Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GAMING NEWS Thread 1

Go down 
+22
Rum
Fancy Fancy
shanks
The Christ
Axis1500
fronkhead
Cube
Dusty Knackers
Buskalilly
beemoh
Admin
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
Athrun888
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
NintenDUCK
masofdas
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 4 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 12:05

I'm surprised nobody has posted the PS4 release and PS3 and Vita price cuts.  

So yeah, PS4 is coming out November 15 in the EU, 29th for Australia.  Vita has had its price cut to €199 in Europe.  They're also scaling back the price of memory cards for the Vita to more reasonable prices.

The Vita cut pleases me greatly, I was looking at $400 before for just the Vita with a card, now I'm looking at about $320, so I'm much more likely to pick one up now, even if it's just for one game.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 4 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 12:19

PEGGLE.

TWO.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 4 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 13:30

I will be doing a full coverage of the news from gamescom in the gamescom thread.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 4 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 14:55

Athrun888 wrote:
I'm surprised nobody has posted the PS4 release and PS3 and Vita price cuts.  

So yeah, PS4 is coming out November 15 in the EU, 29th for Australia.  Vita has had its price cut to €199 in Europe.  They're also scaling back the price of memory cards for the Vita to more reasonable prices.

The Vita cut pleases me greatly, I was looking at $400 before for just the Vita with a card, now I'm looking at about $320, so I'm much more likely to pick one up now, even if it's just for one game.  
Just read that the UK will get no price cut.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 4 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 15:42

I'd be a lot more interested in Vita if I felt it could stand on it's own merit, with it's own platform-specific software. All the indy stuff is grand, but that's stuff I can get elsewhere without owning a Vita. A great piece of kit from what I've played, but for the future the best things about the Vita appear to rely on the user having a PS4 too.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 4 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 16:23

I agree with phillps, also I'm seeing on Twitter Vita is now £145 in the UK, But for £170 you can get that bundle with a 8GB card and 10 games that will fill up that card right away.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 4 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 19:42

So I was wrong about no UK price cut then? Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 4 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 19:52

Maybe Jaster
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 4 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 14:10

This is from CVG but the same news is making it's away around the internet on various sites.

Rare's Simon Woodroffe has said the studio is keen on bringing 'older Rare IP' to Xbox One using its new and improved Kinect sensor.

Woodroffe says that the new Kinect's inclusion with Xbox One - and in turn the lack of a need to validate it as a worthwhile secondary purchase - has lowered the pressures on the developer to utilise it for every function of a game, allowing them to be more strategic with its use.

"When we launched Kinect obviously there was a big focus on 'everything must be Kinect'," he told Official Xbox Magazine UK.

"Now it's in the box, [we can] use it where it make sense, don't where it doesn't. It can be used in some really - not gimmicky ways, which is what I think you'll see a fair amount of - but ways that actually really enhance the game. We've got some ideas for how to use it in the right way," he went on.

When quizzed on older IP such as Perfect Dark coming with Kinect functionality, Woodroffe responded, "Maybe! We've got an idea for that. It would be controller plus Kinect.

"We've got ideas for most older Rare IP, you won't be surprised to hear. There's quite a lot of desire to do that, and Viva Pinata, Conker... Banjo's very popular internally, a lot of people want to do stuff with Banjo," he said.

"We're all about giving people new experiences, that's what we want to do. It's a very technical studio ... We want to find that thing that nobody's ever done before and make a game out of it. We should be inventing new genres, inventing new ways to play. And this sensor gives us new opportunities to do it, with the fidelity it has now."

So what you do guy's think, I was a big fan of Rare but they've gone right down hill but hopefully getting the xbox one out the way and there allowed to do what they want we can get a decent game from them.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 4 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 14:56

I can't read, watch or play anything recent from Rare without automatically thinking of this:

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 4 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 15:21

^

Was just about to post that, or rather the full video from which it came. I just don't have trust in Rare anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 4 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 22:32

That all just sounds like nostalgia stroking to me, and lets face it we all know all the best rare staff left years ago.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 4 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 10:46

Phillips wrote:
I can't read, watch or play anything recent from Rare without automatically thinking of this:

Saw this yesterday for the first time - nearly wet myself laughing. God bless that man. And (in the full video) he's spot-on with the problems of N&B.

masofdas wrote:
Rare's Simon Woodroffe has said the studio is keen on bringing 'older Rare IP' to Xbox One using its new and improved Kinect sensor.*

Woodroffe says that the new Kinect's inclusion with Xbox One - and in turn the lack of a need to validate it as a worthwhile secondary purchase - has lowered the pressures on the developer to utilise it for every function of a game, allowing them to be more strategic with its use.

"When we launched Kinect obviously there was a big focus on 'everything must be Kinect'," he told Official Xbox Magazine UK.

"Now it's in the box, [we can] use it where it make sense, don't where it doesn't. It can be used in some really - not gimmicky ways, which is what I think you'll see a fair amount of - but ways that actually really enhance the game. We've got some ideas for how to use it in the right way," he went on.
Kinect sensor.*
There's your problem.

There's a lot of bull**** in this comment here; Kinect is mandatory, so Microsoft don't have to force Rare to use it. Therefore, they're deifnitely going to use it in some games that wouldn't, by their traditional style, would be less enjoyable with Kinect.
GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 4 Jackie-chan-confused
Kinect's main problem isn't that it's inaccurate (although that was a problem with the original); the problem is it's not remotely enjoyable.

If they did produce a new BK game that didn't have F***ING CARS IN IT, I'd probably consider getting an XBone over PS4, but if I have to dance for the camera... nope.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 4 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 21:24

I think what he's trying to say is microsoft made rare make games for kinect 1 to help sell kinect, but now all xbox one's come with kinect 2 other studios will look at as kinect as a viable option. So rare no longer have to make kinect games as someone else might be doing but as kinect is with all xbox one's they might aswell use it in there future games in some way.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 13:06

You make it sound like Rare were a bit of a dogsbody for Microsoft, mas. If so, that's genuinely sad. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 13:11

ZeroJones wrote:
You make it sound like Rare were a bit of a dogsbody for Microsoft, mas. If so, that's genuinely sad. Crying or Very sad
Did you not see the crap they came out with post-Kinect?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 13:11

I think they have been.

A all new character and 1st female confirmed.

UK Chart, Wonderful 101 is Number 22
01. Saints Row 4 (Deep Silver)
02. Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Ubisoft)
03. Disney Infinity (Disney)
04. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
05. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Activision)
06. FIFA 13 (EA)
07. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)
08. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
09. The Last of Us (Sony)
10. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (Take-Two)

Local CO-OP Confirmed for Knack, mainly for parents to help kids play the game.

Xbox One Rumored to be coming Oct 8th which is the friday after Call of Duty comes out, so very likely this is true.

Layton 7, the latest installment in the Professor Layton series, has been announced by Level-5 during its Vision Event in Japan.

Described as a "role-play puzzle" game, the installment is being developed for Nintendo 3DS, Android and iOS.

Gamescom Show Awards, Agree

Best Console Game Sony:
Destiny

Best Console Game Nintendo:
Mario Kart 8

Best Console Game Microsoft Xbox:
Titanfall

Best Next Generation Console Game:
Titanfall

Best Action Game:
Destiny

Best Role Playing Game:
The Elder Scrolls Online

Best Racing Game:
Forza Motorsport 5

Best Sports Game:
FIFA 14

Best Simulation Game:
WarThunder

Best Family Game:
Mario Kart 8

Best Hardware including Peripheral:
PlayStation 4

Best Mobile Game:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Best Online Multiplayer Game:
Destiny

Best PC Game:
Battlefield 4

Best Social/Casual/Online Game:
The Elder Scrolls Online
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 13:12

Nope! I wouldn't say I keep a close eye on them; the last I heard, they were working on Kinect Sports Season Two.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 13:18

Phoenix Wright Info

Jam Band Devs Working on 3DS Tilte
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 14:18

I don't get the buzz about Titanfall - looks pretty and seems to be a solid shooter, but people are hyping it up to be the best game coming out at launch of the PS4 and One.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 14:26

I've heard that it plays really well.  Rob Crossley from CVG said that it felt like a Miyamoto-designed FPS.  Now, I'm fairly confident that a Miyamoto-designed FPS would be more colourful, but he was referring to the almost elastic handling of the mechs, which apparently have Mario-rivalling jumping prowess.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 14:27

It's a xbox platform exclusive and not out in till March, so not really a launch game maybe window. Destiny is the big next generation game in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 14:43

That's the Bungie one, right? See, there's nothing coming out on PS4 or the One that's gripped my attention in a big way to want one at launch. If I do ever get a PS4 or One it'll be because a properly amazing looking game grabbed my attention, like Halo 3 and Mass Effect did for me back with the 360.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 14:45

Yeah the bungie one it looks amazing.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 4 EmptyFri 30 Aug 2013 - 19:18

A few updates,

On French Amazon they have a PS4 Bundle which is the console (duh!), Killzone, Soundtrack, In Game Stuff, Two Dual Shock 4s, 30 Day's PSN+ and the camera for 500 euros. I'm actually tempt by this it's similar to my bundle I've already got preordered, mines the Console, One Dual Shock 4, Special Edition Killzone (which could be the same as the french listed bundle) , Special Edition Driveclub and 30 Day's PSN. Still not sure about driveclub there's a few positives and negatives about getting it, i was planning on getting an extra dual shock 4 anyway but wanted a blue one not black. So really in the end it's do I want driveclub & blue pad or camera & black pad, some of the playroom for the camera looks really good but not seen much else that really uses it. Also the site has down that the camera has voice recognition like Kinect, so both consoles become more like each other each passing day. As also both have auto download feature confirmed, so I can be at work go on either site on my phone and select what i want to download then when i get home it be done.

Leaked Halo on Xbox One Story:

Jastar's favorite thing, Sony has partnered with over 21 third-party developers to secure a range of "exclusive game content" for PlayStation platforms.

Activision Blizzard - Diablo III content
   Atlus
   Bethesda Games - The Elder Scrolls Online exclusive PlayStation 4 beta
   Bluepoint Games - "Bringing a Sony classic to current game systems"
   Bungie - Destiny content
   Capcom - Deep Down
   Disney Interactive
   EA
   Insomniac Games
   Konami
   Level-5
   Nordic Games
   Rockstar Games
   Sanzaru Games
   Sega
   Square Enix
   Sumo Digital
   Take-Two
   Ubisoft - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag content, Watch Dogs content
   Warner Bros. - Batman: Arkham Origins content
   Zindagi Games

The Xbox One Kinect Voice feature will only work in US, UK, Canada, France and Germany at launch, So anyone that speaks English (Guess American), French or German, can use feature this is why the One has been delayed in a few countries. But this makes know sense though as in Belgium the official language is French, I know they also speak Dutch in one part, German in another area and English being kinda the universal language there, so can't see any reason why it couldn't be released there apart from the small minority that only speak Dutch.

Pepsi kinda leaks Xbone date as late November in the states, Pepsi has partnered with Microsoft with there mountain dew drink.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

GAMING NEWS Thread 1
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next