Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. U/3D

Go down 
+27
fronkhead
Zaphod_B
Sentinator
Sylveon
Rum
Cube
Solve My Maze
SquidgyGoat
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
masofdas
Reggie Fils-Aime
nupkin
Treesmurf
Dusty Knackers
Admin
Crumpy Andy
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
Athrun888
shanks
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 8 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 0:11

Given the history I think Mario does that job well enough.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 8 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 0:18

Yeah, I suppose. Shadow could be DLC, just think of the money that could be made with dlc characters and stages.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 8 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 0:31

Not sure if I'd like Nintendo to go down that route although I suppose they wouldn't sell us short by only including a few characters and stages and then having loads of extra ones on release as DLC as most companies tend to do.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 8 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 0:36

I think they would do it, if after the game comes out and loads put on the miiverse we want shadow then they might go let's bring him as DLC.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 8 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 1:16

Shadow should just be a costume - like the Daisy costume for Peach.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 8 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 2:09

Yeah, agreed with that. I think if a Sonic character would be to get in, it'd be Tails.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 8 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 7:48

One Sonic character is quite awful enough thank you. Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 8 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 10:27

So shadow would be easy to do then cube just make him a little stronger and slightly slower. 

Tails makes sense jay but does smash need two good characters from the sonic universe. 

Sonic makes the most sense out of any guest character. I still don't get why snake was in brawl as only 5 metal gear games have been on Nintendo platforms and they were ports or remastered version apart from the gameboy color game.

Pac Man might make sense as a character to  do as namco is working on smash, and he has a long gaming history maybe to related to nintendo but seems to fit the game. And he's getting a TV show and some games soon (I think nintendo only), so could be a way to promote the game at the start of the TV show they could do a add going play as pac man in the new smash bros.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 8 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 11:01

masofdas wrote:
Tails makes sense jay but does smash need two ... characters from the sonic universe. 
No, it doesn't. In fact, let me fix that further:

masofdas wrote:
Tails makes sense jay but does smash need two ... characters from any one third-party universe. 
No, it doesn't. I'll agree that both Mega Man and Sonic fit better than Snake, as they both have their own places within Nintendo's history (although I would much rather see old-school Sonic rather than his modern cousin Steve), but this is meant to be a celebration of Nintendo. Tails is not a Nintendo character, nor is he famous for being Mario's rival. Shadow was a rubbish character anyway: an emo palette-swap of Sonic, who had a rubbish game. And he's still not a Nintendo character. Keep him as an Assist Trophy.

Pac-Man is a better third-party idea, but my main argument against him is the same as my one against Sonic: he's rubbish. Unless they're planning to bring back the old "pizza-missing-a-slice" Pac-Man.

Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 8 Pacman-thumbsup

Look at him, then tell me you wouldn't feel ashamed to play as him. TELL ME WHILE LOOKING ME IN THE EYES.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 8 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 12:07

I don't really no what assist trophies are (barley played brawl) but if that makes more sense to have tails as sonic universe assist then that's great.

Where is your stand on wonder red or any other w101 making it into smash, http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/09/hideki_kamiya_would_be_honoured_if_one_of_his_creations_made_it_into_smash_bros or bayonetta neither are nintendo character's but both could fit into smash seeing as platinum is pretty much nintnedo only now.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 8 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 12:13

Bayonetta is straight out. She's too "adult": she wouldn't fit in with Mario, Olimar, Pikachu et al. Like Snake didn't.

Wonder Red is harder, partly because he has no interesting character at all. His general style meshes much better with the Smash world than Bayonetta, or even Sonic. I think he'd have really great moves (like Snake did, actually), but I feel that third-party characters ought to have some sort of history with Nintendo. Maybe if The Wonderful 102 were released as another Nintendo exclusive, I'd look more fondly on the idea.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 8 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 12:31

They could change her look more like link, zelda, ganon, marth, ike, roy, type human character.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 8 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 13:09

Third party characters I wouldn't mind seeing: Layton, Phoenix Wright, Amaterasu. Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. And Ammy's Platinum property now, I believe?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 8 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 14:15

Balladeer wrote:
Phoenix Wright
I reckon his inclusion in Marvel vs Capcom 3 (link to brilliant footage of him in-game) could genuinely make a Smash Bros. appearance very likely.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 8 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 15:37

Amaterasu was a character in the same game, I believe!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 8 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 23:41

JayMoyles wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Phoenix Wright
I reckon his inclusion in Marvel vs Capcom 3 (link to brilliant footage of him in-game) could genuinely make a Smash Bros. appearance very likely.
Genuinely one of the best things I've ever seen in a game.

Balladeer wrote:
Amaterasu was a character in the same game, I believe!
In that very video in fact and a rather good character she was, well suited to the genre.

If we're talking 3rd Party then Rayman would be a great choice and had Legends stayed exclusive I think it would have been a certainty.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 8 EmptyThu 3 Oct 2013 - 20:24

Seeing as the newest one sold millions really quickly in Japan, you'd have to assume that they'd stick some Monster Hunter characters in this. We might even see some characters from Castlevania and Resident Evil too.

Chase McCain would be a class addition, but I'm going to guess that there's a ton of licensing stuff that would get in the road of that happening.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 8 EmptyThu 3 Oct 2013 - 21:48

Castlevania's a good shout considering Konami allowed Snake to appear in the last one.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 8 EmptyThu 3 Oct 2013 - 22:23

Vania does have some history with Nintendo, Res Evil history in my mind is with PlayStation. I can't see what the issues would really be with chase warner seems to have a good partnership with nintendo and they published it, so might just be at LEGO's end.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 8 EmptyThu 3 Oct 2013 - 23:02

Mega Man's Nintendo history stems from the NES days really and that's where Castlevania's history stems from. I could see Simon Belmont cropping up.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 8 EmptyThu 3 Oct 2013 - 23:09

JayMoyles wrote:
Castlevania's a good shout considering Konami allowed Snake to appear in the last one.
They begged for him to be in Melee, as they were working closely together at that time. Konami's support of Nintendo in recent years make me think that no Konami characters will make an appearance.

I'm curious to see if (and how) Pac-man would be done. Namco are doing a lot of the development.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 8 EmptyThu 3 Oct 2013 - 23:36

Yeah, Pac-Man will probably be in, given Namco's work. I don't know if he should be - after all, traditionally he's just a sphere, and arms/legs/nose Pac-Man is a bit quirky. But then, who is the next-most-famous Namco characters?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 8 EmptyThu 3 Oct 2013 - 23:38

Tales of characters? Anime characters?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 8 EmptyThu 3 Oct 2013 - 23:46

blech! Also would folk (yer average nintendo fan) know who those characters were?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 8 EmptyThu 3 Oct 2013 - 23:49

Nope, but that's all I could think of for Namco Bandai. Possibly Dead or Alive and Soul Calibur too?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. U/3D
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next