Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off

Go down 
+26
Rum
Muss
gjones
flora-chan
NintenDUCK
Dead Lemon
Admin
Xelviar
Solve My Maze
The Cappuccino Kid
oldschool
Luigi442wii
minecrafter7744
Vidofnir
Jimbob
ZeroJones
Gogoata
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
fronkhead
Athrun888
shanks
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Balladeer
masofdas
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 21 EmptySat 3 Dec 2016 - 15:57

Konami
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 21 EmptySun 4 Dec 2016 - 8:36

I don't know it sounds like Kojima is playing everyone like a damn fiddle.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 21 EmptySun 4 Dec 2016 - 17:22

Customers.

Just generally.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 21 EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 14:06

Blegh, christmas.  The time of year when the shops become packed with the smelly headless chickens that are the masses as they spend their way to bankruptcy in the name of celebrating a possibly fictional dead guy whose death anniversary isn't until several months later, thus clogging the post system because they couldn't be arsed to buy their gifts at a reasonable time.  

The shops and mail closing over the two weeks is also another absolutely lovely part of the season.  Especially when you live in a town that doesn't even have a video game store and have to order everything through the mail.  Sure, I end up hoarding money for a couple of weeks, not like I get to spend it on anything during the boxing day sales because, as the aforementioned lack of game shops implies, there's sweet f*** all worth buying in this town.  

About the only perk is the cheap rent.  Which is most assuredly a big perk, however it is not so big a perk that I won't have a good whine every december as my cynicism grows year after year with age.  

I'm going to be so delightful if I live to the age of 80 aren't I.  Meh
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 21 EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 21:46

I absolutely bloody love Christmas, and I work in a supermarket!
Each to their own, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 21 EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 22:00

Christmas is great.

I don't love some things about it, least of all the soundtracks in supermarkets and the like - but otherwise? It's great.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 21 EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 23:25

Yeah Christmas is amazing and feels more special given how miserable 2016 has been. I've not put the tree up yet, but just knowing there's biscuits in the office, Pringles in the kitchen at home and Christmas films on the telly, make life a bit better. Had my work Xmas meal and daughter's nativity play last night so it's well in the swing of things at the gjones household (unofficial name, natch).

I think I enjoy Christmas more since I've had children. The joy on their faces is, as a certain credit card company might say, priceless. Despite actually costing plenty of money!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 21 EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 23:38

My enjoyment of Christmas is definitely helped by having a brother, a sister and cousins much younger than myself. Hopefully just as the last of them grows up I can be bringing little Drunkas into the world.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 21 EmptyFri 9 Dec 2016 - 8:40

While I have a younger sibling, she's at uni. so I don't get the same type of joy as you two any more.  For me, it's all about cosiness.

Imma take this into the other thread. Love

EDIT: Found in the other thread:

Athrun888 wrote:
Actually why do people leave buying their christmas gifts until the last minute so they all run around in what ends up turning in to a seething mass of bo at the pace of a headless chicken?  Why does nobody seem to do the smart thing and just buy their gifts several months beforehand?  

That said I do enjoy the holiday itself.  It's the one day of the year everything shuts down, everyone packs up, and the town is completely silent.  Nothing quiet beats days like those, while days where you can just swan about doing as you please are fairly frequent, that kind of peace and quiet isn't.  It's made even sweeter after avoiding the christmas rush that most people go through to the day by virtue of not actually celebrating christmas and careful planning.  Not directly anyway, I do raise a glass to the enjoyable day I always have though.

Tongue
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 21 EmptyFri 9 Dec 2016 - 12:54

Balladeer wrote:
While I have a younger sibling, she's at uni. so I don't get the same type of joy as you two any more.  For me, it's all about cosiness.

Imma take this into the other thread. Love

EDIT: Found in the other thread:

Athrun888 wrote:
Actually why do people leave buying their christmas gifts until the last minute so they all run around in what ends up turning in to a seething mass of bo at the pace of a headless chicken?  Why does nobody seem to do the smart thing and just buy their gifts several months beforehand?  

That said I do enjoy the holiday itself.  It's the one day of the year everything shuts down, everyone packs up, and the town is completely silent.  Nothing quiet beats days like those, while days where you can just swan about doing as you please are fairly frequent, that kind of peace and quiet isn't.  It's made even sweeter after avoiding the christmas rush that most people go through to the day by virtue of not actually celebrating christmas and careful planning.  Not directly anyway, I do raise a glass to the enjoyable day I always have though.

Tongue

Quote :
as my cynicism grows year after year with age.  

Besides, given I have acquired a bogan neighbour who is, for the third week running now, loudly yacking with his whiny as all heck female accomplice while playing obnoxious music in the backyard at past-eleven in the evening do you think christmas day itself is going to be even remotely quiet?  Because I suspect they'll just get even more shit-faced than usual and spend the entire day making me wish a chorus of Daleks spent the day shrieking Exterminate outside my window instead.

Speaking of which, me right now:

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 21 Grumpy10
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 21 EmptySat 10 Dec 2016 - 19:54

TSmurf just did a pet peeve of mine, using numbers instead of Roman numerals when writing Final Fantasy or FF then a number after instaead.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 21 EmptySat 10 Dec 2016 - 20:13

Well guess what everyone will be doing from now on Laughing
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 21 EmptySat 10 Dec 2016 - 20:20

masofdas wrote:
TSmurf just did a pet peeve of mine, using numbers instead of Roman numerals when writing Final Fantasy or FF then a number after instaead.
Very Happy To be fair I get it but I couldn't remember what the roman numerals are for 15 and couldn't be bothered to look it up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 21 EmptySun 11 Dec 2016 - 9:48

It joins the long list of my gaming pet peeves which some of you do., so don't worry Andy when I see you put numbers after Final Fantasy or FF.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 21 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2016 - 11:21

As long as you know people are referring to Final Fantasy 0b1111, what does it matter?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 21 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2016 - 11:23

There's only one FF doing the rounds at the moment, so it'll obviously be Final Fantasy ≡ we're talking about.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 21 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2016 - 11:35

I would buy a new machine, if it were necessary, just to play Final Fantasy ≡. Love
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 21 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2016 - 11:36

So that would be a PS4...

...or equivalent.

Cool
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 21 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2016 - 11:55

I know that's the one he's talking about and it doesn't matter, hence why I said it was a pet peeve and not something that !&$%2 Me Off.

FFXV is worth getting a PS4 that's how good it is and the if the rumours are true about all the FF games next year then the PS4 could have 20 Final Fantasy games on it Love
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 21 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2016 - 15:32

Balladeer wrote:

...or equivalent.

Cool

You have set me off as I always write it PS IV. Mad
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 21 EmptyWed 14 Dec 2016 - 13:58

The_Jaster wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

...or equivalent.

Cool

You have set me off as I always write it PS IV.  Mad

Now all I can think of is this
Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 21 Phantasy_Star_EotM_cover

Which makes me !&$%2 Off at SEGA who has this great IPs and doing nothing with them, now they own Atlus who make great RPGs. Couldn't they just give them Phantasy Star or Arcadia and doing something with them.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 21 EmptyWed 14 Dec 2016 - 20:34

Damn it, I've left it too late to write FFF!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 21 EmptyThu 22 Dec 2016 - 18:21

My patience for the masses draws thin, particularly the idiots that frequently drive in this town. For some reason they seem to think honking at pedestrians who are waiting on the opposite side of the road, as if to ward them off from running out in front of them when they show no sign of even starting to walk, is a new way of doing things.

I'm honestly starting to miss when people would shout out their moving car window inarticulately with whatever they were attempting to say distorted by the wind so that the result is akin to "eeeyoueigh!". At least that could be mildly amusing, in an ego inflating way.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 21 EmptyThu 22 Dec 2016 - 23:06

Confirmed: Athrun's real name is Eeeyoueigh.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 21 EmptyFri 23 Dec 2016 - 11:55

Indeed, pig-latin for God's Gift I'll have you know! I am, after all, He Who Brings Smiles To All in the festive season with an engaging and lovable personality!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next