Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Things That Really !&$% You Off

Go down 
+27
LikesVideoGames
Solve My Maze
awesomedude
Rum
Buskalilly
Athrun888
nupkin
The Cappuccino Kid
ShadoWolf
fronkhead
oldschool
Xelviar
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
NintenDUCK
Dusty Knackers
beemoh
Xenos_Helia
shanks
The_Jaster
Admin
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
SuperPaperLink
Jimbob
Vidofnir
Balladeer
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 38 EmptyWed 30 Apr 2014 - 12:01

Two new things, life is catching up!  First, the Vita's mandatory touch screen using main menu is a stupid idea and whoever thought of it should be taken out, shot in both feet and then shot in the groin.  Stupid stupid stupid idea, it added at least ten minutes to the set up of the damn thing, and is just plain more cumbersome than movement through the d-pad.  I've always hated, nay, loathed touch screen controls (especially when they don't allow a stylus), and I TRIPLE hate them when they require you to put fingers on a damn screen, I have a OCD about keeping my hands clean and even then the screen is already getting smuged.  Whoever came up with this idea is officially a moron, and I get they were copying the stupid ipad craze, which is just even stupider.  

Next, although this is more concerning than anger inducing, my laptop slid off the low table I have next to my chair and now makes cracking noises when I don't support the top left corner when I move it.  Given this thing is new and that's not covered by warranty, well, if it ends up breaking any time soon I'll probably go apocalyptic.  Hopefully it's just a scare and it will remain perfectly fine despite that, it's working fine and hasn't done anything weird so it hopefully is fine, just scary because I have absolutely no money right now and sure as hell wouldn't have the money to replace a laptop any time in the next, ooh, two plus years?  

Sometimes you wake up and the day just goes against you at every turn, and on top of that every little tiny thing wrong just pisses me the fuck off.  This is one of those days.  And since I haven't ranted about it enough, fuck the Vita's main menu and fuck the person who designed it and forced the use of touch screen only.  If it allowed both I wouldn't mind, but I HATE being forced to use a touch screen, especially when said touch screen is the main screen and I'm going to have to constantly wipe my finger marks off the sodding thing.  Yay, another thing to be OCD about keeping clean, just what I didn't need.   Rolling Eyes

Hooray! The laptop's charger connector is completely broken!! YAY, a laptop that might as well be dead and in a few hours will literally be a complete piece of junk! Words cannot describe how utterly pissed off I am right now, I am SO close to just completely losing it. Fuck everything, may life itself rot in absolute hell. I can genuinely say this day has been complete and absolute shit. First the moronic smoker, next I find the town is almost vacant of Vita's and the only one I can buy is seventy fucking dollars more than I wanted to pay, then my fucking laptop breaks in a simple yet effective way so now the one simple way I relax myself so I don't completely blow up like a volcano when my temper is at sky high levels is gone. And the best bit? I'M FUCKING BROKE THANKS TO THE LAST LAPTOP AND THIS FUCKING GOD ACCURSED VITA! I need to find some way to relieve my temper immediately, because if I don't that shit known as a Vita is flying full force at my wall, and fuck the consequences because I'm already screwed money wise thanks to the fucking laptop anyway.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 38 EmptyWed 30 Apr 2014 - 17:23

Extremely pissed of today, as BT engineer should of been here between 8am and 1pm to set up fiber optic. As of posting this, still not turned up and I've had to ring 4 times to get it sorted, they should be here for 6.30 ish.

Thankfully the AOL broadband is still working, but is suppose to cut off today for BT.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 38 EmptyWed 7 May 2014 - 8:00

Dog owners that don't clean their dog's excrement off the pavement in the center of town when the rubbish bin was literally two steps away from where their dog took a dump. How am I that specific? Because I ended up stepping in the s*** going to said bin to drop some trash off.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 38 EmptyThu 8 May 2014 - 10:21

Not really pissed of thing more of annoyance, I was looking on eBay at dreamcast stuff. To see if there's any bargains to complete my PAL set (44 UK, 45/46 if you count France, there's also some that never got released) to see someone list like this JP RED DREAMCAST with 4 pads. I click on it to see it's a Claire Redfield edition system, thought to myself this might go cheap as if your looking for one your going be searching for claire redfield, biohazard, resident evil. I put a bid in of £50, then about 30 minutes later I get a email saying my bid has been cancelled and auction has ended. I click on the seller to see they've relisted it as resident evil code veronica system which is still wrong but closer to what it is.

I am bidding again on it as it still might go cheap due to still poor listing and it being unboxed and missing the matching VMU, so not really collector's standard but could be my only chance to get one at a reasonable price but might be far more then I originally thought.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 38 EmptyFri 9 May 2014 - 1:19

My laptop died. Pretty annoying.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 38 EmptyFri 9 May 2014 - 3:38

Trying to write an essay that you really should have finished by now but you can't concentrate because there's some pricks outside who seem to be trying to climb into a dumpster and finding it ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS.  Neutral 
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 38 EmptyFri 9 May 2014 - 8:37

Ah, the joys of university life. I now get the occasional "oo are yer" at stupid o'clock, possibly due to living near Arsenal.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 38 EmptyFri 9 May 2014 - 11:40

I don't even live in a student area this year. The neighbourhood is the aged and the type who can afford to shop at the nearby M&S and Waitrose. That demographic clearly also enjoys trying to climb into bins at fuck off o' clock.

I haven't slept and I'm grumpy, in case you can't tell.  Sulk 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 38 EmptyFri 9 May 2014 - 11:48

I have a "white noise machine" by my bed: basically a fan in a box that makes a loud but consistent noise and drowns out most others.  Recommended.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 38 EmptyFri 9 May 2014 - 13:01

Does that work? I tend to try and pop on a podcast if it's noisy at night, but I end up too engaged in the podcast to sleep.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 38 EmptyFri 9 May 2014 - 13:08

It works for me.  If you have trouble sleeping on a plane, say, because of the background hum, then it won't help you - for me, that hum actually helps because it drowns out e.g. children screaming.

And on the subject of things that bleep me off: being woken up by birdsong at 0530.  The white noise machine is currently at my parents', y'see.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 38 EmptyFri 9 May 2014 - 13:40

For me it has to be as quiet and dark as possible when I'm trying to go to sleep. This is hardly helped by the supernova glare from the boiler's ever-working light (yes, the boiler is in my bedroom. We've got a carbon monoxide detector, though!). Anyway, always interesting to see how the other side lives/sleeps.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 38 EmptySun 11 May 2014 - 11:42

Water softener making the water so slimey it doesn't wash soap off properly.  I get the area needs it to stop calcium buildup in the water tanks and such but there's nulling the local limestone stuff and then there's putting so much of the chemicals in the water it ends up having the same consistency as soap itself and ceases to be capable of washing said soap off properly, which in turn dries out the skin faster than you can say "god this water softening crap is not being done properly." And given everybody in town isn't walking around with bright red hands that are either wrinkly or outright cracked and bleeding in places I'm going to take a wild guess and say the owner isn't doing it properly and is putting way too much of the stuff in the water.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 38 EmptySun 11 May 2014 - 23:01

I accept this is obscure, but... the HR department of my mum's work.
Not to beat about the bush, my Grandmother is terminally ill, and my Mum has been helping look after her. The local Hospice are arranging for someone to be available two mornings to help out; until that time my Mum has to stay there. She did speak to someone to organise the leave for the coming weeks; once again that hasn't been passed on to the managers of the shifts she works; once again they will probably try to make that her fault. Someone just rang my phone to ask where she was (she's at my Grandmother's house). Luckily, with some experience of working in customer support, I know how to be constructively angry rather than just furious. But I am furious. She's not on holiday or anything.

To quote Tears For Fears: This is the Working Hour; we are paid by those who learn from our mistakes.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 38 EmptyMon 12 May 2014 - 7:52

That's... slightly awful. Aww! My condolences, Jimbob.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 38 EmptySun 18 May 2014 - 11:59

Arsenal fans, right now.  Yes, I understand that your team beat Hull City (Hull City) in a relatively important game of foot-the-ball.  Why does this require you to be honking horns very loudly outside my window (which needs to be open because the Great British weather has decided that the late teens aren't worth it and has shot up from 12-15ºC to 23)?

PARP PARP, PARP PARP PARP, PARP PARP PARP PARP, PARP PARP.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 38 EmptySun 18 May 2014 - 12:05

Balladeer wrote:
Arsenal fans, right now.  Yes, I understand that your team beat Hull City (Hull City) in a relatively important game of foot-the-ball.  Why does this require you to be honking horns very loudly outside my window (which needs to be open because the Great British weather has decided that the late teens aren't worth it and has shot up from 12-15ºC to 23)?

Similar state of affairs in Scotland, except it's St Johnstone fans going mental over beating Dundee United and the weather is 13º, not 23. So, well, not really similar at all.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 38 EmptySun 18 May 2014 - 14:09

I can't wait for this latest round of heat to naff off. I dare not leave the safe zone on my sofa where the fan is blowing for fear of death by heat. Bring on the winter!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 38 EmptyMon 19 May 2014 - 0:11

Rum Rapture wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

Similar state of affairs in Scotland, except it's St Johnstone fans going mental over beating Dundee United and the weather is 13º, not 23. So, well, not really similar at all.

To be fair that is the very first time St Johnstone have won the Scottish cup so they have a right to be going mental.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 38 EmptyMon 19 May 2014 - 0:37

Oh yeah, don't I just know it. I grew up in Perthshire so my Facebook feed went mental when it happened.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 38 EmptyMon 19 May 2014 - 2:53

I'm loving this heat. Pub gardens, the theme park, an excuse to wear sunglasses... and let me tell you, sunny g's on this funny geeze make the honeys say please.

Speaking of females, there's another reason I love hot weather; the summer dress.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 38 EmptyMon 19 May 2014 - 9:02

Nope, the heat can sod right off. I dislike wearing my sunglasses, and pub gardens tend to be hotbeds of passive smoking.

As can the two people in the flat next to me, who decided to have an animated discussion in Foreignese (to use the technical term) at past 1 in the morning, that continued for at least an hour. As can my flat's very thin walls.

I did not sleep well.

The_Jaster wrote:
To be fair that is the very first time St Johnstone have won the Scottish cup so they have a right to be going mental.

I don't think anything short of World War III being averted should give anyone the right to use those bloody horns outside of a stadium.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 38 EmptyMon 19 May 2014 - 12:24

The heat woke me up at 5am today. I didn't mind as much as normal as it gave me an extra couple of cramming hours for my exam. If this happens again I will be fuming though. Also I find wearing any form of glasses outside/hats to be totally uncomfortable so the bright glare just annoys me.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 38 EmptyMon 19 May 2014 - 12:41

Balladeer wrote:
Nope, the heat can sod right off.  I dislike wearing my sunglasses, and pub gardens tend to be hotbeds of passive smoking.

andyman949 wrote:
The heat woke me up at 5am today. Also I find wearing any form of glasses outside/hats to be totally uncomfortable so the bright glare just annoys me.

I'll take "clear signs we're all gamers" for £200, please.
Back to top Go down
Saul Iscariot
Philips CD-i Title

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 38 EmptyMon 19 May 2014 - 12:46

People in cars, who despite the obvious fact that they aren't going to be going anywhere, decide to try and creep forward a few inches if you walk in front of them. I am trying to lose weight and walk to and from work daily. At several points I have to cross the road where there are lights but no crossing. The lights turn red bringing traffic to a standstill. I wait until the traffic has stopped moving then cross. Every chuffing time there is one twot that decides this is the time to make that gap just a little too small.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things That Really !&$% You Off
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next