Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. U/3D

Go down 
+27
fronkhead
Zaphod_B
Sentinator
Sylveon
Rum
Cube
Solve My Maze
SquidgyGoat
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
masofdas
Reggie Fils-Aime
nupkin
Treesmurf
Dusty Knackers
Admin
Crumpy Andy
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
Athrun888
shanks
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 EmptyThu 12 Sep 2013 - 17:26

The_Jaster wrote:
Is it me or have visuals got even better?
I know what you mean, especially regarding Link.  That said, Villager's hands look lumpen and freakish close up, while Peach's ribbon appears to be made of alternating foreground and background 2D strips.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 EmptyFri 13 Sep 2013 - 10:17

The_Jaster wrote:
Its changed quite a lot over the years tbh & if that Link is based on Skyward sword then the hair colour is correct.
That explains it then. I haven't played Skyward much since my lounge room set up results in the motion plus sensor not working properly (at all more like) so I'm not all that familiar with the Link from that installment.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 EmptyThu 26 Sep 2013 - 10:26

Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 Screen-4

On the plus side, he looks lovely. Like his character model's been made out of plasticine or something. On the minus side, did anyone want clones to return in SSB4? Especially the most cloney clone of them all? Anyone? Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 EmptyThu 26 Sep 2013 - 11:05

I actually prefer toon link over Normal to be honest
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 EmptyThu 26 Sep 2013 - 11:09

Me too, but I'd prefer a different Zelda character over two characters that are really pretty similar. Sakurai could have always given Link some of his clone's attributes. Moot point now, of course.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 EmptyThu 26 Sep 2013 - 11:22

My hype for this game is decreasing, Toon Link had better have a completely renovated set of moves with only keeping the nimble trait or I am going to be incredibly angry at his inclusion over other Zelda characters like Ghirahim. And I say that as someone who almost never played as anyone but Toon Link and Marth in Brawl.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 EmptyThu 26 Sep 2013 - 11:51

Athrun888 wrote:
My hype for this game is decreasing, Toon Link had better have a completely renovated set of moves with only keeping the nimble trait or I am going to be incredibly angry at his inclusion over other Zelda characters like Ghirahim.
Ghirahim? You must be joking! There's no chance such a minor character in the grand scheme of the Zelda franchise would get in. I'm content with Toon Link's inclusion, I preferred him to vanilla Link anyway. They weren't going to exclude him considering the release of Wind Waker HD. I think the Zelda franchise is well represented with two Links, Zelda and Ganondorf.

As for the whole clone debate, I'm not fussed so long as they aren't merely palette swaps. It's a fighting game staple to have characters very similar in playstyle (see: Ryu/Ken/Akuma, Jin/Kazuya/Heihachi, so on...) whilst still allowing for subtle nuances in how you'd play both characters. For example, in Brawl I'd very rarely jump about with Link as he's got a strong horizontal attacking base, where as with Toon Link's downward thrust being different from vanilla Link I would usually jump about, doing hit-and-runs with the downward thrust attack.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 EmptyThu 26 Sep 2013 - 12:09

Vaati, then. He's been in as many Zelda games as TL, and would be less boring.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 EmptyThu 26 Sep 2013 - 12:14

Yeah, Vaati is substantially less minor than Ghirahim. Although, I think he'd probably be best suited to an assist trophy, he's not been in the Zelda zeitgeist for some time.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 EmptyThu 26 Sep 2013 - 12:38

Why not just have Vaati on the 3DS version instead of toon link?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 EmptyThu 26 Sep 2013 - 19:43

Balla wrote:
Like his character model's been made out of plasticine or something.
Or Pixar style as I like to call it.....all of Nintendo's future games are turning out like this especially Mario Kart 8 & I love it.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 EmptyFri 27 Sep 2013 - 16:46

JayMoyles wrote:
Athrun888 wrote:
My hype for this game is decreasing, Toon Link had better have a completely renovated set of moves with only keeping the nimble trait or I am going to be incredibly angry at his inclusion over other Zelda characters like Ghirahim.
Ghirahim? You must be joking! There's no chance such a minor character in the grand scheme of the Zelda franchise would get in. I'm content with Toon Link's inclusion, I preferred him to vanilla Link anyway. They weren't going to exclude him considering the release of Wind Waker HD. I think the Zelda franchise is well represented with two Links, Zelda and Ganondorf.
Why would I be joking?  Skyward Sword was the last main Zelda to be released and the Link in this game is supposed to be the same one from Skyward.  In that sense Ghirahim makes complete sense, and it's high time Zelda got another rep since we haven't had a downright new character from Zelda added since Melee.  Besides Lucario proved some slots go to the newest major character in a franchise rather than the most iconic when he replaced Mewtwo.

Really though I'm just tired of the same four characters representing Zelda, all that's been announced so far besides Megaman are joke characters and repeats, I want some fresh blood for some of the big returning franchises already.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 EmptyFri 27 Sep 2013 - 17:05

Villager isn't a joke character! He's a representative of one of Nintendo's best-selling franchises, and one that people have wanted a character from for ages. He turned up in the list of characters the forum wanted when we played that game, after all (and unlike the 3DS didn't get removed almost straight away. None of you have any vision DAMN YOU! ).

Wii Fit Trainer... okay, a bit more left field. Still, rather her than another bleddy Mario character.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 EmptySat 28 Sep 2013 - 14:06

I'm not saying joke character as a negative. Someone can be a joke character while representing something important and being good. villager has all the makings of a joke character, looks incredibly unassuming and his moves all look to be incredibly odd and comedic, but he'll also probably play well. Take R.O.B in Brawl, he's a bit of a joke inclusion yet represents vintage Nintendo and also is a rather strong character.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 11:00

Okay, discussion topic: new moves for old characters.  Sakurai has said on Miiverse that the moves of characters may change in testing: this is good for me, as I'd like to see more edits to existing movesets, to help make the game feel as different as possible from Brawl.  Are there any existing special moves, Final Smashes, or other attacks that you'd like to see changed from Brawl to 4?

Top of my list is getting rid of Link's poxy boomerang.  It was never a projectile I liked much, and it didn't feature in SS, whence this new Link is meant to originate.  I'd much rather see the whip from SS make an appearance as a B+> move.  In fact, I'd rather like it if Kirby got the same, lashing out with his yarn whip from Epic Yarn.  And of course Luigi has to have the Poltergust this time around.  He just has to.

Any thoughts?  And given Luigi's new floaty jump, as seen in SMB2 and SM3DW, are there any other characteristics of existing characters that could stand to be altered?

ND EDIT: ...bollocks. Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 17:43

Most unsurprising character return ever.  Now can we please have some new cool faces Nintendo?  Meh 

As for characters getting new moves, I want Ganondorf to get a completely new set of moves, preferably moves that are fast enough to actually hit the foe too.  He can keep his neutral A attack and his down A attack, but the rest need to go. I can forgive Zelda not getting a new character is Ganondorf stops playing like a monumentally terrible clone of Captain Falcon and actually plays uniquely.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 19:00

Balladeer wrote:
Top of my list is getting rid of Link's poxy boomerang.  It was never a projectile I liked much, and it didn't feature in SS, whence this new Link is meant to originate.  I'd much rather see the whip from SS make an appearance as a B+> move.  In fact, I'd rather like it if Kirby got the same, lashing out with his yarn whip from Epic Yarn.  And of course Luigi has to have the Poltergust this time around.  He just has to. 
Yes to all of the above! Also, get rid of Mario's cape.

And I'm not miffed about that character return - seems like a natural inclusion now.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 19:06

Yeah yeah, it was as inevitable as getting a cold in autumn.

I'm actually okay with the cape.  I'd rather see FLUDD revamped: useless, it was.  Stick a bottle rocket on it instead.  And I'd like to lose the fireball in exchange for firing Star Bits, but I highly doubt that will happen.

I was thinking mostly of characters that have been announced, Athrun.  That said, Ganondorf definitely needs a makeover.  Something like this:
B - ball of energy thing, like the kind he uses to play ping-pong;
B+> - sword attack of some sort;
B+^ - not so bad, but change it into a simple uppercut as opposed to hugging the foe;
B+v - transform into pig-Ganon, with a completely different moveset.  About as likely as Pichu making a comeback, but it'd be great;
Final Smash - bring down Hyrule Castle on top of your foe or something.  I dunno, I usually have Final Smashes turned off.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 21:21

Oh, already announced?  Okay then, Bowser renovation time.  His special moves can stay the same, they seem pretty solid, but his normal attacks need to go.

A is his old one two claw slashes
A> is now a downward swipe of the claw, this is mostly just a cosmetic difference
A^ is largely the same
Av is a tail attack of some sort rather than two redundant swipes of the claws that leaves him stupidly open

Now for his smash attacks.

Smash > is now a punch with his claw, it doesn't hit the foe as hard as his old one but it makes up for actually being fast enough to hit them now
Smash ^ is a a headbutt with his horns that has a sweet spot effect
Smash v is now just one spin around rather than several that leaves Bowser completely open for so long it results in the player never using it
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 22:57

Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 Screen-2

Glad to see he's back.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 23:10

Same, would be nice to see one other sonic character maybe shadow, and even other SEGA character's maybe. I'm still waiting for bayonetta to be in it, has to happen.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 23:32

What's that? You're wanting more Sonic characters in Smash Bros? Well I'm happy to help!

Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 Bigthecat
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 23:36

God Know not him any one apart from him, then I remember cream. I hate you SEGA sometimes with your stupid idea to have more friends for sonic.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 23:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 23:46

masofdas wrote:
Same, would be nice to see one other sonic character maybe shadow, and even other SEGA character's maybe. I'm still waiting for bayonetta to be in it, has to happen.
I love Sonic and a lot of Sega characters but one is enough.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 23:52

I just feel sonic needs a adversary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. U/3D
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next