Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Counting Classics on Consoles

Go down 
+10
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
Dead Lemon
The_Jaster
masofdas
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
Balladeer
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 14 EmptySat 19 Sep 2015 - 12:32

Taken out my abstains - no point including them!

Wii Sports: Yep! Show anyone this and they'd immediately get what the Wii is about.
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess: Yep. I've been watching speedruns of this lately and I'm looking back on it a lot more fondly. Need to replay it.
Super Mario Galaxy: YES. The best platformer of all time.
Super Mario Galaxy 2: Yep. The sequel to the best platformer of all time.  Winky Face
No More Heroes: Yep!
Mario Kart Wii: Tough one here. I really don't remember this being fantastic, but it's Mario Kart... I think considering it didn't blow me away like Double Dash or the few hours of MK8 I played, I'm going to give this a no.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Yep! It's not the best Smash game, but I think it's the best Smash single player experience out there.
Mario Strikers Charged: ...I genuinely loved this game, and I'm giving it a yes even though it's likely never going to make it in.
Super Paper Mario: Yep, a lot of fun this one.
WarioWare: Smooth Moves: Nah. I remember it as being a fun distraction but not as a classic Wii game.

I'd like to put forward Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and ...Red Steel. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 14 EmptySat 19 Sep 2015 - 12:53

LoZTP Yes
SMG1 Yes
SMG2 Yes
Xenoblade Chronicles Yes
Okami Yes
The Last Story No
LoZSS Yes
No More Heroes Yes
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition No - Awful, awful controls
Kirby Epic Yarn Yes
LKS Yes
Donkey Kong Country Returns Yes
Rayman Origins Yes
Sonic Colours No
MKWii No
SSBB Yes
Strikers Charged Yes
Super Paper Mario Yes
WarioWare: Smooth Moves Yes
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Yes
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Yes - It's the best one
Red Steel No

The following definitely need raising:
Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri and (this one not definitely but I think it deserves a fair shot) Mario and Sonic and the Olympics

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 14 EmptySat 19 Sep 2015 - 13:12

Both Wii Zeldas were included in my vote, and smurfy's vote - I pluralised them in a weird way. Thumbs Up! / Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 14 EmptySat 19 Sep 2015 - 14:21

Wii Sports YES of course, important and world changing.
LoZTP Y 4-0
SMG1 FUCK FUCKING YES YOU FUCKING FUCK YASSSSSSSSSSSS
SMG2 YESES
Xenoblade Chronicles YES
Okami Yiss
The Last Story Abstain
LoZSS YES WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL STUPENDOUS GAME AND NONE OF YOU ARE WORTHY
No More Heroes Yes, also who votes yes to this and no to Skyward Sword?
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition God yes, this is the ultimate version of this game.
Kirby Epic Yarn Yeah go on then
LKS Yep
Donkey Kong Country Returns Yeah, I don't think a Wii collection is complete without this
Rayman Origins Yes
Sonic Colours Go on then, yes
MKWii Yeh, awrite
SSBB Yass
Strikers Charged yep
Super Paper Mario Yeh, really fun stuff if you don't count it among the paper marios
WarioWare: Smooth Moves Yes
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Yes
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Yes, even though it's the worst one
Red Steel No, it was gash

I'll nominate:
Ghost Squad
Monster Hunter Tri
Excite Truck (I'm the champ, don't you know?)
Wii Sports Resort
New Play Control Pikmins 1&2, for my money the Wii controls were a huge difference.

Quote :
And a question to consider alongside.  The Wii U is prematurely drawing to its end, but how many of its games do we think will be looked on as classics in the future?  SSBU and MK8, surely, perhaps Splatoon - any others?

Bayonetta 2 and a wonderful 101, for my money. Starfox and Zelda if we ever get them. Game and Wario will be looked on more fondly than it was originally received. Pikmin 3 will be up there with the others, SM3DW wasn't quite Galaxy but it was stellar, Splatoon is a definite yes...
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 14 EmptySat 19 Sep 2015 - 16:58

list list list long list:

I suggest:

Beat the beat: Rhythm Paradise
Trauma Centre: second opinion
NBA Jam
Punch Out!!
DJ Hero
House of the dead: Overkill
Zack & wiki
Madworld

---

Quote :

And a question to consider alongside.  The Wii U is prematurely drawing to its end, but how many of its games do we think will be looked on as classics in the future?  SSBU and MK8, surely, perhaps Splatoon - any others?

Definitely all of those & I'd personally throw in Shovel Knight, MH3U, Rayman Legends, Zombi U, NintendoLand, Pikmin 3, Super Mario Maker & possibly Runbow.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 14 EmptySat 19 Sep 2015 - 20:24

Updated. Phew.

Drunkalilly wrote:
No More Heroes Yes, also who votes yes to this and no to Skyward Sword?

That'd be me. LoZSS seemed to drift into NGamer, get a 96%, and drift out of the public's goodwill. Mostly because of the motion controls, granted, which are not the reason I think it doesn't seem to be up in the pantheon - either way, they and I agree that it's less than classic. NMH might be more cult-classic-y, but there's nothing to overshadow it in the same series. (Speaking of which, I wouldn't vote for NMH2DS either.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 14 EmptySat 19 Sep 2015 - 21:14

Nah, for me Skyward Sword was an absolute masterpiece. The characters, the music, the gorgeous visuals, the originality of the dungeons and stuff. . . I've said it before and I'll say it again: the two Wii Zeldas are the two halves of the perfect Zelda game. If SS's heart, timeless art and creative design could be combined with TP's exploration and greater sense of danger you'd have the game of forever.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 14 EmptySat 19 Sep 2015 - 21:30

Go to work and you get a huge list

LKS Yes
Donkey Kong Country Returns No
Rayman Origins No
Sonic Colours Abstain
MKWii No
SSBB Yes
Strikers Charged Yes
Super Paper Mario Abstain
Wii Fit Yes
WWSM No
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Abstain
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption No
Red Steel No
Red Steel 2 Abstain
MHTri Yes
Mario & Sonic at the Olympics No
Ghost Squad No
Excite Truck No
Wii Sports Resort No
New Play Control Pikmin No
NPC Pikmin 2 No
Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise Abstain
Trauma Centre: Second Opinion Abstain
NBA Jam Abstain
Punch Out!! Abstain
DJ Hero No
House of the Dead: Overkill Yes
Zack & Wiki Yes
Madworld Yes

Why the The Last Story hate it was the joint 17th best Wii game with RE4 and 3rd in the RPG vote, it's one of my fav games on the Wii or are you all Vido in disguise,
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 14 EmptySat 19 Sep 2015 - 22:27

Mas wrote:
Why the The Last Story hate it was the joint 17th best Wii game with RE4 and 3rd in the RPG vote, it's one of my fav games on the Wii or are you all Vido in disguise?

I don't think it's hate to be honest when a few just say no or abstain & I mentioned that it's good but simply not a classic, especially when Xenoblade outclasses it in every single department.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 14 EmptySat 19 Sep 2015 - 22:34

It might do but why can't the Wii have two classic JRPG's in and things like No More Heroes which yes I put forward but the Last Story is the far better game be in over it.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 14 EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 0:10

MH tri is an action JRPG so there's yer 2 classics. Razz
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 14 EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 7:16

No More Heroes kicks The Last Story's butt on every level. The Last Story is a boring slog with a passable combat system. No More Heroes is silly, funny and fun to play...

As for the Wii U I'd say Pikmin 3, Bayo 2, Hyrue Warriors, Zombi U, MH3U, Rayman Legends, SSBU, MK8 and Nintendo Land.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 14 EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 8:45

Boring and Passable Combat did we play the same game Andy, as I loved everything about The Last Story and was my Number 2 behind Skyward Sword in the Wii Vote.

NMH is silly & fun hence why I put it forward but in a differnt way to TLS.

Also MH isn't a JRPG it's an Action Rpg because it's made in Japan doesn't mean it's a JRPG.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 14 EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 8:54

Trauma Centre: Second Opinion YES
NBA Jam YES
Punch Out!! YES
DJ Hero ABSTAIN
House of the Dead: Overkill YES I almost said this myself but didn't want two lightgun games
Zack & Wiki YES
Madworld YES

masofdas wrote:
Go to work and you get a huge list
Tell me about it. . .
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 14 EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 9:10

masofdas wrote:
FFIV, No because of
FFVI, Yes a lot would argue this is the best Final Fantasy

One rule for Mas, another for everyone else, eh? Razz

On The Last Story, I thought it was a good game but not a classic. I'm glad that Jas has said what he did, because I have wondered at times whether people have just upvoted all the games they enjoyed without considering whether they make the jump up to "classic".

Of course, everybody has their own definition of what makes a classic - I've said this before. But I do feel that a game has to have something above just "well I enjoyed it". Either leaving a legacy (something many Wii games haven't had the chance to do, granted), or being in the top tier of games at its time.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 14 EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 9:15

But to me it is a Classic and the other person that yes'd it, like I said I gave it my Number 2 vote in the Wii vote and when I did my YT video of my Top 10 games of the 7th gen I gave it Number 10.

And unlike those Final Fantasy's, TLS & Xeno are fairly different where FFVI makes nearly all other FF's (part from IX) look pants.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 14 EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 9:42

As Jas has said, XC did a pretty good job at making every other traditional JRPG on the system look pants as well.  All this despite the sandwich. Razz

Also I wasn't specifically referring to you with my last two paragraphs.  Apologies for picking someone out, but I was thinking particularly of Drunka and his cavalcade of Ys.  Good games all (well, most), but do you really think all of them are classics, Mr. Lilly?  If you do, then fair enough - it's all subjective...

Last edited by Balladeer on Sun 20 Sep 2015 - 10:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 14 EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 9:45

I gave it a fair go on N3DS with a good 5-6hrs on it and still didn't like XC, due to the combat system. XCX isn't out yet Balla and I am excited for it more so then Fallout 4 which will please you.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 14 EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 9:48

Consider me pleased. Very Happy I mean, I know that you're no Fallout fan, but I'm pleased anyway. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 14 EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 9:52

Fallout 4 does look good though and Andy on the podcast did almost sale it to me but I know other things coming in November I will definitely like and over the course of the rest of the year only a few RPGs stick out like XCX but it's nowhere near my my most wanted Wii U game which is out October.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 14 EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 10:08

My definition for classic here is if someone nought the machine,  would I tell them to pick up this game? And my answers are mostly yes.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 14 EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 10:09

Right. It's-a-Wii

Votes on the current list enclosed::

Jerkily adding some late in the day:

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Art Style: Light Trax (no WiiWare?)
World of Goo (no WiiWare?)
Rabbids Go Home
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 14 EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 10:15

WiiWare's definitely allowed, and WoG (oo-er) is a classic in my eyes, even if I didn't get on with it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 14 EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 11:46

More votes? Yes.

Spoiler:

Forgot about WiiWare: my only nomination is Hydroventure. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 14 EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 12:33

Mas wrote:
Also MH isn't a JRPG it's an Action Rpg because it's made in Japan doesn't mean it's a JRPG.

That was a joke.

---

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - Yes
Tomb Raider Anniversary - abstain
Art Style: Light Trax - No
World of Goo - Yes
Rabbids Go Home - No

oh so easy to forget wiiware so off the top of my head for now I'd like to throw in:

Cave Story
And yet it moves

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Counting Classics on Consoles
Page 14 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next