Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GAMING NEWS Thread 1

Go down 
+22
Rum
Fancy Fancy
shanks
The Christ
Axis1500
fronkhead
Cube
Dusty Knackers
Buskalilly
beemoh
Admin
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
Athrun888
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
NintenDUCK
masofdas
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 24 EmptySat 15 Mar 2014 - 10:11

Rumors are that amazon want to go toe2toe with sony, microsoft and nintendo though hence why they've bought double helix & looking to buy other company's, so just a set top box seems a bit muh especially at $300. As Apple TV which is all I can think you could compare it to is what £90.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 24 EmptyTue 18 Mar 2014 - 17:59

So GDC has started, no real news has come from it yet but will keep you up-to-date.

I have some rumors that the PlayStation 4 VR headset will be shown at GDC and the rumors are that it will be out this holiday season at £299.99 which seems a great price for what it is but also £300 for a accessory.  

Another is that the Amazon console will be a dongle type device similar to gamestick but will stream PC games a bit like onlive from what I can gather. So it's onlive meets a kindle fire.

Titanfall is the UK number 1 and is the best selling new release this year so far also xbox one sales are up 96%. In the prediction thread I said xbox one sales would treble when titanfall comes out. So I'm pretty much right.

I'm also hearing Devil's Third is still a thing and could be a PlayStation exclusive and talking about exclusives I'm also hearing from Germany that resident evil 7 will be a xbox exclusive.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 24 EmptyTue 18 Mar 2014 - 18:25

I guess this is news? Whatever: Future Publishing are doing a magazines sale, and I've taken out a six-month subscription to ONM. I figure that with Matthew on the team, as well as Skrebels and Gav (whom I've both enjoyed on the CVG podcasts), I should get some enjoyment (and lavatory reading material) out of it.

Do I have to say my usual bit about Chandra? I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 24 EmptyTue 18 Mar 2014 - 19:40

Ooft. Six months on ONM to your door for £17.99 (use the discount code 10MAGS when you're ordering to bring it down to that) is pretty good going. I've to pick up the issue with Layton on the front, and will base my decision to subscribe on that.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 24 EmptyTue 18 Mar 2014 - 20:13

Nintendo has trademarked "QOL" (Quality Of Life) for almost every usage.

A small sample.

Quote :
Pacifier , ice pack , sling , support bandages , surgical cat gut , drink Sucking , dropper , nipple , sac ice , move the ice , baby equipment , magic baby unit , cotton swab , finger cots , contraceptive devices , artificial eardrum materials, prosthetic ( . except those of the dental ) , sleeping earplugs , soundproof earplugs , professional beauty massager , medical machinery , household electric massager , medical gloves , urinal , sick for bayonet filler material toilet bowl , ear

Quote :
DVD-ROM · memory card , the program portable LCD screen game machine , a portable LCD screen electronic circuits, magnetic disk , optical disk , magneto-optical disk , magnetic tape · ROM card · ROM cartridge · CD-ROM that stores a program for game machine memory card , arcade video game machine program , commercial video game machine - storage medium that has been stored the program DVD-ROM · memory card , commercial video game machine , arcade video game machine memory card

Quote :
Shiatsu and Anma Massage provides beauty , hairdressing , bathing facilities , tree planting of the garden tree , care of the flower bed or garden , spraying of fertilizer , weed control , control of pests , provides chiropractic , moxibustion , Judo , needles , medical practice , medical information , medical examination , dentistry , pharmacy , teaching nutrition , breeding of animals , treatment of animals , beauty of the animal , care , rent of plant, agricultural provision of information lease of machines,

A heck of a lot more (I'm not kidding) at the links.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=104868288&postcount=58
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=104868462&postcount=60

Hilarious joke from Reddit:

GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 24 LfAVBVU
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 24 EmptyTue 18 Mar 2014 - 20:35

I smiled. Embarrassed 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 24 EmptyTue 18 Mar 2014 - 20:39

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Ooft. Six months on ONM to your door for £17.99 (use the discount code 10MAGS when you're ordering to bring it down to that) is pretty good going. I've to pick up the issue with Layton on the front, and will base my decision to subscribe on that.

That's tempting.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 24 EmptyTue 18 Mar 2014 - 21:29

Been meaning to resubscribe anyway (I've been buying from the shop for the last few.) I like it anyway, and Matthew recently said he's going to try and bring in even more of the NGamer DNA now that he's editor.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 24 EmptyWed 19 Mar 2014 - 4:18

Quote :
Titanfall is the UK number 1 and is the best selling new release this year so far also xbox one sales are up 96%. In the prediction thread I said xbox one sales would treble when titanfall comes out. So I'm pretty much right.

Titanfall being number 1 upsets me greatly (not because it isn't good) just that dark souls 2 was out the same week, UK you have chosen poorly.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 24 EmptyWed 19 Mar 2014 - 7:59

The UK consistently chooses poorly. That's why the PS4 has flow off the shelves while the Wii U has barely sold. Sulk 
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 24 EmptyWed 19 Mar 2014 - 8:38

I may be unpopular for saying this, but to be perfectly honest all three current consoles seem to be almost equally (un)appealing to me, with the Wii U being marginally ahead because of the looming Mario Kart, smash bros, and X. But even then, at that price it's an incredibly hard system to justify purchasing given how poor its long term prospects are, which is why I find it barely more appealing than the other two options right now. Suffice to say I'm completely satisfied sticking with my ps3 for the time being.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 24 EmptyWed 19 Mar 2014 - 9:07

It's personal taste, I guess. For me, as well as those three games, I'm excited for Bayonetta 2, Yoshi Yarn and Pokken from revealed games, with half an eye on Hyrule Warriors; as for unrevealed games, there'll be a Zelda, a Metroid (hopefully not done by Team Ninja), I'm hopeful for another (proper) 3D Mario, whatever Retro's working on, and the usual surfeit of other assorted Nintendo franchises that make the jump. (Surely they can't miss F-Zero two generations in a row? Then again, this is Nintendo.) Not to mention the currently-looking-pretty-good upcoming indie support.

For me, that's enough. For you... well it's severely lacking in JRPGs, indies aside. And I do hope we get some more of those.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 24 EmptyWed 19 Mar 2014 - 14:54

Those are typically enough for me ultimately as well, just not right now at the price that's being asked by Nintendo. 420 dollars is a bit of a steep price for a system that ultimately only has two must have games with just the one coming out soon and the rest coming out over the next few years.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 24 EmptyWed 19 Mar 2014 - 15:05

(has exchange rate table in front of him) £220 or thereabouts?  I agree that that's a bit steep.  Then again, I'm seeing at least five must-have games in my lot (SSBU, MK8, X, Zelda U and Mario, with YY possibly sneaking in there depending on how it shapes up).  Combined with DKCTF, SM3DW and Rayman Legends, all of which are 8/10s in my book, and it's been worth the price for me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 24 EmptyWed 19 Mar 2014 - 17:33

Oh I was mostly talking about must haves currently out, two or possibly three just doesn't cut it. I'll still probably grudgingly pick one up soon after the next mario kart despite that because of how much time can be sunk in to it though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 24 EmptyThu 20 Mar 2014 - 12:25

So first up there's a new GameBoy game coming called Airaki and can be preordered here, sorry it's in french though.

Also there's this new mega drive game.  Very Happy 

Super Metroid was 20 years old yesterday.

Ubisoft has said any VR platforms have to sell at least 1 million units to viable, which is a catch 22 if you don't put games on ubi then we might not buy it but if we do you'll put games on it.

Also on sales the PS4 camera has shift 900k units which is more then Sony was hoping for and I know in the USA Gamestop put the price up to meet demand.

On twitter there has been various from Sean Murray the founder of hello games that he's working on something big and had to cancel bei ng at GDC and his talk which would included a no man's sky VR demo.

So the rumors that I posted about months ago seem to be true as some info has been leaked about Assassins Creed, there will be two with the PS4ONE version codenamed Unity and the PS360 codenamed Comet, no word on what Wii U or PC are getting.

I have some info on Unity which is reported to be set in 18th century Paris which I can see Jade Raymond liking and here's a screenshot
GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 24 Ac5_ig10

Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 24 EmptyThu 20 Mar 2014 - 21:46

Didn't know where else to put this, but there's a new educational Pokemon game for iOS, Android and Windows in Japan.

In it, the kids can type out the Pokémon's names, go on adventures and play mini-games to improve their hand-eye co-ordination

This is intended to be in classrooms and so you buy licenses

Under 50 = 15,000 Yen
51-100 = 24,000 Yen
101+ = 36,000 Yen

This seems very Quality of Life-y to me.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787856&highlight=poketouch
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 24 EmptyThu 20 Mar 2014 - 22:48

masofdas wrote:
So first up there's a new GameBoy game coming called Airaki and can be preordered here, sorry it's in french though.

Also there's this new mega drive game.  Very Happy 

Everyone stop making new games for obsolete hardware! Mr. Developer, you've probably got a great idea for a game; but you're releasing it to work with machinery that is harder to obtain or maintain, thus decimating your exposure!  Hissy fit
(hmmm... I just thought of something for "Things that really **** you off")
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 24 EmptyThu 20 Mar 2014 - 23:01

I personally disagree and my 20 year old mega drive does as well as it will outlast my ps4, xbox one there bound to of died before that. So the whole maintain thing is silly and the whole hard to obtain thing as well as who this is aimed at has said console or is a collector / retro fan whom can get there hands on the hardware.

And most devs of obsolete consoles seems to do it as they love developing for them hence why the dreamcast has so much on it as devs love it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 24 EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014 - 3:31

All fine and fair enough if it's just a pet project because they like the console, but I agree with Jimbob that releasing these games on obsolete consoles is really harming budding developers - how will they recoup development costs? How will they reach a wider audience outside of a very, very niche group?

On another note, I AM SO READY FOR AC: PARIS.  Grin 
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 24 EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014 - 8:43

I could ask
Some of the big homebrew guys NG:DEV, Hucast, Redspot, Watermelon, Super Fighter Team whom have all been around for while now the first are all based in Germany and all make games for the dreamcast which i believe is easy to develop for. So yes there's wages etc to take into account.

I know back in 2010 Last Hope sold-out of it's 3500 units and since then has be reprinted. I can't tell you the actual sales numbers though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 24 EmptyMon 24 Mar 2014 - 13:03

So this is a thing: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/455313/black-leads-in-violent-games-can-spur-racist-thoughts-study-claims/ Bearing in mind the caveats further down the article, this is pretty disturbing if it has a point; although more in what it suggests about the sample than about the games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 24 EmptyTue 25 Mar 2014 - 21:51

Facebook is buying Oculus VR for $2 billon
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 24 EmptyWed 26 Mar 2014 - 6:04

This news upsets me greatly. With Facebooks backing this thing could turn in to a really annoying fad, having to sit through the motion control fad was annoying enough.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 24 EmptyWed 26 Mar 2014 - 7:56

And suddenly nobody cares about Oculus any more.

I'm serious. Apparently interest in the Sony headset shot up after this was announced.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

GAMING NEWS Thread 1
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next