We've tried beers, they taste like beers.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Metal Gear Series

Go down 
+10
oldschool
Admin
JayMoyles
Cube
The_Jaster
beemoh
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
masofdas
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Favourite Metal Gear
Metal Gear
Metal Gear Series - Page 8 Vote_lcap0%Metal Gear Series - Page 8 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Snakes Revenge
 0% [ 0 ]
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Series - Page 8 Vote_lcap10%Metal Gear Series - Page 8 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Ghost Babel
 0% [ 0 ]
Sons of Liberty
 10% [ 1 ]
Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Series - Page 8 Vote_lcap30%Metal Gear Series - Page 8 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Snake Eater / 3D
Metal Gear Series - Page 8 Vote_lcap40%Metal Gear Series - Page 8 Vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
Acid
 0% [ 0 ]
Acid 2
 0% [ 0 ]
Portable Ops / +
 0% [ 0 ]
Guns of the Patriots
 0% [ 0 ]
Online / Arcade
 0% [ 0 ]
Peace Walker
 10% [ 1 ]
Revengearce
 0% [ 0 ]
Ground Zeroes
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

Metal Gear Series - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 8 EmptySat 12 Sep 2015 - 9:39

At the end of the game, you'll unlock a gallery of every possible cutscene, save yourself for that rather than let us spoil stuff for you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 8 EmptySat 12 Sep 2015 - 9:42

At the end of MGS3 then he will be watching about 10hrs of cut-scenes with all the possible ones in that & watching MGS4, better get some fried mars bars in Jay.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 8 EmptySat 12 Sep 2015 - 13:45

Awesome, will check that out once I've beaten the game.

I think I'm close to the end, just going by the fact that the only Cobra left is The Boss and I've just reached the enemy main base. Oh, and The End boss fight is now up there as one of my favourite boss fights. I was so tense for that entire duel, and it totally shat on the sniper duel in MGS1. Great stuff. Thumbs Up!

(Also Mas, I hope you're not talking shit about one of Scotland's premier delicacies there.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 8 EmptySat 12 Sep 2015 - 20:07

Yeah, The End is my favourite boss fight in the entire series, although I have not finished V yet.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 8 EmptySat 12 Sep 2015 - 23:15

Just beat MGS3... It was absolutely fantastic. I'll need a while to get my thoughts about the game fully in order as I've literally just beaten it but for now...

Metal Gear Series - Page 8 BIiplYg
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 8 EmptySun 13 Sep 2015 - 13:49

Jimmy Shand and his videogame band.

Yeah, MGS3 is phenomenal. As a standalone game I'd say it was by far the best (but I've got a feeling Phantom Pain will have pipped it by the end).

Jay wrote:
pic

Man, that gets me emotional. She gave her life, and her honour...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 8 EmptySun 13 Sep 2015 - 15:30

It really was something special. Definitely my favourite out of the three I've played thus far.

A few thoughts - contains gushing about how good MGS3 is:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 8 EmptySun 13 Sep 2015 - 17:47

You don't play MG4 Jay, you watch it.

A question Jay on MGS3 and it being your favourite, as your playing them all now and there new to you do you think because it's newer and has better controls is why it ranks higher then MGS & MGS2 as you don't have the nostalgia of what made either of those greats.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 8 EmptySun 13 Sep 2015 - 19:33

masofdas wrote:
You don't play MG4 Jay, you watch it.
Rolling Eyes
MGS4 is a quality game, with good sequences of action and stealth gameplay and a final section which, even with PW, GZ and TPP still feels like a perfect, fitting end to the series. There are sections with excessive cutscenes and lesser involvement, and as a standalone game it is lacking compared to 1 or 3 but if you're feeling yourself getting into the series, you are gonna love it.
Quote :
do you think because it's newer and has  better controls is why it ranks higher then MGS & MGS2 as you don't have the nostalgia of what made either of those greats.
Mas, did you even read jays post?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 8 EmptySun 13 Sep 2015 - 19:41

I love MGS4 Drunka but still found it to be more of a movie then a game.

Yeah I read Jays post, I'm asking if he thinks if he played MGS first back in 1998 (?) would his thoughts on MGS3 be the same, it's again the whole Final Fantasy thing the first you played seems to be the best but with Jay playing all MGS in one go will the newest be considered the best to him as it's not aged & has modern things in gaming.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 8 EmptySun 13 Sep 2015 - 19:51

JayMoyles wrote:
I probably had more fun playing through MGS2 as a whole
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 8 EmptySun 13 Sep 2015 - 20:19

But he does say he thinks MGS3 is his favourite in the series as well.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 8 EmptySun 13 Sep 2015 - 21:56

masofdas wrote:

A question Jay on MGS3 and it being your favourite, as your playing them all now and there new to you do you think because it's newer and has  better controls is why it ranks higher then MGS & MGS2 as you don't have the nostalgia of what made either of those greats.

Well, no, that's not why MGS3 ended up being my favourite (thus far!). The extra camera control was nice and all, but as Drunka points out, I had more fun playing through MGS2 - I found it easier to control Raiden and got caught a lot less than I did in MGS3. But as a complete package, namely for its story and boss battles, MGS3 trumps MGS2 in my opinion.

I started MGS4 tonight and beat the first act. I'm enjoying it, although it's early days and I've yet to run into any obnoxiously long cutscenes. The fact you were sneaking through a battlefield where the enemies had no real interest in tracking you down made the first act feel like a lot of fun to play. Also, from a story aspect, I'm loving all the old faces popping up. Meryl, Naomi, Vamp (?!)... good to see them all. I'm nervous about taking on this game's crew of crazies as they all look like tough customers, in particular the one who's like a psycho Doc Ock.

I feel a little bad about blasting my way through this series instead of letting them sink in, but I'm likely going to be getting a PS4 and MGSV as soon as next week, and I want to play it with full context.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 Sep 2015 - 0:10

JayMoyles wrote:
I'm nervous about taking on this game's crew of crazies as they all look like tough customers, in particular the one who's like a psycho Doc Ock.

Don't think you have as many boss battles in this one, but there are some really great ones to look forward to including the Doc. As for the cutscenes, i didn't find any of them obnoxious because I liked them, but the fourth one is certainly the most acquired taste out of them all.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 Sep 2015 - 0:16

andy wrote:
45 is the brilliant one

FUCK MISSION 45!

---

Now let me tell you why, I noticed a difficulty problem in MGSV about half way in but I let it slide as you could usually get around that problem by how you approach a mission but in 45 you only have the all out/explosive approach & I liked previous missions that done this but the checkpoints in this one are a complete joke.

The vehicles I have to take out absorb so much damage it's ridiculous, I thought this was down to the default rocket launcher it gives you so I dropped in a higher grade weapon & it somehow took me more hits to destroy my targets.

It's a shame as the set piece is great but they don't give you the necessary tools to make it a fair challenge.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 Sep 2015 - 7:47

@Jay thanks for elaborating, the reason MGS2 is still my favourite is because I found it the most fun to play but I might have some nostalgia as I've not played for 10+ years.

You've got a good few Boss fights in MGS4 with the Four Beauties and the very end fight at least.

@Jas can only agree mission 45 took me ages and was just plain annoying. I found 46 which Andy thought was rubbish, great but I think it's because it ties more into the series.

The secret only on the collectors Blu Ray Misson 51 looked fantastic and has to be canon, shame from I'm hearing was cut to get the game out which can only be one thing #FucKonami
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 Sep 2015 - 8:11

masofdas wrote:
the very end fight at least.
Yes Mate! Hell of a fight, that one.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 Sep 2015 - 9:18

I don't get how 46 deserves any praise. It is weak sauce. It's horrific to play for what? 2 seconds of cutscene at the end? Eugh.

45 is tough but I never thought it was unfair. There was 1 tanks who killed me a few times but my launcher did more than enough to sink most others in like 2 hits. Aside from that though the cutscenes are top notch and genuinely made me care, in a game without a lot of story/character development I think that's a hell of a thing.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 Sep 2015 - 9:54

andyman949 wrote:
a game without a lot of story/character development .

I don't think that's quite fair. It doesn't have oodles of cutscenes and codec calls but it expresses the characters well in other ways, I find.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 Sep 2015 - 13:02

andy wrote:
45 is tough but I never thought it was unfair. There was 1 tanks who killed me a few times but my launcher did more than enough to sink most others in like 2 hits. Aside from that though the cutscenes are top notch and genuinely made me care, in a game without a lot of story/character development I think that's a hell of a thing.

What launcher were you using? I thought my weapons were upgraded enough but after 3 hours of trying to beat it it obviously isn't the case.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 Sep 2015 - 13:27

I'd still say it was story lite. The missions are particularly story focused and every dude you pick up/kill is barely distinguishable from the next.

I listened to all of the tapes I could and it was a bit like listening to a more fleshed out version of a mission description, nobody really develops though, Snake remains as silent as ever, Ocelot always takes the opposite view to Kaz, Quiet doesn't talk, Code Talker basically cleans up all the missing bits of story.

Mission 45's cutscenes would be amazing in anything, don't get me wrong, but they mega stand out compared to what's there.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 Sep 2015 - 13:31

Part from 46 which the reason I think you didn't like it Andy is your not much of a MGS fan. But that mission is very much MGS & Kojima.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 Sep 2015 - 13:37

Mission 46 Gameplay Spoiler/Outrage:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 Sep 2015 - 13:39

You said the same about Deja Vu which is brill.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 Sep 2015 - 13:52

Deja Vu was just silly nostalgia, I got the point of it, it didn't feel like it was actively trying to waste my time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Series
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next