Where we remember the Battle of the Alarmo

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Things that you really love

Go down 
+22
oldschool
mandlecreed
Fastpie
masofdas
Fancy Fancy
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
awesomedude
nupkin
beemoh
Dusty Knackers
The_Jaster
SuperPaperLink
NintenDUCK
Admin
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
shanks
JayMoyles
Athrun888
Balladeer
Treesmurf
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

Things that you really love - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things that you really love   Things that you really love - Page 12 EmptyThu 25 May 2017, 20:41

Hoping the weather hangs around for the weekend. Will be great to go for a walk around town in the sun, get an ice cream from the van, properly enjoy my last weekend living here.

As for the heat being unpleasant, I work in a fridge so it hasn't bothered me Laughing
I did wake up this morning absolutely convinced I'd overslept. How can it be 6am? It's so light outside!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things that you really love   Things that you really love - Page 12 EmptyTue 08 Aug 2017, 22:52

When DIY is done. Although I might get angry about non-sequential instructions...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things that you really love   Things that you really love - Page 12 EmptyWed 09 Aug 2017, 20:06

Isn't that just saying that you don't like DIY? Tongue As a fellow dyspraxic I'm hopeless at it myself.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things that you really love   Things that you really love - Page 12 EmptyWed 09 Aug 2017, 20:18

Perhaps so but the overwhelming feeling of relief when the task is completed is worth the pain. I must have been sawing for about 70 minutes... Sad
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things that you really love   Things that you really love - Page 12 EmptyFri 11 Aug 2017, 21:07

You must have felt saw after that.

(Not only is that a dreadful pun, it's a dreadful pun that only works in non-rhotic accents.  I shouldn't be proud of myself - and yet, I am!)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Things that you really love   Things that you really love - Page 12 EmptyFri 11 Aug 2017, 22:11

Things with the words "monster" & "hunter" on the front. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things that you really love   Things that you really love - Page 12 EmptySat 12 Aug 2017, 23:01

Milkshake. Really into a nice chocolate or banana milk on the way home from work lately. Sweet, cool and refreshing but no caffeine or fizz or heat.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things that you really love   Things that you really love - Page 12 EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017, 17:24

Sunday was my birthday party. I'm still more than a tad nervous when it comes to organising events: what if people can't make it? What if nobody's there at the same time? What if I run out of a variety of mixer and then someone asks for it? It's particularly nerve-wracking for me in that most of my mates are the shy socially awkward types, including The Lady, and two plus ones I'd only met once before. What if there were long awkward silences?

I needn't have bothered. Everyone found geeky topics of conversation to share (one plus one owns his own Switch and has Majora's Mask tattooed on one wrist, the other loves Mass Effect), there was enough booze, and the Switch helped no ends (see relevant threads). All of which more than offset a hangover that wiped Monday morning out. Fortunately I had annual leave.

So: things I really love? The euphoria of having an event I've stressed over for ages, come off. Grin
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things that you really love   Things that you really love - Page 12 EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017, 17:41

Good work, sir! Grin Glad fun was had by all. Thumbs Up!

I really love when, totally by chance, someone else's self-checkout synchronises with mine - or harmonises, maybe. That's also good. I also have a soft spot for when I am calmly told to "Call for help". It's like the most polite mugging ever.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things that you really love   Things that you really love - Page 12 EmptyWed 16 Aug 2017, 09:41

ZeroJones wrote:
I really love when, totally by chance, someone else's self-checkout synchronises with mine - or harmonises, maybe.

When I used to run the checkouts in Tesco, I once deliberately set all six of ours off at once.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things that you really love   Things that you really love - Page 12 EmptyWed 16 Aug 2017, 17:21

Drunkalilly wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:
I really love when, totally by chance, someone else's self-checkout synchronises with mine - or harmonises, maybe.

When I used to run the checkouts in Tesco, I once deliberately set all six of ours off at once.

The dream! Love
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Things that you really love   Things that you really love - Page 12 EmptyMon 04 Dec 2017, 17:06

Two things have been making my academic life much easier lately:
this website: http://www.citethisforme.com/ for making it so I never have to compile another bibliography.
My dissertation supervisor, for being perhaps the best programmer and most helpful teacher I've ever encountered.
My dissertation project is to create a 3D modelling tool, imagine Blender but stripped down to a few basic tools and (hopefully) an obj exporter.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things that you really love   Things that you really love - Page 12 EmptyMon 04 Dec 2017, 18:55

Sounds like things are going well, DUCK. Great stuff. Thumbs Up!

For me, the greatest bliss I've been experiencing recently is finding a spot in a shop that I can stand in and be out of the way. The relief is palpable - I can really feel it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things that you really love   Things that you really love - Page 12 EmptyMon 04 Dec 2017, 21:08

Well done to the Duckster for bumping this thread. Although it reminds me just how often I've said that I like pizza and spring.

I really like pizza and spring you chaps. When it comes around to spring, I must be careful not to eat pizza or I might explode with delight.

I'm guessing this is the missus asking you to shop with her Zero? Shopping is one for the other thread for me: fortunately The Lady feels the same way.

As for recent joy, Nintendo in the past year have given me a fair amount to be joyful about! Grin Otherwise, have this .gif of puppy nibble fight:

Things that you really love - Page 12 Tenor
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Things that you really love   Things that you really love - Page 12 EmptyTue 06 Mar 2018, 21:31

I never thought I'd post this sentence here, but I really love heavy rainfall. Well, context required - I love heavy rainfall following on from Snowmaggedon. What could have taken days to thaw out is gone thanks to the good ol' Scottish climate. Grin

Now watch me rescind this post after I'm hit with flooding tomorrow. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Things that you really love   Things that you really love - Page 12 EmptyTue 06 Mar 2018, 22:24

I'd love to have some that heavy rain through this way as the pavements are still packed with snow/ice/slush.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things that you really love   Things that you really love - Page 12 EmptyTue 06 Mar 2018, 22:45

The_Jaster wrote:
I'd love to have some that heavy rain through this way as the pavements are still packed with snow/ice/slush.

Press X for Rain
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things that you really love   Things that you really love - Page 12 EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018, 13:53

Quiplash. Just... Quiplash.

Context: had a group 'round my place on Saturday for drinks and fun times. Some keen gamers, some not. Some who knew each other, some didn't.

I got out Quiplash, and everybody chuffing loved it.

The champ from last time I did this sort of thing was dethroned in dramatic fashion, but she still loves it because 'she's usually useless at these sorts of things, but we seem to get her humour'. My sister turned up, afraid she wouldn't know people well enough to do well: she came first once and second once out of four games. I know that it's only as good as the people you play it with, and maybe I just have really great friends for that sort of thing, but everybody had a ruddy good time, whether gamers or not.

(We also played Overcooked and it was really funny to watch but looked really stressful to play. One fella just twirled around with a fire extinguisher the entire time, though, and he seemed to be enjoying himself!)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things that you really love   Things that you really love - Page 12 EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018, 14:10

On a similar note to Balla: Mario Kart.

Made some really good friends at my last hostel, and being able to pop the Switch into tabletop mode with a couple of cans of Asahi was a spot-on start to the night.

masofdas wrote:

Press X for Rain

down in Aaaaaaafriccaaa
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things that you really love   Things that you really love - Page 12 EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018, 14:13

Another grand shout, natch. Stop me if I'm repeating myself (nah don't): the Switch is belting for local multiplayer. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things that you really love   Things that you really love - Page 12 EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018, 14:49

Best console ever, in every meaningful way
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things that you really love   Things that you really love - Page 12 EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018, 15:27

We should get another Quiplash Skype session going.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things that you really love   Things that you really love - Page 12 EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018, 15:29

I'd be up for that. Thumbs Up! Also Jimbob's name popped up at one point, so he is now a minor celebrity among my group of friends!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things that you really love   Things that you really love - Page 12 EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018, 20:00

He gets everywhere, that Jimbob. Laughing

I quite like Innocent smoothies, the big ones with names like Energise and Uplift. I know they’re expensive but that just makes them a bit more of a treat.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things that you really love   Things that you really love - Page 12 EmptyTue 27 Mar 2018, 01:11

You're not wrong, actually. They're really tasty and actually work quite well as an alternative to caffeine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things that you really love   Things that you really love - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things that you really love
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next