Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. U/3D

Go down 
+27
fronkhead
Zaphod_B
Sentinator
Sylveon
Rum
Cube
Solve My Maze
SquidgyGoat
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
masofdas
Reggie Fils-Aime
nupkin
Treesmurf
Dusty Knackers
Admin
Crumpy Andy
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
Athrun888
shanks
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 4:45

Really?!?  DAMN YOU!  Seems a bit out of place
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 5:23

LAAAAAAAMMMMEEEE.  There was one character I was hoping we wouldn't see, and that was him.  I'm already so happy with the rest of the cast that despite my constant banging on about who I want in the game I would have been happy if it ended with the ones we got plus a few obvious returnees, but now I'm distinctly unhappy.  I don't have anything against that character, but his inclusion just rubs me the wrong way.  It was inevitable with namco helping out, but that doesn't mean I wasn't secretly hoping he wouldn't show up.

Great news about the returnee however, he's an example of how you do joke characters and was and will likely continue to be a great addition.  He's not cool or anything but I've always been fond of him, and he plays really nicely too!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 5:24

Got a really important question, what will Kirby will look like when he inhales a mii? (all mii's look different after all)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 7:12

The first tweet there ably sums up how I feel about this:

"Owen ‏@TheMysteryOven 4h

@NintendoAmerica FUCK OFF"

This video also seems to reveal G&W.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 10:36

IGN thought he'd be in it as you could have him v Mario v Sonic v Mega Man. Now that's gaming history.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 10:47

Balladeer wrote:
The first tweet there ably sums up how I feel about this:

"Owen ‏@TheMysteryOven 4h

@NintendoAmerica FUCK OFF"

I honestly don't see the problem everyone is having with this. It's not like he hasn't been in a Ninty title before, and as Mas rightly points out, he's a piece of gaming history. I'd much rather see someone as historically significant to gaming as Pac-Man in the game than say, a third Fire Emblem character.

Also, he looks great! Announcing him alongside G&W proves that he fits in with the roster well as G&W is just as goofy as Pac-Man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 10:52

Pizza-slice Pac-Man is a part of history, and the best part of this edition is when he goes pizza-slice. The armed and legged abomination is not part of any history I want to remember. Has it had a single decent game?

To be fair, the SSB4 team do seem to be trying to use his heritage as much as possible (although what's with the hydrant?).
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 10:57

But it'd look bloody daft if he was just a pizza slice walking about. They're clearly aware that's what most people will remember him from considering nearly all of his moveset is centred around the old arcade-style Pac-Man. I think it's a great inclusion, and he's a better Nintendo fit than Snake was.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 10:57

Although I was skeptic about Mii characters it looks like they have had allot of thought put into fitting them into smash. I wouldn't worry about the likes of Falcon and Jigglypuff though as some characters just aren't revealed until launch. I think Jigg has always been a character you have to unlock?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 11:03

It has, that's true.  And Falcon has been in 2/3 games, as has Ness.

JayMoyles wrote:
But it'd look bloody daft if he was just a pizza slice walking about. They're clearly aware that's what most people will remember him from considering nearly all of his moveset is centred around the old arcade-style Pac-Man. I think it's a great inclusion, and he's a better Nintendo fit than Snake was.

Bayonetta would have been a better fit than Snake was!  And it would have looked bloody daft, yes, so maybe they should just not have used the idea at all?  As opposed to reminding people of the hideous travesty that Pac-Man is currently?  Or could they just not find the words to express that to Namco?  "You've butchered him; please understand that we don't want him in Smash until he's had some good games"?

Like I say, though, they do seem to have done the best with what they have.  I especially like his Final Smash.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 11:13

But they've used that design on Pac-Man on the game's advertising for so so long though.

They've taken this design, from the arcade cabinets no less. It's not a callback to any shitey 3D Pac-Man games, but to the promotional art and his character design throughout the years.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 11:16

Ah, I didn't actually realise that. Feel slightly kinder towards it now.

Still think there are too many third-party characters, especially when none of them are Layton or Wright.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 11:19

I think at the very least one of your two small text namedrops should have made it in. Wright was so damn fantastic in MvC3.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 11:33

Maybe that contributed to him not appearing.

On another couple of topics: anyone up for path-branching Classic Mode? And is Dark Pit going to be an alternate Pit costume, complete with voice samples? I really do hope so.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 11:44

Balladeer wrote:
And is Dark Pit going to be an alternate Pit costume, complete with voice samples?  I really do hope so.

I had a thought when that popped up - that'd be a great way of including "clone" characters. Dark Pit as a costume for Pit, Lucina-Marth as a costume for, well, Marth... I'm sure there's others people could bring up.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 12:07

Yep I said that about that for Marth, also could have classic wario and the warioware version, mario and dr etc could be cool.

Also Shadow was shown as an assist trophy I think during the tourney.

Here's those cube controllers that know one will buy now as you can use a actual cube controller.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 12:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 12:22

JayMoyles wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
And is Dark Pit going to be an alternate Pit costume, complete with voice samples?  I really do hope so.

I had a thought when that popped up - that'd be a great way of including "clone" characters. Dark Pit as a costume for Pit, Lucina-Marth as a costume for, well, Marth... I'm sure there's others people could bring up.

That's how they do it in the hacked versions.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 13:00

JayMoyles wrote:

Shadow's an AT, if Mas is to be believed, otherwise he'd be one. Bass, of "Mega Man &" fame? Various flavours of Link? SSBM clones like Pichu and Dr. Mario? Mewtwo as a Lucario clone? Grin
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 14:30

JayMoyles wrote:
But they've used that design on Pac-Man on the game's advertising for so so long though.

They've taken this design, from the arcade cabinets no less. It's not a callback to any shitey 3D Pac-Man games, but to the promotional art and his character design throughout the years.

That's clearly Puckman not pac man.  Razz 
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 15:21

Well you know Pac-Man was originally Puckman but not because Pac-Man looks like a hockey puck and paku-paku-paku means flapping your mouth and they changed it because if you scratch out the "P" and turn it into an "F'? You know? Like... Uhh...

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 EmptyThu 12 Jun 2014 - 1:12

Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 Tumblr_inline_mphira7iX51qz4rgp
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 EmptyThu 12 Jun 2014 - 2:34

masofdas wrote:
Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 Tumblr_inline_mphira7iX51qz4rgp

Glad someone got it, I was concerned people thought I had some sort of nervous breakdown about Pac-Man.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 EmptyThu 12 Jun 2014 - 8:20

Aye I knew all that, was just messing about  Laughing I personally don't have a problem with pac man being in smash as he's one of the most recognisable characters in games/pop culture, he never really transitioned into 3d that well though.

But this is just an amazing sight to see.

Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 Screen-2
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 EmptyThu 12 Jun 2014 - 9:43

It is,

Surprised know one has brought this up but I've seen on no gaming news site like IGN, CVG, NL etc myself but Tumbler of all places info on the GameCube Controller.

The Adapter will be $19.99, Will work with the WaveBird
The GameCube SMASH controller (the one in all images of the adapter) $29.99
SMASH Bros Wii U Players Pak (It was called something like that), The Game, The Adapter, The SMASH controller $99.99 a saving of $10.

No UK listing yet on Amazon etc but I think looking it will be around £84.99 in the UK the bundle. I want the SMASH bundle to have the option of the GameCube controller and easier multiplayer also that cool controller which will make 7 controllers I own (if you count the chainsaw) and might pick up a WaveBird but all this still makes me wonder what is it like on the gamepad and even the Pro U as when IGN showed of SMASH. One of the guys brought up the Pro U does the job fine but something doesn't feel right about it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 EmptyThu 12 Jun 2014 - 10:36

I'll definitely be wanting the bundle (I knew they'd do one) as my cube controllers have an annoying oily-ness to the sticks which is proved tough to remove, as for the pro U I'd imagine it'd be a similar feeling to using a CCP you can get along fine but the placement of the buttons feel wrong. (especially if you were introduced to smash with Melee)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. U/3D
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next