Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Go down 
+8
Crumpy Andy
shanks
oldschool
Kosmikat
beemoh
Athrun888
JayMoyles
Balladeer
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers)   Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyThu 26 Sep 2013 - 14:43

There's talk of spin-offs, which is fine by me. I think 20 volumes is a good number and means the main series won't be drawn out longer than it needs to.

EDIT: The things you find at 4am...

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers)   Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers) - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 6:43

Episode 25 is live. I'll keep my usual "this is what's been changed from the manga" once you guys have watched it.

Oh... and make sure to watch past the credits. Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers)   Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers) - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 9:24

Sadly I'd already had the frustration of Annie freezing herself spoiled. Still, good episode (as if there is any other type of AoT episode). But what will I do with my Sunday mornings now?

Jay, supposing there is a third season, are we on track to learn who Colossal and Armoured are during that season?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers)   Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers) - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 13:03

That was insane!  And brutal, mustn't forget brutal.  I didn't actually think Eren was going to win that one if I'm honest, I figured he'd put up a good fight and then Annie would start owning him with her experience.  I guess Annie just isn't a match for Eren when he's on Rage, now I'm feeling maybe there's a slim chance for humanity to beat the Titans after all.  

The ending leaves me going "what the actual fuck".  A Titan in the wall!?  What does that even mean!?  Just when I think I'm starting to have a clue what might be going on I get left feeling lost and confused again. And feeling like humanity is even more screwed than before.  

Now I'm going to cool off, I finished the episode before logging on so I'm still kind of getting over things.  Series two can't come soon enough!  Annie's lucky, I wish I could do what she did this episode for a few years.

Oh, and Eren's titan form freaked the hell out of me. That is all.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers)   Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers) - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 13:14

We know (pretty much) that the Colossal and Armoured Titans are people like Annie and Eren, so isn't it likely that they'd be inside the wall?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers)   Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers) - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 14:02

Oh I'm aware of those two, but... 

cliffhanger:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers)   Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers) - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 14:26

So yeah, Eren's Rage mode or whatever you want to call it is new. Doesn't bother me as much as it has some other manga readers, as to me, as much as it's a deus ex machina it makes sense Eren would need an extra push to beat Annie who's trumped him easily already.

Levi operating Maneuver Gear on a sprained ankle is new, he sat out the capture of Annie in the manga. Again, makes sense that one of the most skilled fighters humanity has would be able to use Maneuver Gear to some degree with an injury. If he was still spinning around like a spinning top of pain and destruction then I'd be a little miffed, but it was just him rocketing in to save Eren.

The reveal of the Titan in the wall was changed from the manga too and here I am a little disappointed. The reveal was too sudden and putting it post-credits means a lot of fans will have missed it. The manga does the reveal so much better, but to say anymore would be to spoil how I reckon they'll open Season Two. Which will be like 15 months to 2 years away. Aww! 

Balladeer wrote:
Jay, supposing there is a third season, are we on track to learn who Colossal and Armoured are during that season?
Yep!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers)   Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers) - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 14:42

Oh, I thought it was just the Colossal, as well as it just being on the other side of the wall. But... that's not the Colossal, is it?

I'd forgotten about Levi's sprained ankle, I must admit. Rock on series 2... eventually.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers)   Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers) - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 15:00

It's definitely not Colossal, it can't be. There isn't any bone like white around its face, and it's also not taller than the wall. I can see why people may have missed this reveal, but I myself am still a bit shell shocked by it honestly, this means there is no longer anywhere that is safe from the Titans, and it's killed my one theory about what's going on.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers)   Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers) - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 15:06

Yeah, it's not the Colossal, it's not tall enough. Plus it's inside the wall. Next season has many many reveals that'll blow your mind.

Either of you planning to read the manga?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers)   Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers) - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 15:11

I'm tempted to read the manga, but at the same time given how much I really enjoyed the presentation of the anime from the great action to the way they timed the background music with what was happening perfectly I think I'll probably enjoy the next set of events more if I wait it out.  Waiting it out is going to be far easier said than done though, which is why I'm really envying Annie right now.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers)   Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers) - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 15:15

I too am tempted, but shall try to resist. The anime is just so great.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers)   Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers) - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 15:23

I caved after a few days of no episodes, I don't know how you'll last potentially two years! Having said that, there's some bloody good reveals coming up in Season Two where the surprise would be lost on you having read the manga. It's much easier to follow in the anime.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers)   Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 2:56

Athrun888 wrote:
It's definitely not Colossal, it can't be.  There isn't any bone like white around its face, and it's also not taller than the wall.
The wall (ha!) of text which made up the "What we can share so far" on the last episode mentions the guy who attempted to dig under the walls and hit a bedrock made of the same material as the walls- perhaps that's room for the titan to be sat down? Grin 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers)   Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 7:53

I did wonder what all that was meant to be a metaphor for.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers)   Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 8:09

Again, that was new for the anime. It was very Orwellian though, with the miner disappearing after asking questions. I think I sort of know why they put that it in there, but to say anymore would be a spoiler.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers)   Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 13:34

Have I mentioned how much I love the soundtrack for this series? It's just such a perfect embodiment of it, and I am so glad I've got a copy of it. If they do another season they'd better get the same composer back, it won't be Attack on Titan without that raw epic emotional doom inspiring music.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers)   Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 14:16

I really like the "Eren's going mental - TRANSFORM" music, with the lady singing. I don't know what it's called, no. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers)   Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 14:17

Athrun888 wrote:
Have I mentioned how much I love the soundtrack for this series?
No, never. Razz But I do agree.  I don't really have time to concentrate on the soundtrack when Titans are dying left right and centre, but the two theme tunes are great.  (Although they still rank behind GitS:SAC, NGE and Hikaru no Go in my estimation.)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers)   Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 17:38

Just realised after reading some YouTube comments of all things how Germanic Attack on Titan's world is, from the architecture to the names - prime example being of course Mr. Jaeger, which translates roughly to "hunter" in German. Apt.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers)   Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 18:07

And large portions of the theme songs, of course.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers)   Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 18:10

Yeah, my ears just registered it as Japanese on the first few listens almost by instinct.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers)   Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 22:06

JayMoyles wrote:
I really like the "Eren's going mental - TRANSFORM" music, with the lady singing. I don't know what it's called, no. Laughing 
That would be attack ON titan, or ət'æk 0N tάɪtn for the episode 24 transformation.  Vogel im Kafig was used during his transformations in episode 9 and 21.  

My favourite track is actually track eleven, of course tracks like attack ON titan also rank up there, but I particularly like track eleven.  On some good headphones through a proper media player that theme is just gorgeous. 

Balladeer wrote:
Athrun888 wrote:
Have I mentioned how much I love the soundtrack for this series?
No, never. :PBut I do agree.  I don't really have time to concentrate on the soundtrack when Titans are dying left right and centre, but the two theme tunes are great.  (Although they still rank behind GitS:SAC, NGE and Hikaru no Go in my estimation.)
You really should give it a listen, it's pretty good stuff.  Or at least I would say give it a listen, but Youtube always seems to take the music down. Meh   One of the perks of having the soundtrack is I don't have to care about what happens on youtube, but it makes it such a pain in the backside to post favourite tracks so others can hear them.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers)   Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 23:32

JayMoyles wrote:
Just realised after reading some YouTube comments of all things how Germanic Attack on Titan's world is, from the architecture to the names - prime example being of course Mr. Jaeger, which translates roughly to "hunter" in German. Apt.
I certainly picked that up from the names- Jaeger in particular. The bit where they point out that Mikasa is of Asian descent and that's strange gave away that it wasn't supposed to be set in Japan, at which point you start looking for other points of reference.

Missed the architecture stuff, though.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers)   Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 0:19

beemoh wrote:
The bit where they point out that Mikasa is of Asian descent and that's strange gave away that it wasn't supposed to be set in Japan, at which point you start looking for other points of reference.
Totally forgot about that, good catch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers)   Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Attack on Titan Thread (Contains Spoilers)
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next