Where we remember the Battle of the Alarmo

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread

Go down 
+17
JayMoyles
rlsniper789
ShadoWolf
AGuy
Snake14691
Slazo
masofdas
Treesmurf
Tokyo_Sonata
Solve My Maze
ScottGamer17
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Kyranitar
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Dusty Knackers
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 39 EmptySun 1 Jun 2014 - 13:12

The_Jaster wrote:
So ICW have a Glasgow event coming up on the 27th July could be a good time for a GNamer meet up.

http://m.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/36004C98E3F2813D?

Is this something that's going to be happening? Anyone made any moves to get tickets?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 39 EmptySun 1 Jun 2014 - 14:25

I still really want to go to it but not bought my ticket yet, some recent unexpected vet bills haven't helped matters.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 39 EmptySun 1 Jun 2014 - 23:49

If you're watching the Sky Sports broadcast of NXT Takeover, seems like a match has been cut - a tag match between The Ascension and El Local and Kalisto.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 39 EmptyMon 2 Jun 2014 - 0:07

Awww that's a real shame was quite looking forward to that one, guess I'll find it online sometime.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 39 EmptyMon 2 Jun 2014 - 14:37

It was an okay match, nothing to really write home about - the three advertised matches were the real draw.

Payback was a pretty good PPV all told, right? Thought Sheamus/Cesaro, Cena/Wyatt and Evolution/Shield were the standouts.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 39 EmptyMon 2 Jun 2014 - 18:30

I thought the RVD & Barrett match was pretty good too but aye loved the whole PPV & more importantly it was good enough to shut up the pro CM Punk fans who seriously just need to let it go, I know you never say never when it comes to WWE but I think Punk is done with wrestling, bar a match with Austin at Mania what else can he really achieve?

---

In Scottish wrestling news Jack Jester is also part of the PBW event this coming Saturday.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 39 EmptyMon 2 Jun 2014 - 19:24

The_Jaster wrote:
I thought the RVD & Barrett match was pretty good too but aye loved the whole PPV & more importantly it was good enough to shut up the pro CM Punk fans who seriously just need to let it go, I know you never say never when it comes to WWE but I think Punk is done with wrestling, bar a match with Austin at Mania what else can he really achieve?

Them chanting Punk's name during the Daniel Bryan segment was fucking scummy.

EDIT: Big Dave isn't happy. Tweeted out his displeasure with #Bluetista and added #WWEJobber to his twitter bio.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue 3 Jun 2014 - 1:18

If he was truly bothered about his wrestling career he'd find a way to use this to his advantage, unless of course he really is a self centred ego maniac that he appears to be.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue 3 Jun 2014 - 6:29

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue 3 Jun 2014 - 10:53

Regarding Payback, while I didn't think the card promised much on paper (on the count that all but one of the matches had already taken place on WWE television within the last six weeks), credit where credit is due: it was all-action. I don't think the roster has ever been as mechanically-sound as it is just now. With time and permission, I don't think there's anybody on the current WWE roster that couldn't go out and deliver a good match.

Onto Jay's spoiler...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 39 EmptyThu 5 Jun 2014 - 0:44

Six months on, lets take a look at our beginning-of-the-year predictions...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 39 EmptyThu 5 Jun 2014 - 1:23

At least they are trying out El Local & Kalisto as a team now but probably be a while before we see them on the main roster.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 39 EmptyThu 5 Jun 2014 - 2:04

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 39 EmptyThu 5 Jun 2014 - 2:10

Laughing at me thinking Sandow was going to be in championship running.

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 39 Sd-050214-sandow-magneto
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 39 EmptyThu 5 Jun 2014 - 18:42

To be fair wasn't he Mr MiTB back then? It all seemed to go downhill after he cashed in, he's obviously pissed off someone in the back.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 39 EmptyThu 5 Jun 2014 - 19:27

Nah, the championships had already been unified by the beginning of the year. Sandow cashed in right after Hell in a Cell.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 39 EmptyThu 5 Jun 2014 - 20:45

Who was it who went on an almighty losing streak after they were caught using a fake walloper in a piss test? I remember MVP losing so many matches and losing his star stature to such an extent that I actually walked past an Argos in Aberdeen where he was doing a meet-and-greet so I could get to Greggs before it shut.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 39 EmptyFri 6 Jun 2014 - 15:09

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Who was it who went on an almighty losing streak after they were caught using a fake walloper in a piss test?

Manu! He's the reason why WWE employees now have to have someone present when they're giving their urine sample.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 39 EmptySun 8 Jun 2014 - 1:49

So that PBW wrestling event was tonight (Saturday) & it was great stuff, the triple threat tag team match was probably my favourite match as it even had a tower of doom spot, I'll definitely be looking to go to more British wrestling shows.

Oh also this one kid who was sat just in front of me was going off his head shouting all sorts at the heels all night.  Laughing (also his pal who was the only kid chanting for Jack Jester was greeting at the end when he lost)

---

It was really good seeing Grado (even shook his hand after the show was done) even though he heavily relies on his comedy to get himself over, the main event with Jack Jester was ruined a bit for me as they took it into the crowd & even out of the building at one point where I couldn't see what was happening but overall it was a great event.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 39 EmptySun 8 Jun 2014 - 12:10

Glad to hear you enjoyed it too. I know a few other folk who went who are saying the same things. It's a really good wrestling scene up here - a healthy mix of local talent and TV imports both contributing to (what I've heard are) really entertaining shows. Looking at the photos of recent events, it's heartening to see that it's not just the likes of AJ Styles, Mickie James, Magnus and Prince Devitt who are attracting the crowds.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 39 EmptyThu 12 Jun 2014 - 17:02

http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-releases-superstars

WWE is having it's biggest talent cull in years. Amongst the casualties are Teddy Long, Brodus Clay, Evan Bourne and two thirds of 3MB.

I think a number of those guys sacked today will find work once their no-compete clauses are done. I could see Brodus Clay heading over to Japan to play the Gaijin somewhere. Tatsu might have some stock over there too. Evan Bourne will be cutting about in Ring of Honor by the end of the summer. McIntyre will be headlining leisure centres all across the Central Belt with Grado and the rest of that mob sharpish.

JTG hasn't been sacked yet!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 39 EmptyThu 12 Jun 2014 - 22:04

I'm surprised they released most of 3MB. They seemed like a solid JOB Squad. Drew was wasted talent though.

Also, JTG has finally been found backstage... it's over.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 39 EmptySat 14 Jun 2014 - 17:30

Aye, The Streak is over...

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 39 10364210_729507840421606_1698853618567641776_n

I actually didn't mind JTG all that much as a performer, certainly not as much as others did anyway. So disappointing that Evan Bourne didn't get a chance to redeem himself after his two wellness violations, and the injury hell that he's been through. Would have loved Brodus Clay to have a good monster heel run too, after being stuck with the Funkasaurus gimmick for so long. I really liked his look, looks like a guy who could fuck people up. As for 3MB, I wish more had been done to further that gimmick: show them in a studio "recording" a song, do some Spinal Tap style interviews, stuff along those lines. I like the gimmick, and the fact that they were a bit shite, but I wish more could have done with them. I will say that McIntyre and Mahal were completely the wrong people to stick in that group though, hope the gimmick lives on.

As for all the people released, the artist formerly known as Trent Baretta said it best on Twitter: "Fired friends. If you love wrestling you're about to have the most fun ever."

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 39 EmptySat 14 Jun 2014 - 19:43

Drew started following Dixie Carter on Twitter... a sign of a move to TNA?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 39 EmptyFri 27 Jun 2014 - 10:51

I know your not all the biggest TNA fans but it seems a lot is going on at the moment over there.

TNA Reboot:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next