Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949

Go down 
+15
Jimbob
fronkhead
The Cappuccino Kid
shanks
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Vidofnir
Athrun888
Cube
ZeroJones
Balladeer
masofdas
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Should there be a vote for both retail and overall 3DS game or just retail?
Just a retail top 10
The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 Vote_lcap36%The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 36% [ 4 ]
Both retail and an overall top 10
The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 Vote_lcap18%The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Retail top 5 and an overall top 10
The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 Vote_lcap45%The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 45% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 EmptyFri 11 Apr 2014 - 8:10

Yes, yes you have. And get well soon, Mr. 949.

Vidofnir wrote:
Ah yes, Animal Crossing and the innovative feature of not being played.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 EmptyFri 11 Apr 2014 - 12:48

The Hypeometer Award for the Most Anticipated 3DS Game

Fifth:

Fourth:

Third:

Second:

First:

Thanks for the well wishes, feeling better today! This evening will be retail and world!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 EmptyFri 11 Apr 2014 - 12:53

Bravely Second was robbed! This is what happens when you don't vote, Athrun! Still, a worthy list - apart from MH5, every one of them got a vote or honourable mention from me. Just a shame that PLvPW lived up to NGamer's comments rather than my hopes...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 EmptyFri 11 Apr 2014 - 14:08

Have you got an inside tip, balla? Should I just skip monster Hunter 4 and wait for 5?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 EmptyFri 11 Apr 2014 - 14:15

drunkalilly wrote:
Have you got an inside tip, balla? Should I just skip monster Hunter 4 and wait for 5?

Laughing

Quite happy with MH 4 Ultimate's placement as I thought it would've been buried under some rubbish jrpg Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 EmptyFri 11 Apr 2014 - 14:42

Buried under? It is some rubbish JRPG!

Drunkalilly wrote:

Nah, I've just not got into the Monster Hunter series. I'm not a big online gamer, even less so MMORPGs; and there's something about a series that is mostly about murdering the innocent fauna to make into weapons that turns me away. (I know, I know, Pokémon.) I'm sure it'll be great for series fans, though.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 EmptyFri 11 Apr 2014 - 14:52

balladeer wrote:
Buried under? It is some rubbish JRPG!

.....and here was me holding back after your DS comments this is the last straw & you will now be seeing a drawing of you hugging an Xbox one/ps4. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 EmptyFri 11 Apr 2014 - 15:52

What have I done? Crying or Very sad 

(Smash Greninja me, Mega-Absol me, or actual me from the Say Cheese thread?)
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 EmptyFri 11 Apr 2014 - 16:07

By the time my votes went in, mentioning PLVPW:AA would have meant anticipating a game I was playing. Shocked Good to see that we all want a bit of Mario Golf gold...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 EmptyFri 11 Apr 2014 - 18:42

Balladeer wrote:

(Smash Greninja me, Mega-Absol me, or actual me from the Say Cheese thread?)

Hmm now that would be telling.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 EmptyFri 11 Apr 2014 - 19:31

I voted for PWvPL (which I had already completed) and Smash Bros. TBH, I had a hard time coming up with more after that, so I stuck Sonic Boom (even though we know nothing of the 3DS version), Pocket Football (which I was already playing when I sent in the votes) and Shante.

Other than Smash Bros, there isn't actually anything I'm buying for the 3DS that's currently announced. But I'm sure that at least one good game that isn't an RPG will be announced at E3.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 EmptyFri 11 Apr 2014 - 21:01

Balladeer wrote:
You know what you did. How do you sleep at night?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 EmptyFri 11 Apr 2014 - 21:04

They've got evidence of you strangling that woman playing dark soul's.

Also bravery second was robbed of even a place, as the 3DS needs more rpgs.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 EmptySat 12 Apr 2014 - 0:58

Get ready for a lovely serving of results!

The Pfft, Skyrim Who? Award for Best World on 3DS

Fifth:

Fourth:

Third:

Second:

First:

The Box Fondling Award for Best Retail 3DS Game

Fifth:

Fourth:

Third:

Second:

First:

Sorry it's so late, I didn't expect it to take so long to type up!
Come back tomorrow (Well today now) for the best of the rest and Most Wanted!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 EmptySat 12 Apr 2014 - 7:38

Bien fait, M. Français (although I happened to like the dancing kid, along with the rest of the group - slightly refreshing to be in a group of friends, 'advancing' 'together')! I didn't split Hyrule and Lorule, so apologies for making the vote harder! Embarrassed Great winner of retail title, as well, although I was pleased to see Kid Icarus land in there! And no Mario. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 EmptySat 12 Apr 2014 - 9:42

I'm playing Link to the Past right now so's I can go directly from it into Link Between Worlds, and to be honest I kind of just want to finish LttP so I can get started. I mean, LttP is pretty good, but I find it kind of frustrating. With all you guys raving about its sequel I really, really want to get stuck into it!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 EmptySat 12 Apr 2014 - 9:46

Wouldn't it be the best of the best top 10 coming up not best of the rest.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 EmptySat 12 Apr 2014 - 9:50

Wahoo!  Both of my first places were both of the forum's.  In fact, four of the retail top five were mine as well.  (Also, I agree with Andyman's Zelda judgements! Shocked)  Is it a bad thing that a port of an N64 game did so well?  It's OoT, so I'll go with no.  Absolutely chuffed that the sublime ALBW beat ACNL into first place.  Here's hoping that doesn't change for the Big Vote...

I definitely don't think that's it just nostalgia speaking, with regards to OoT's Hyrule.  It's three years in development, and Nintendo sweating blood to make the best game ever at the time (arguably).  It's absolutely massive, crammed with stuff to do, and even changes between day and night.  Hyrule Field is bland and boring, but that's the only criticism I can level at it.  

Also, I had a comment for Lorule if you wanted to use it!  Granted, I only included it as an honourable mention.  What was the highest-ranked mansion from LM2, may I ask?

Rum Rapture wrote:
I'm playing Link to the Past right now so's I can go directly from it into Link Between Worlds, and to be honest I kind of just want to finish LttP so I can get started. I mean, LttP is pretty good, but I find it kind of frustrating. With all you guys raving about its sequel I really, really want to get stuck into it!

I find ALBW a lot better than LttP.  LttP has aged - ALBW feels fresh and new and wonderful.  Keep pressing on: it'll be worth it!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 EmptySat 12 Apr 2014 - 11:40

I've never found much else to do in OoT other than the main quest. Maybe I've not looked hard enough or something but I've never understood the crazy amount of love for the world or felt as immersed as everyone else does. That's why I think it is a nostalgia thing because I was very late to the party. I'd love to hear someone else who didn't play it on the 64 back in the days opinion though.

As for what I'm posting tonight I wanted to do a "big" award every other day so I decided to post up the rest of the votes today as opposed to tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 EmptySat 12 Apr 2014 - 12:12

Happy to see Hyrule from OoT win, I didn't vote for it myself as I excluded OoT 3D due to the core game being an N64 title, but it's a deserving win, and certainly not down to nostalgia given I didn't even appreciate the game's world until I replayed it in around 2008! And some things are just timeless -- all the landmark N64 games like this, Star Fox 64, Wave Race 64, Yoshi's Story, Mario 64 were so well designed, let alone technically ahead of their time (Ocarina, in one single swoop, effortlessly added in the idea of context-sensitive actions and lock-on targeting alongside new ways of interactive storytelling within a game's world).

The appeal of the game's world lands down to the experimental nature of the game itself, the fact you're invited to mess about and do all sorts of things (putting a bomb down by a time statue never gets old) and play around with NPCs and items in all these sorts of ways is part of the appeal. And unlike other 3D Zeldas, everything always feels like it's happening in the same, interconnected game world, moreso given how much tighter it is than later games (mostly in part due to the game world having a parallel dark world). You're in a world you've already failed to save, and revisiting it seven years later is still as atmospheric as ever. And that's before considering some of the best 3D dungeon designs (and themes) in the game, with titles such as 'forest', 'water', 'shadow' and 'light' being more than clichés. I could go on further but this really is one of my favourite game worlds of all time, and I eagerly await returning to Termina in Majora's Mask because despite its smaller scope, it's got even more heart.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 EmptySat 12 Apr 2014 - 12:24

There was no light dungeon, noob. Razz And I didn't play it for the first time on the N64 either, although it was soon afterwards: 2003, the WW bonus disc. I duly finished OoT long before WW, because I enjoyed it more. Take that, WW fanboys!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 EmptySat 12 Apr 2014 - 12:45

Balladeer wrote:
There was no light dungeon, noob. Razz And I didn't play it for the first time on the N64 either, although it was soon afterwards: 2003, the WW bonus disc.  I duly finished OoT long before WW, because I enjoyed it more.  Take that, WW fanboys!

'Doh'! Spirit temple was the 'light' temple, haha. Mr. Owl's reappearance on that was quite sad in retrospect (yeah I forgot how to spell his name).

I enjoyed Wind Waker back in the day but I find it's less interesting than other games in the series, which is a shame because the art style really is gorgeous. Wonder what it'd have been like had it not been rushed...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 EmptySat 12 Apr 2014 - 17:12

Not liking that the likes of ACNL & OoT have been voted ahead of Luigi's mansion 2, sure they're good games but before ALBW came along it was easily the best experience on 3ds.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 EmptySat 12 Apr 2014 - 17:19

The_Jaster wrote:
Not liking that the likes of ACNL & OoT have been voted ahead of Luigi's mansion 2, sure they're good games but before ALBW came along it was easily the best experience on 3ds.

Definitely wasn't. OoT was easily much better (and I say that as an OoT newcomer).
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 EmptySat 12 Apr 2014 - 17:39

Rum Rapture wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

Definitely wasn't. OoT was easily much better (and I say that as an OoT newcomer).

Well, its the game I enjoyed the most I just tired of acnl pretty quickly & originally played OoT on n64. (though that was well after its launch)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next