oldschool
Rattlecat
Cube
Dusty Knackers
shanks
Axis1500
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Treesmurf
Kieron
beemoh
fronkhead
mandlecreed
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Admin
Balladeer
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 7 EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 10:43

Jimbob wrote:
I thought the original was like that. *triestogobackintimeto1995* *orlookuponinternet* *cantbearsed*
Apparently it was. I never had a SNES. And I never actually got round to playing Super Metroid on the Wii.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 7 EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 13:53

Loved playing through super metroid on the gamepad, plug in some headphones and your all set to soak in that great atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 7 EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 14:01

Does anyone else find the GamePad screen a bit blurry? Initially I enjoyed playing Sonic Racing Transformed solely on there, but now I mainly only use it for VC games when I can't be bothered to leave the living room and go upstairs to the TV.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 7 EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 14:08

My Wii U's signal can't stretch across storeys. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 7 EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 14:10

My armchair happens to sit directly below the router in the room above, so I got lucky.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 7 EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 14:12

I am wondering where all these indie games are. I keep seeing Kickstarters being announced, indie developers being signed up for Nintendo platforms, but I'm not seeing many actual games.

Nintendo said 20-30 before the end of the year. That now means one every 2-3 days if they're going to keep  their promise.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 7 EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 14:45

Axis1500 wrote:
I am wondering where all these indie games are. I keep seeing Kickstarters being announced, indie developers being signed up for Nintendo platforms, but I'm not seeing many actual games.

Nintendo said 20-30 before the end of the year. That now means one every 2-3 days if they're going to keep  their promise.
Funnily, I was thinking a similar thing yesterday. Maybe they're waiting for the upcoming Christmas rush and XB1/PS4 foofaraw to calm down or something?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 7 EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 16:18

I think folk jumped the gun by saying we'd have that many by the end of the year, don't think it was ever officially confirmed either.
Back to top Go down
Cube

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 7 EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 17:14

Axis1500 wrote:
They haven't been finished yet.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 7 EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 17:48

Boo_the_great wrote:
Does anyone else find the GamePad screen a bit blurry? Initially I enjoyed playing Sonic Racing Transformed solely on there, but now I mainly only use it for VC games when I can't be bothered to leave the living room and go upstairs to the TV.
It does seem to struggle with reds, which appear to be half the resolution of other colours.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 7 EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 20:49

beemoh wrote:
Boo_the_great wrote:
It does seem to struggle with reds, which appear to be half the resolution of other colours.
I've noticed this too -- they seem to be hit most by the compression used by the Wii U before sending the image GamePad-ways.

I've also noticed that some games seem to look worse than others on the GamePad, perhaps down to the variable quality of the video encode that is sent to the GamePad. Sonic Transformed is the worst one I've seen (when playing Off-TV) quality-wise.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 7 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013 - 4:48

fronkhead wrote:
beemoh wrote:
Boo_the_great wrote:
I've noticed this too -- they seem to be hit most by the compression used by the Wii U before sending the image GamePad-ways.

I've also noticed that some games seem to look worse than others on the GamePad, perhaps down to the variable quality of the video encode that is sent to the GamePad. Sonic Transformed is the worst one I've seen (when playing Off-TV) quality-wise.
I'm not sure it's that- I've noticed it on 3DS, too.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 7 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013 - 15:53

This Week

Wii U Virtual Console

Super Castlevania IV £5.49

Wii U Retail Download

Wii Fit U free trial, buy meter to keep after the 31day trail is up

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts

Trine 2: Director's Cut £5.49 until 14th November

Assassin's Creed III £11.99 until 7th November

Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth £11.99 until 7th November

ZombiU £11.99 until 7th November

Resident Evil Revelations £23.99 until 14th November

Rabbids Land £11.99 until 7th November

Sports Connection £11.99 until 7th November

Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 £11.99 until 7th November
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 7 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013 - 15:57

I need to go get a board from GAME, seeing there £7 worth trying at that price.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 7 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013 - 16:09

I've never played Super Castlevania IV before, so I'm quite looking forward to giving it a go. Those are some seriously good prices for Assassin's Creed III and ZombiU if you've not got them already.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 7 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013 - 22:28

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I've never played Super Castlevania IV before, so I'm quite looking forward to giving it a go. Those are some seriously good prices for Assassin's Creed III and ZombiU if you've not got them already.
Indeed to all of that. The best bit about SCIV is its music. You could say it's spookily good *fired from marketing department*
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 7 EmptyTue 29 Oct 2013 - 2:29

Did I miss something or is the new Wii Fit download only in that case and it's basically the meter that acts as a way of buying it? Sounds like a good idea if so, one of those games/apps that will benefit from being on the console at all times.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 7 EmptyTue 29 Oct 2013 - 9:05

Yeah the meter unlocks the game for full.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 7 EmptyWed 30 Oct 2013 - 22:08

I was quite surprised/bemused to read that F1 Race Stars has been announced as an eShop exclusive and for release in December.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/10/f1_race_stars_aims_to_scratch_your_mario_kart_itch_on_wii_u_this_christmas

Bizarre. As much as I like the game (it's a firm four-player favourite when we all pile into my mates' flat), Codemasters surely can't release it in the same state they did on PS360 last year, can they? I bet the farm that they will though. And that it'll be £40 to download. It's been out of date for nearly a year!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 7 EmptyWed 30 Oct 2013 - 23:59

It'll have to go cheap, it's not exactly chock full of content and for £40 Wii U owners wouldn't be missing out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Cube

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 7 EmptySun 3 Nov 2013 - 17:16

I played a lot of Cloudberry Kingdom last night. A lot of fun. Extremely challenging but not frustrating.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 7 EmptyMon 4 Nov 2013 - 11:29

This Week

Wii U eShop

Wii Sports Club 24hr free trail, £1.79 for a day pass, £8.99 for individual sports:
Wii Sports Club: Tennis £8.99
Wii Sports Club: Bowling £8.99

Toki Tori £1.79, will be £3.59 from 6th December

Wii U Retail Download

Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games £39.99
Batman: Arkham Origins £49.99

Wii U DLC

Pikmin 3 Battle Enemies! Stages 7-10, £1.79.

Wii U eShop Temporary Discount

Toki Tori 2+ :
Standalone purchase — £7.79 until 14th November
If you buy Toki Tori first on the Wii U eShop, number 2 is £5.19 until 14th November

Wii U eShop Retail Permanent Discounts

Assassin's Creed III £15.99
Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth £15.99
ZombiU £15.99
Rabbids Land £15.99
Sports Connection £15.99
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 £15.99
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 7 EmptyMon 4 Nov 2013 - 14:40

£9 each for Wii Sports Tennis and Bowling with online play seems fair to me, I'll be getting those on Thursday. GNamer tournament time?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 7 EmptyMon 4 Nov 2013 - 14:49

I'll be giving those free trails a doing-over before I even think about spending nine quid on each game. I'll definitely make time for a few games with anybody reading on Thursday night though.

I've got the first Toki Tori on the 3DS (Virtual Console release, natch), but the enhanced version surely warrants a look at that price.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 7 EmptyMon 4 Nov 2013 - 15:10

I would like the sports games but not paying £9 for one, I'll donwload trial give someone a few games but that's it in till there's either a discount for all 5, a retail version or my idea of the discount as a eshop card & comes with wiimote+
Back to top Go down

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next