Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off

Go down 
+26
Rum
Muss
gjones
flora-chan
NintenDUCK
Dead Lemon
Admin
Xelviar
Solve My Maze
The Cappuccino Kid
oldschool
Luigi442wii
minecrafter7744
Vidofnir
Jimbob
ZeroJones
Gogoata
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
fronkhead
Athrun888
shanks
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Balladeer
masofdas
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off Empty
PostSubject: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off EmptySat 12 Jul 2014 - 10:38

Not reading my last message about the achievement systems in games, I all ready said Nintendo all ready do it there on way. Then Jas goes and elaborates on it then Balla goes and agrees Jas.

I all ready said it .
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off EmptySat 12 Jul 2014 - 11:49

Laughing You answered your own anger there, Mas. Jas elaborated. I'm afraid he made the point better.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off EmptySat 12 Jul 2014 - 16:35

I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes was just posting my thoughts on Trophies/achievements & why I think Nintendo platforms don't need them.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off EmptySat 12 Jul 2014 - 17:53

I was joking really but I do have a proper one now.

It's more of grumble, as I was working yesterday and today being my first of my 9 day's off. I went to pick up my Wii Sports Club preorder from the local indie store which is about 20 miles away. I get there to find out that it's not in as they have to order £200 worth of stuff from the company they order games from and as I was the only preorder. It's coming on Monday or Tuesday with a few things they ordered.

So yeah drove all that way for nothing and nowhere else had it plus there cheapest at £24.99 cash, least I'm on holiday so can go it. But that's not the only thing I changed my preorder of destiny from standard to ghost edition and that was a right whoa to do that in GAME.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off EmptySun 13 Jul 2014 - 2:47

Went in kudos tonight with a mate and we were so much older than everyone in there. I felt ancient. For groovy with a couple of the McCain's but I was too sober to go p home with someone five years younger than me at least.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off EmptySun 13 Jul 2014 - 9:25

masofdas wrote:
I was joking really but I do have a proper one now.

This is where using emoticons help a little.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off EmptySun 13 Jul 2014 - 9:33

People who create threads when they don't genuinely have anything to talk about in the thread, just because they want to be the thread creator. Razz 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off EmptySun 13 Jul 2014 - 10:35

But I was the first person to have a actual moan  Dance 

Weird when (which is never now) go in to town there always seem a good mix of ages but that might be because there's only one place in Welly to go but then you've only got the one place in Wells.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off EmptySun 13 Jul 2014 - 12:34

When at work I call someone and say that their alarm has gone off and they ask "just now".. It's becoming more frequent and really frustrating.. I'm at the stage where I'm half tempted to say to them "No Yesterday/ Last Week / Last Month / Last year / Last decade / Last Century / LAST MILLENNIUM!!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off EmptySun 13 Jul 2014 - 17:11

When you're happily playing a game but it crashes on you multiple times. Sulk  DAMN YOU! 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off EmptyMon 14 Jul 2014 - 15:39

Smokers. I know I've said this before, but it's a really nasty bad habit that directly hurts others as well as yourself. Somebody sat down in the toilet cubicle next to me at work, obviously after they'd just been out for a fag, and the smell was pretty much choking me. No, chewing gum doesn't prevent the stink, you twit. Mad 
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off EmptyMon 14 Jul 2014 - 16:08

Ya, smokers can be really annoying. There's a government office on my street whose back entrance opens to my street. The employees there that smoke just love to come out to the cramped pathway that barely fits two people side by side to light up I always have to cross the road when they're there. I'd find it kind of funny if it wasn't such a health hazard because the way they do it really reminds me of the rebels in school with their smokes lighting up in secluded areas like rebels. As it is though I can't stand it when people smoke in very public places and force others to inhale their toxic stuff, especially in times like today when the health risks with smoking a widely known.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off EmptyMon 14 Jul 2014 - 20:17

I used to be a massive anti - smoking lecturer to all my friends. But ive picked up a nasty habit of smoking when I'm pissed so now whenever I try to tell people it's a filthy habit they tell me to fuck off
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off EmptyTue 15 Jul 2014 - 11:29

It's when smoking causes an externality: i.e. that non-smokers don't inhale the smoke in areas where they shouldn't be, where I start to avoid places/people, as I'd prefer not to inhale the fumes for health reasons.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off EmptyTue 15 Jul 2014 - 11:47

Express mail taking three working days after being sent to get it here.  Assuming it arrives tomorrow that will be four days, four days for express mail that by all rights should have taken one or two days (and in the past has done that.)  I'm not so much frothing mad like I can get as I'm mildly irritated combined with a dash of anxiety of wondering where the heck my 88 dollars worth of goods are.  I mean come on, if the express post isn't going to be express speed and provide tracking what's the point?  They get paid extra for that exact service, and yet here I am three days after it was posted and it hasn't even shown up on tracking yet.  

Honestly nowadays it feels like a gamble every time I get something express posted as to whether it actually gets treated like that or whether I've flushed the money down the metaphorical toilet.  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off EmptyTue 15 Jul 2014 - 14:43

Drunkalilly wrote:
But ive picked up a nasty habit of smoking when I'm pissed so now whenever I try to tell people it's a filthy habit they tell me to fuck off

I've done something like this before - caught a friend smoking at a party after they swore they quit and put them in a loving headlock and lectured them about the dangers of smoking and whatnot... next night out, guess who gets blind drunk and has a smoke?  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off EmptyTue 15 Jul 2014 - 15:29

I know people do stupid things when drunk, but how do you start smoking? I guess it helps if you've never taken it up, but it doesn't seem like something you'd do on a drunken whim. Meh

On another topic, people who "do a Tony Pang". Razz
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off EmptyTue 15 Jul 2014 - 16:31

Balladeer wrote:
I know people do stupid things when drunk, but how do you start smoking?  I guess it helps if you've never taken it up, but it doesn't seem like something you'd do on a drunken whim. Meh

On another topic, people who "do a Tony Pang". Razz

Peer pressure - when most of the party goes outside for a fag and you want to be kept in the conversation, basically that leads to it. I hate myself for doing it on the rare occasions I do it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off EmptyTue 15 Jul 2014 - 16:49

Ah. My typical response to that happening is, "Sod this, if you're going to kill yourselves with substance abuse I'm going to sit in here... killing myself with substance abuse, but at least not harming anyone else in the process." But I am really anti-smoking and pretty antisocial.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off EmptyTue 15 Jul 2014 - 18:17

It's only happened a couple of times and I regretted it both times to be honest.

Also, don't think I didn't notice that Tony Pang jab.  Nah nah! 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off EmptyTue 15 Jul 2014 - 22:49

Wouldn't be a point to it if you didn't get it! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off EmptyWed 16 Jul 2014 - 8:57

Another day, another complete lack of even an appearance on tracking by something paid to be express mail. At this point this ceases to be a mild issue and I start seriously considering launching an official complaint. Shipped in the same country via express mail, five working days later (seven days in total including the weekend) and it still hasn't even shown up on tracking yet. Clearly whatever complete moron that sorted the thing threw it in snail mail despite the fact it's in a bright yellow package that clearly says express. Of course that's just the best case scenario, obviously the other possibility is they somehow lost the thing entirely, which while unlikely is obviously the main concern on my mind given how I'm naturally inclined to paranoia. Said inclination to paranoia is why I ship things through express services in the first damn place, but given the increasing rate of fuck ups by the postal service that's decreasing as my option of choice, because clearly paying for express post is no longer a guarantee about quality service.  Rolling Eyes 

I'll put it this way, express mail is supposed to take one to two working days and you get tracking which normally kicks in after its arrived because it's that fast. So monday or tuesday was the due date. It's the end of wednesday right now, so the absolute earliest this is arriving is thursday. Meanwhile snail mail takes three to five working days, sometimes a little longer if the system is busy. So Thursday or friday, and you don't get tracking. Standard posting would have cost a few dollars (or nothing given the seller I bought the items from pays for it themselves), express cost eleven dollars.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off EmptyWed 16 Jul 2014 - 9:01

I'm still waiting for my Japanese gamecube to come straight from Japan, I was given the wrong tracking number as it said was here but now got correct ( I hope), it's somewhere on the ocean and should be here by September.

Also the double jumping in guacamelee.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off EmptyWed 16 Jul 2014 - 14:45

That is the oddest thing to hate mas. The double jump makes getting around so convenient! I feel so powerless without it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off EmptyWed 16 Jul 2014 - 16:50

Ooh, is this the second thread to reset itself down to one?

Re: smoking; it's not quite just peer pressure, because when I'm pissed I genuinely love smoking. But most of the time it's horrible. That said, proper cigars are always lovely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off Empty

Back to top Go down

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next