Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. U/3D

Go down 
+27
fronkhead
Zaphod_B
Sentinator
Sylveon
Rum
Cube
Solve My Maze
SquidgyGoat
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
masofdas
Reggie Fils-Aime
nupkin
Treesmurf
Dusty Knackers
Admin
Crumpy Andy
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
Athrun888
shanks
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 27 EmptyFri 27 Jun 2014 - 9:07

RE the Monday update:

Its from Pac-land which has an area called fairyland.

Spoiler:

Really liking the sounds of that balloon fight mode (if that's what it is) but I wonder if you can select other smash characters to plays as, as I only see AC villager in that picture, it'd be nice to have online MP for that too.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 27 EmptyFri 27 Jun 2014 - 9:44

Thank you! All is clear now. That's... pretty much the least Pac Man-like stage design I can imagine, though, unless he's moved from Power Pills onto hallucinogenics.

As for the Balloon Fight mode, I imagine it'll just be Villagers, as he's the only one with balloons in his moveset.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 27 EmptyFri 27 Jun 2014 - 11:34

That seems to be more of a reward screen for finishing the stage than the stage itself, never played pac-land so I can't be sure completely.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 27 EmptyFri 4 Jul 2014 - 8:44

Slow week? Slow week.

Monday (Smash Run):

Tuesday (Little Mac):

Wednesday (Mii):

Thursday (Mega Man):

Friday (Stage Details):
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 27 EmptyFri 4 Jul 2014 - 9:06

What's wrong with Pac-Man?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 27 EmptyFri 4 Jul 2014 - 9:24

JayMoyles wrote:
Third-party characters should only be included if a) they are iconic enough, b) have at least some tie to Nintendo and c) fit in with the general "feel" of Smash. I think Sonic, Mega Man and Paccers definitely fit those criteria.

Balladeer wrote:
I don't think Pacman really has point (b): no more than he tied to my Amstrad.

Last edited by Balladeer on Fri 4 Jul 2014 - 11:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : See below.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 27 EmptyFri 4 Jul 2014 - 9:33

Even though this is the Pac-Man tied to the arcade's of the 80's not the 90's. And wasn't there news miyamoto really wanted him in the game.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 27 EmptyFri 4 Jul 2014 - 11:55

Balladeer wrote:

Plus his recent games have been utter dross, and those are what I think of when I see his limbed model.

Have you played any? For example, Pac-Man Championship Edition and it's DX+ update are commonly cited as being amongst the best downloadable games ever.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 27 EmptyFri 4 Jul 2014 - 11:57

Fine, "meant to be". Although looking on Google Images, PMCE uses pizza-slice Pac-Man, so that does nothing to change my opinion.

Actually, on reflection, I'm going to edit that out of my post.  As well as possibly being wrong, it's very much a secondary reason, and I don't want people taking my view to task on that alone.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 27 EmptyFri 4 Jul 2014 - 15:57

balla wrote:
Still think there are too many third-party characters, especially when none of them are Layton or Wright.

I don't see how 3 (so far) is "too many" I'd understand your annoyance if the game was called Super Nintendo bros, so I see no problem having a handful of third party characters in there especially given how iconic they are. (not to mention it was inevitable given how closely Nintendo work with Namco/Sega/Capcom these days)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 27 EmptyFri 4 Jul 2014 - 22:27

Sonic & Mega Man are very closely linked to Nintendo, Pac-Man agree isn't that linked but the 80's arcade Pac-Man which this is you kinda making the point of his game helped make gaming what it is and might of been a rival in the arcade to donkey kong. He also almost killed the gaming industry with the 2600 showing.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 27 EmptySat 5 Jul 2014 - 9:39

I've said it before, but Smash Bros. started off as a festival of Nintendo.  As a Nintendo fanboy, they're really the only gaming company I give two shits about.  With every third-party character and stage added, it gets further from that - less a celebration of Nintendo, more a celebration of... I'd say gaming, but it's not even that.  Nintendo + hangers-on.  That may be fine for some, but it's not what the series' beginnings suggested, and it's not for me.

And the further removed from Nintendo the character is, the worse it is for me. Mario Kart GP be damned: I just don't see Pac Man as part of Nintendo history like Sonic or Mega Man, or (say) Wright or Layton.

Just because something's inevitable, doesn't mean I have to like it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 27 EmptySat 5 Jul 2014 - 9:50

I agree a bit with what saying towards Snake and Paccers but not so much Sonic and Mega Man.

As when I think of mega man I think of those games on the NES which helped make that system great for some, he's had like 50 games on Nintendo systems with most being exclusive as well.

Sonic due to the history of the first & greatest console war, kids dreamed of Sonic V Mario back in the day and now with likes of the Olympics which they star in together, the exclusive titles far back as the Cube & GBA and that fact he feels like he should be on a Nintendo system now even SEGA has said that there selves.

Didn't see your second bit but yes there's a few others that fir better like you said Wright & Layton for instance, maybe Billy Hatcher lol.
Back to top Go down
Gogoata
Copyright Claimed by Nintendo
Gogoata

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 27 EmptySat 5 Jul 2014 - 15:21

APPARENTLY JAPAN GETS THIS ON THE 13TH OF SEPT.. I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN A WORLDWIDE RELEASE LIKE POKEMON WAS
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 27 EmptySat 5 Jul 2014 - 17:23

"These god damn third party characters should go back to their own World 1-1, stealing the coins from our question blocks & the next thing you know they will want our princesses" - Balladeer 2014

Razz

On a more serious note I don't think a few third party characters stops it from being a celebration of Nintendo at all, its more an acknowledgement from them saying "these guys are on our level" so we are happy to include them.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 27 EmptySun 6 Jul 2014 - 11:06

Although I don't particularly enjoy the games - "lifes too short for Mega Man", as was written in NGamer - I would say that Mega Man is a more important part of Nintendo's history than Ice Climbers, Kid Icarus, King DeDeDe, Jiglypuff, Wolf, the ones from Fire Emblem and countless others who have been included in the four SSB games. Same for Sonic and Pac-Man.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 27 EmptySun 6 Jul 2014 - 11:10

I continue to not see the argument for Pac Man, I'm afraid. Hell, the most recent decent game he's starred in started out on the XBLA.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 27 EmptySun 6 Jul 2014 - 11:14

Yeah Pac-Man barely has any good games, Nintendo didn't even get Championship Edition (DX). Instead they've had the absolutely horrific Pac-Man party! I'm totally cool with Mega Man and Sonic, heck Sonic is practically a Nintendo exclusive these days, but Pac seems off.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 27 EmptySun 6 Jul 2014 - 11:16

I guess that bottom line is that he's in because Namco are co-developing, and it's no worse than Snake in SSBB (in fact better, because Pac-Man, for all his ugliness, does not look completely out of place). As said earlier, this doesn't mean I like it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 27 EmptySun 6 Jul 2014 - 11:53

Pac-Man is one of the most popular video games characters of all time, and famed beyond everyone that's appeared in the Smash Bros games (except Mario and Pikachu). People like the character and buy the games it appears in. That's all that matters.

Just avatars in a computer game, of course. It would take an anime version of Rolf Harris for me to be arsed.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 27 EmptySun 6 Jul 2014 - 12:26

And you are free to have that opinion.  In the meanwhile, I'll continue to care about the available characters, and grumble about the diluting Nintendo-ness of it all.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 27 EmptySun 6 Jul 2014 - 12:53

"Diluting" is a strong way to describe three characters, one of whom most people probably don't realise isn't a Nintendo character. Also Shigsy himself is the world's biggest paccers fanboy so that justifies it in my book.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 27 EmptySun 6 Jul 2014 - 15:37

As our forum drinking expert, you should know that dilution can be as extensive or otherwise as necessary. Razz 
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 27 EmptySun 6 Jul 2014 - 16:05

As far as I'm concerned pac man's only in because of nintendo whoring out to them because they basically have to with the help that's being given, not because he really fits or warrants it. Then again I hate third party characters in general in this series, but pac man gets my heat more than the others because I just cannot on any level find a reasonable reason why he should be included. Justifying sonic and megaman is tough enough.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 27 EmptySun 6 Jul 2014 - 17:20

Balladeer wrote:
I continue to not see the argument for Pac Man, I'm afraid.  Hell, the most recent decent game he's starred in started out on the XBLA.  

andyman949 wrote:
Yeah Pac-Man barely has any good games, Nintendo didn't even get Championship Edition (DX). Instead they've had the absolutely horrific Pac-Man party!

I'm not seeing why his games have to be good for him to be part of the roster, when was the last time Yoshi had a good game? Also I've not played a main series Pokemon game ever so should I say they shouldn't be part of the roster? No.

Or what about the other franchises that are in there that I'm personally not a fan of? I may not like their games but they still have right to be there as does pac-man, anyhow the characters I don't like I can ignore or even better happily beat them to a pulp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. U/3D
Page 27 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next