Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc

Go down 
+15
ThorOfAsgard
Jimbob
flora-chan
Treesmurf
Athrun888
ZeroJones
beemoh
Balladeer
Cube
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
shanks
masofdas
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 14 EmptyThu 10 Nov 2016 - 10:46

Yeah, I know, but they were the only magical characters who came to me just then
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 14 EmptyTue 29 Nov 2016 - 19:56

Remember y'all warning me that Daredevil S1 sagged a bit in the middle? I'm mid-season now and it's... yeah. Aww!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 14 EmptyTue 29 Nov 2016 - 23:46

Stick with it - it ramps up once more as it approaches the finale. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 14 EmptySun 11 Dec 2016 - 17:43

I'll stick with it, Jayseph Edgeworth - always do. Quite like Daredevil whenever I've seen him in a comic.

I'm also fond of this little fella - Spider-Man! Got to get it right this time, guys...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 14 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2016 - 11:20

Spider-Man

Pros
  • Good casting
  • Right level of banter
  • Always up for more Spidey
  • Spidey always comes across well when mixing with other heroes

Cons
  • We've gone back to an even younger Spider-Man again! He was only a high schooler for the first four years of comicbooks. Since then we've had five decades of him growing and evolving. The best thing about Spider-Man is that it reads like a soap opera.
  • Maybe a little too much influence from Iron Man et al. Spidey has always been the most secretive about his identity, and part of his appeal was the low-budget, solo crimefighting effort. Being Spider-Man isn't easy, but he does it because he has a responsibility.
  • His costume is high tech and covered in chevrons. I did a run of tweets about this, but the modern militarisation of superheroes skeezes me out a little. It kind of made sense with Iron Man and Cap, who had origins involving the army all along, but Spider-Man is categorically not part of the establishment. Enlisting him kills him a little, but I'll wait and see how the film actually treats the character.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 14 EmptyWed 14 Dec 2016 - 13:59

Were getting a Sirens movie from DC, wonder if they can get that right.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 14 EmptyWed 14 Dec 2016 - 14:05

Ayer is doing it again and unlike Snyder he stood by his cut of Squad, so nope.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 14 EmptyWed 14 Dec 2016 - 17:15

Suicide Squad wasn't the worst film ever made, to be fair.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 14 EmptyWed 14 Dec 2016 - 18:18

But it was pretty bad. I'll still probably watch it, but not holding out any hope.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 14 EmptyFri 16 Dec 2016 - 7:02

I managed to see the entire Arrowverse crossover thing in one night, thanks to the magic of Sky+. It was pretty good and sets a few things up for future ones. Yes, Andy, that does mean I saw an episode of Arrow... and I didn't have a clue what was going on. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 14 EmptyFri 16 Dec 2016 - 7:20

Aye, it was the 100th episode at the same time, so they clearly wanted to respect that by throwing in cameos all over the shop, was pretty good for fans, but a weird time to tackle that...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 14 EmptySun 18 Dec 2016 - 23:45

Currently powering through the last five episodes of Daredevil S1. It's heating up in Hell's Kitchen again, that's for sure! Shocked
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 14 EmptySun 19 Mar 2017 - 18:31

How are we getting on with the DC TV series, guys? I watch The Flash and Supergirl, and am favouring the latter more than the former at the moment. The Flash seems a bit directionless at the mo, though I am not impressed with Supergirl's

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 14 EmptySun 19 Mar 2017 - 19:23

I watched the first couple of Supergirl Season 2 then my NOW TV ran out. I don't intend to renew until Game of Thrones returns.

I have just watched the first 8 episodes of Iron Fist. I'm not sure if it's "good", but I'm enjoying it. If that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 14 EmptySun 19 Mar 2017 - 21:02

I've read some quite bad reports about Iron Fist in recent days, though that was just based on the first half of the season. I know nothing about the character, though, but even then, I think I'd rather have more of any other Marvel Netflix series than his...
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 14 EmptySun 19 Mar 2017 - 21:23

I'm up to date on all of the DC lot and I'm still enjoying them all. Can't say I'm super hooked on any of them right now, but I wouldn't miss them.

Enjoyed what I've seen of Iron Fist so far, not sure why it hasn't been received so well, I like Danny and it's a bit more fun than the other 3 shows.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 14 EmptySun 19 Mar 2017 - 22:16

It has a few issues but it really doesn't deserve the kicking it's been given. I think people are just wanting Marvel to fail at this point. I've only got three episodes left, so I must be enjoying it!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 14 EmptyMon 20 Mar 2017 - 10:56

I've given up on Arrow now as it mostly just bores me. And Iron fist I've only seen the first Ep where about half way through I was only paying half attention so it's not off on a good start
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 14 EmptyMon 20 Mar 2017 - 11:03

I just finished Iron Fist and despite watching and enjoying all of it in the space of a couple of days, I'm fairly sure it was a bit crap. It was very similar to the first season of Arrow. I liked the main character and I enjoyed all the kung fu but I really didn't care about all the rich people and their stupid problems.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 14 EmptyMon 27 Mar 2017 - 13:46

I finished up Iron Fist last night, it was better then most shows but not a great Marvel Netflix series.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 14 EmptyMon 27 Mar 2017 - 21:29

Iron Fist is the Mass Effect Andromeda of shows.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 14 EmptyWed 29 Mar 2017 - 18:44

So that new Spider-Man Homecoming trailer landed yesterday.  On the one hand I can't help but think they gave away a tad too much, on the other hand it looks like we're f***ing finally getting a good adaptation of Spidey on the big screen and I.  AM.  HYPED!  
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 14 EmptyWed 29 Mar 2017 - 19:15

Athrun888 wrote:
it looks like we're f***ing finally getting a good adaptation of Spidey on the big screen and I.  AM.  HYPED!  

YASSSS!
I was initially unsure of the angle they're taking, as it doesn't feel like Spidey should be palling around with Tony Stark so early in his career. That said, it looks like it's going to be handled well and capture Peter's character properly. It also seems like we're going to get a good mix of proper street-level, low funds Spider-man and playing-with-the-big-boys fanboy Spidey. Very optimistic.

Athrun888 wrote:
I can't help but think they gave away a tad too much

On that note, my prediction for how the film ends:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 14 EmptyThu 30 Mar 2017 - 23:36

I was going to an issue a laconic "I can get behind this" on the subject of the latest Spider-Man: Homecoming trailer... but I was always behind it, so... yeah. As you were. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 14 EmptyFri 31 Mar 2017 - 17:24

So I watched Batman Begins on netflix the other night.  Surprised at how much I enjoyed it considering I've never been a big fan of the Bat.  Good movie, happy to see its high rating wasn't misplaced.

On Spidey: Keeping in mind I haven't watched Civil War so I've no idea if they've covered it yet, I wonder if they're going to do the whole "with great power comes great responsibility" differently this time around, since I could see the movie going that route from the trailer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc
Page 14 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next