Also the residual yelling after you've had your back teeth out

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GAMING NEWS Thread 1

Go down 
+22
Rum
Fancy Fancy
shanks
The Christ
Axis1500
fronkhead
Cube
Dusty Knackers
Buskalilly
beemoh
Admin
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
Athrun888
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
NintenDUCK
masofdas
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
beemoh
Koopaling

GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 29 EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014 - 14:39

The_Jaster wrote:
I believe beemoh was being sarcastic in his post.

Not entirely.

That's the reason Cage gets deified by the press so much and his titles are all but exempted from criticism, as well as letting him get away with repeating the most low-ball of generalisations over and over and heralding them as hitherto unrealised perceptive absolutes as to why all of gaming is uniquely broken.

His games are decent enough entertainments- and the his output's focus on narrative is very much part of that- and a lot of the tech stuff is cool from a tech-for-tech's-sake kind of way, but when it comes down to it, he's not some great revolutionary visionary, here to give us the One True Way for gaming. He's just a guy in his corner doing his thing, which is fine- but that's how he should be treated.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 29 EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014 - 19:45

I've just never been into the tech side of things when it comes to games, sure he does his own thing & should be applauded for that but I've just thought his games look extremely boring.

I just want interesting/unique games to play not to be battered over the head with updates of games that aren't even a year old.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 29 EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014 - 20:18

Agreed - it reeks of a cash grab.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 29 EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014 - 21:07

When I was on about the physics for the hair and clothes I was on about the AAA title to be shown at E3 for PS4 not the Beyond Two Souls remastered edition.

And you say you want unique / innovative games and his are that.

And know one is forcing you to re-buy any of these games that get remastered.

I still can't get over people stuck with just the Wii for years.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 29 EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014 - 21:18

masofdas wrote:

Point one: rereleasing a game less than a year old is not innovation. It's greed.

Point two: that's such a cop-out Mas. People need to know that if they buy these remasters then it's only going to encourage further unnecessary ports. I'm all for 10 year old games like FFX and Soul Calibur 2 getting a lick of paint and a shiny port, but a game less than a year old?

Point three: what does that have to do with the fact that the issue here is that a game is being ported which is less than a year old?

Again I ask: why?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 29 EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014 - 21:43

Point One:

Jas brought up that he doesn't like these port's of games that are barely a year old. And that he want's to see innovation in gaming and is one of the reason's he just had a Wii for years and why he's not planning to buy a PS4 for a while and guess why he didn't he buy a PS3 in till late it's life.

He then went on about he's not all into the tech side of things and would sooner have innovation experiences and that quantic dreams games look boring.

Which I replied in general of there games that they are innovation and unique experiences, which he's asking for.

Point Two: Vote with the all mighty dollar, buy it (which I will as I didn't play on PS3) or don't if only 20k out of 7,000,000 PS4 owners buy it then we won't get more of them, if 1 million people do then yeah we will get more of them and if you don't want them don't buy them.

Point Three: Point One really as Jas said he just had a Wii for years.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 29 EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014 - 22:18

Double Post to keep the new stuff separate.

More people leave Naughty Dog including the lead artist of TLoU who has gone to work for the team behind unfinished swan.

The Assassins Creed series has past 73 million sales.

A new GRID game is coming with the subtitle Autosport for 360, PS3 & PC.

The Walking Dead games from Telltale are coming to PS4 & Xbox One it seems as GOTY edition's containing all five episodes, 400 days and more.

The final roster of Ultra Street Fighter IV is 44.

Dragon Age Inquisition will be coming out Oct 7th, GAME and a few others have special editions. Here's a new tralier with gameplay and this statement from bioware.

Asked if there'll be any differences between the new-gen and last-gen versions of the game besides graphics, Inquisition producer Cameron Lee told us: "Our goal is for there not to be any differences.

"We've already pushed as far as we can on the Gen 4 stuff, on Xbox One and PS4, so we're already at that point. When we look at how we bring it down to Gen 3, it's a challenge we know we have to solve and we're starting to think about it. But mostly it's going to be visual elements and immersion elements."

Umm EA/bioware this is gen 8 and if EA were only thinking of systems they've been on well that be from the 16 Bit era and if that's number 1 gen then PS4ONE would be 5th.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 29 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 0:28

Quote :
When I was on about the physics for the hair and clothes I was on about the AAA title to be shown at E3 for PS4 not the Beyond Two Souls remastered edition.

I didn't say innovative I said interesting, the games from Quantic dreams just don't interest me one bit, I'd also argue that they aren't that innovative as they are story driven games with QTEs thrown in for "action" shenmue for example done things like this but IMO had even more to it.

You clearly like the games but I'm not saying they are bad just not for me.

---

Also I know no one is forcing me to buy these "remasters" & I won't be but this doesn't mean I have to stand by and like the lazy approach of these publishers/Developers, as for the secret AAA title with the new hair/clothes physics that's even worse that this is the only thing they can come up with to sell their game?

----

The Wii was fun & had lots of great/different games, also it had monster hunter Tri which I probably played everyday for about 2 & a half years.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 29 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 9:07

I'm another one who spent all of the Wii years and GameCube years Nintendo-only. Don't regret it for a second. I'm catching up on a few good games now, but when I was forcing myself to play through the dull first few hours of TLoU, I just really wanted to fire up Galaxy or Skyward Sword. Can't say I'm gonna buy a PS4 for "hair and clothes physics".
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 29 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 11:16

The game will have better hair etc, so the character's look more real and make the realism of the story better. As like you said these are story driven games and almost like movies which beemoh pointed out.

Yeah I know your a big fan of Monster Hunter which makes sense but even after the Wii's vote we had I didn't see that many fun & lots of great/different games as you put it.

I get GameCube years only as that did have some great games and 3rd party support, I could easily of lived just with the GameCube after the dreamcast.

And no comment on Walking Dead getting re-released on PS4ONE guy's.

Here's a link from CVG about China. Nintendo need's get to this market.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 29 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 21:47

I thought you said it wasn't about beyond two souls? Story driven or not that won't make me excited for it, as for the TWD re-release that is also stupid and pointless.

Mas wrote:
Yeah I know your a big fan of Monster Hunter which makes sense but even after the Wii's vote we had I didn't see that many fun & lots of great/different games as you put it.

If you can't see the fun stuff out of that then I don't know what to say to you.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 29 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 22:07

I was on about the AAA game coming more than beyond two soul's but reckon that had a great and why I will be buying it if it does get remastered.

Yeah I didn't see that much fun stuff on Wii maybe a few game's like skyward sword.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 29 EmptyThu 24 Apr 2014 - 0:30

The_Jaster wrote:
I thought you said it wasn't about beyond two souls? Story driven or not that won't make me excited for it, as for the TWD re-release that is also stupid and pointless.

TWD makes sense, as it's to get it on as many platforms as possible. It's even on smartphones.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 29 EmptyThu 24 Apr 2014 - 10:56

Yeah agree with Cube on this one as it's on all most everything and is just a port over, nothing to make a sing & dance about like TLoU.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 29 EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014 - 1:22

It's a series that has already sold well on multiple platforms though, I don't see anyone going "oh I must have that on ps4/XO" because plenty of folk already own it & that's why I find it pointless/stupid. (Yes I am aware this is usually protocol for something popular)

Also I wasn't making a big "song & dance about it" you asked a question & I replied to it.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 29 EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014 - 1:47

The_Jaster wrote:
It's a series that has already sold well on multiple platforms though, I don't see anyone going "oh I must have that on ps4/XO" because plenty of folk already own it & that's why I find it pointless/stupid. (Yes I am aware this is usually protocol for something popular)

Wikipedia suggests that this is Telltale's first Vita outing, so considering how all their games all run on the same core engine, they probably used TWD2 as a test for the Vita port of their tech and make it easier to bring their future games to the format more punctually. Considering that the game is then effectively complete, they might as well release it commercially.

(And I think mas' Song And Dance bit refers to marketing the game)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 29 EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014 - 3:47

Eh? I wasn't talking about vita, also pretty sure season 1 of TWD was on that system, I'm trying not to come across as an arsehole about this whole update/re-release situation but simply put I just don't like it.

I don't think it's too much to be asking for something different, don't remember if I mentioned this here or elsewhere but imagine if ps4/XO launched with the likes of TLoU & tomb raider?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 29 EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014 - 7:43

Yeah Vita has season 1 of TWD. I can see a reason to port that to next gen more than anything because it's a game about choices and you wouldn't buy later seasons on the next gen consoles because of that (unless there's some kind of weird file important).
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 29 EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014 - 8:58

Aye when its put like that it makes sense, still don't think there's many folk who won't have it on at least one device.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 29 EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014 - 9:30

Yeah the song and dance bit was about marketing on how what sony are doing with TLoU, I don't see telltale doing it. It just come out at £29.99 on PS4ONE and be there if you want it.

Yeah I've got Season 1 on VITA & season 2 ep 1 & 2 is out today for it.

Yeah I can a imagine if the PS4ONE launched with Tomb Raider, Rayman, TLoU (not one), TWD it wouldn't really of affected me in any way like all the ports on Wii U at launch. If I knew TLoU was coming to PS4 I might not of bought on PS3 like with COD, FIFA as I knew it was coming to PS4 so waited to buy on that instead but otherwise no different.

What everyone views on the rumor that the big xbox one game for the holidays will be Halo 2 Anniversary, to me that's cool I'm not much of a fan of 2 but to now play it online properly (only played it on the 360 when hardly anyone was playing) with updated graphics like they did with combat evolved.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 29 EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014 - 16:59

I think you may have misunderstood my point about TLoU/TR being launch titles for ps4/xo,
I meant if they were only being built for those systems like how you'd often hear in previous gens how a game was delayed so it could release on new hardware.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 29 EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014 - 17:40

So like twilight princess, if that was the case PS4 sales would only be higher than it all ready is.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 29 EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014 - 22:41

No, it'd only be developed for the new systems. (Not ps3/360)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 29 EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014 - 22:46

Sales would be even better again then.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 29 EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014 - 22:50

I'm not on about sales though Laughing I'm talking how the system would be more appealing to me as it wouldn't have those barely a year old ports.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

GAMING NEWS Thread 1
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next