Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. U/3D

Go down 
+27
fronkhead
Zaphod_B
Sentinator
Sylveon
Rum
Cube
Solve My Maze
SquidgyGoat
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
masofdas
Reggie Fils-Aime
nupkin
Treesmurf
Dusty Knackers
Admin
Crumpy Andy
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
Athrun888
shanks
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 EmptyTue 28 Jan 2014 - 23:38

Didn't the boomerang make an appearance in Skyward Sword or am I confusing it with Twilight Princess?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014 - 8:48

I think so - TP had the Gale Boomerang, SS didn't have anything of that ilk.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 EmptyFri 31 Jan 2014 - 7:48

Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 ZlCfzRcUf78b7ntIim

Why are you not Mewtwo? And why do you look exactly the same as in Brawl, down to your rubbish counter-attack? Aww! 

Also, there's a Wii U Kid Icarus course:

Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 ZlCfzRb46DspQATxPJ
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 EmptyFri 31 Jan 2014 - 8:38

So people can stand back and keep firing aura spheres at us again..
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 EmptyFri 31 Jan 2014 - 10:20

Words cannot describe how unhappy I am with this choice.  Instead of getting the awesome mewtwo we get a lame clone of him that wasn't even that good.  Mewtwo feeling floaty to use was fine because he's supposed to be psychic, lucario being a fighting type feeling like that felt very wrong.  I'm just going to pretend Lucario doesn't actually have a higher special attack than physical attack in the actual games...  Suspect 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 EmptyFri 31 Jan 2014 - 10:33

Somebody on ONM said that this is looking rushed, and I'm forced to agree. Clone characters (e.g. Toon Link) returning, very few new moves shown, and now this chap being an apparent copy-paste from Brawl... Yes we want it this year, but I'd rather wait a bit longer and have a bit more effort put in.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 EmptyFri 31 Jan 2014 - 10:54

Lucario? Really?

The rushed comment I can certainly agree with, considering the abundance of clone characters so far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 EmptyFri 31 Jan 2014 - 11:05

Athrun888 wrote:
Words cannot describe how unhappy I am with this choice. 

Jings. It's just an avatar in a computer game.

That said, for the people hacked off by this, doesn't it stand to reason that they'd save the best announcements until a later, bigger stage, or even as unlockables? Think of all the quality secret characters the three previous Brawl games had, and then tell me that Sora/Namco don't have a few aces up their sleeves.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 EmptyFri 31 Jan 2014 - 11:10

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

That said, for the people hacked off by this, doesn't it stand to reason that they'd save the best announcements until a later, bigger stage, or even as unlockables? Think of all the quality secret characters the three previous Brawl games had, and then tell me that Sora/Namco don't have a few aces up their sleeves.

I don't know... I think they've likely announced the majority of new characters at this point, with the big ones already having been revealed in Mega Man/Villager/Wii Fit Woman. There might be one big surprise to come, but I'm not holding my breath.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 EmptyFri 31 Jan 2014 - 11:22

I think TCK has a point, and that there will be some surprises to come.  See my post near the top of page 13 - 12 new characters, then 13, then 15, then four?  I doubt it.  

I know that Ridley was a borderline case in Brawl, and can't see him being omitted - maybe they're saving him to coincide with a Metroid game announcement at E3?  (I can hope.)  Even if not, there'll be at least one at E3, like Rosalina was; and then a couple of others kept secret until release.

That said, every old character revealed is a slot taken up, not just in the roster, but in their franchise.   Lucario was a Mewtwo adaptation, added into Brawl because it coincided with Diamond/Pearl.  With his inclusion, he's almost certainly pushed out either Mewtwo, who people wanted back (RBY nostalgia + SSBM nostalgia + more of a series representative + a better Pokémon in-game + two new Mega-Evolutions as of XY), or a completely new Pokémon fighter.  

It's all about the opportunity cost: what has been sacrificed that Lucario might make it in, and was it worth it?  To quote the Magic 8 Ball, signs point to "no".
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 EmptyFri 31 Jan 2014 - 11:42

I have chortles.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 EmptyFri 31 Jan 2014 - 11:56

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Athrun888 wrote:
Words cannot describe how unhappy I am with this choice. 

Jings. It's just an avatar in a computer game.

It's pretty much because of the way this game has been handled.  Withholding the biggest things for last is all well and good but so far the majority of the announcements are just things that are basically completely bog standard for this series like Marth returning or showing off a clone.  And couple that with the fact pokemon is one of my favourite franchises and this announcement just has me unimpressed, unhappy, disgruntled, and just plain disappointed.  And balla nailed another reason, lucario is taking up a slot in the franchise and has effectively sealed the fate of another candidate.  Now I wouldn't be this upset if they'd actually done some work on lucario, but so far it looks like they've just lifted him from brawl.  

And seeing him lifted from brawl also kills another thing I was hoping to see in this game, ganondorf stop being a very poor clone of captain falcon and finally given a unique set of moves.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 EmptyFri 31 Jan 2014 - 12:24

It's not exactly being treated as a big announcement - it was slipped out for the sake of providing the regular daily update and a few thousand likes on Miiverse. It doesn't have it's own trailer on Nintendo Direct, and it isn't big news on Nintendo's official site. They are bog-standard announcements, Nintendo know it, we know it, and that's all Lucario, Marth and the rest of them have been treated.

I haven't read anywhere about a designated number of character slots per games series. Has anybody? What's stopping the development team from sticking in, say, five, six, seven or more different Pokémon? Is Lucario not one of the more popular ones anyway?

Agreed that clones are pish and that the characters should be individual, though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 EmptyFri 31 Jan 2014 - 13:01

I agree that it wasn't a big announcement - previous Sakurai Miits have been used to display background details of stages, fancy visual effects, or returning items.

As for character limits, there's nothing formal, but there's the overall consideration of space on the disc and development time, and (I presume) a desire to make sure that no one franchise overwhelms the others. Maybe I'm wrong on that one, what with the fifth Mario franchise character revealed recently, but I can't see six Pokémon characters in the game.

My main worries are that Lucario doesn't seem to have any new moves (a potentially altered Final Smash isn't much because I don't generally use items); and that he's either replaced Mewtwo (who I'd rather see) or he'll be alongside Mewtwo, and that'll be one less new 'mon and they risk feeling too similar. I don't how popular Luke still is, but surely he can't be more so than Mewtwo? Surely?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 EmptyFri 31 Jan 2014 - 20:12

Well I'll give the it this much, lucario looks great. The new more cartoony approach to the graphics suits him more than the more realistic approach brawl took to its graphics, at least in my opinion anyhow.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 EmptyTue 4 Feb 2014 - 0:05

I would have preferred Mewtwo but I'm still glad Lucario was included as I like the move-set/character, perhaps they just felt there wasn't much need in any of the new Pokemon taking his place.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 EmptyTue 4 Feb 2014 - 8:59

In which case THEY FELT WRONG. Hissy fit

He does look good though. Pretty aura moves.

Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 ZlCfzRdeseIZoz8bws
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 EmptyThu 6 Feb 2014 - 12:00

Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 Fmgm

Cheeky

Also Palkia is the first Poké Ball Pokémon to be confirmed as such.  Not one of my favourites.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 EmptyThu 6 Feb 2014 - 18:47

Finally the moment everyone's been waiting for, checking out the hole up Rosalina's dress.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 EmptyFri 7 Feb 2014 - 1:23

Cue wii U images share pics from ibbsters on twitter upon the game release.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 EmptyFri 7 Feb 2014 - 7:51

He... likes his up-skirt pictures, does he? Meh 

Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 ZlCfzReIEp4qSu4lC-

New Assist Trophy. Looking huge.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 EmptyMon 10 Feb 2014 - 8:48

Today's Miiverse post shows nothing of any consequence, but I thought I'd link to it because it made me smile.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 EmptyTue 11 Feb 2014 - 16:06

The_Jaster wrote:
Cue wii U images share pics from ibbsters on twitter upon the game release.

https://twitter.com/ibbsters/status/409063600146612224
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 EmptyTue 11 Feb 2014 - 16:20

fronkhead wrote:
No one misses ibbsters?

No No No 
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 EmptyTue 11 Feb 2014 - 17:26

Balladeer wrote:
New Assist Trophy.  Looking huge.

Urgh, Mother Brain looks suitably horrific.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. U/3D
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next